An efficiency and welfare classification of rationing by waiting in the presence of bribery
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Polterovich, Victor, 1993. "Rationing, Queues, and Black Markets," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 1-28, January.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1997. "Corruption and Development: A Review of Issues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1320-1346, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:16:y:2005:i:1:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Webster, L.M., 1993. "The Emergence of Private Sector Manufacturing in Polande, A survey of Firms," Papers 237, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521659123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alderman, Harold, 1987. "Allocation of goods through non-price mechanisms : Evidence on distribution by willingness to wait," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 105-124, February.
- de Melo, Martha & Ofer, Gur & Sandler, Olga, 1995. "Pioneers for Profit: St. Petersburg Entrepreneurs in Services," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 9(3), pages 425-50, September.
- Sah, Raaj Kumar, 1987. "Queues, Rations, and Market: Comparisons of Outcomes for the Poor and the Rich," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(1), pages 69-77, March.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521632935 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nichols, D & Smolensky, E & Tideman, T N, 1971. "Discrimination by Waiting Time in Merit Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(3), pages 312-23, June.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1991.
"Pervasive Shortages Under Socialism,"
NBER Working Papers
3791, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2004:i:1:p:1-10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Banerjee, A.V., 1997. "A Theory of Misgovernance," Working papers 97-4, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee, 1997. "A Theory of Misgovernance," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1289-1332.
- Lui, Francis T, 1985. "An Equilibrium Queuing Model of Bribery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(4), pages 760-81, August.
- Jaskold Gabszewicz, J. & Thisse, J. -F., 1979. "Price competition, quality and income disparities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 340-359, June.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1989. "A Theory of Association: Social Status, Prices and Markets," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(4), pages 653-71, October.
- Webster, L.M., 1993. "The Emergence of Private Sector Manufacturing in Hungary, A Survey of Firms," Papers 229, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Amitrajeet A. Batabyal & Seung Jick Yoo, 2007. "Corruption, Bribery, and Wait Times in the Public Allocation of Goods in Developing Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 507-517, 08.
- Wade, Robert, 1984. "Irrigation reform in conditions of populist anarchy : An Indian case," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 285-303, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:83:y:2007:i:2:p:530-548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.