Favoritism in the Public Provision of Goods in Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Amitrajeet Batabyal & Peter Nijkamp, 2004. "Favoritism in the Public Provision of Goods in Developing Countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(1), pages 1-10.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mookherjee, Dilip & Png, I P L, 1995. "Corruptible Law Enforcers: How Should They Be Compensated?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(428), pages 145-159, January.
- Amitrajeet A. Batabyal & Seung Jick Yoo, 2007. "Corruption, Bribery, and Wait Times in the Public Allocation of Goods in Developing Countries," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(3), pages 507-517, August.
- Amitrajeet Batabyal & Seung Jick Yoo, 2006. "A complete characterization of mean wait times for citizens in the non-preemptive corruption regime," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(12), pages 759-762.
- Stahl, Dale II & Alexeev, Michael, 1985. "The influence of black markets on a queue-rationed centrally planned economy," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 234-250, August.
- Lui, Francis T, 1985. "An Equilibrium Queuing Model of Bribery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(4), pages 760-781, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amitrajeet A Batabyal & Gamini Herath, 2010.
"A stochastic analysis of goods allocation by queuing and the prevention of violence,"
AccessEcon, vol. 30(4), pages 3143-3151.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet & Herath, Gamini, 2010. "A stochastic analysis of goods allocation by queuing and the prevention of violence," MPRA Paper 72169, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amitrajeet Batabyal, 2005. "On the allocation of commodities by queuing and the prevention of violence," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(14), pages 1-7.
- Amitrajeet Batabyal, 2005. "On bribing and balking in a simple queuing model of resource allocation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 16(1), pages 1-10.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A. & DeAngelo, Gregory J., 2012. "Goods allocation by queuing and the occurrence of violence: A probabilistic analysis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 1-7.
More about this item
KeywordsBribery; Corruption; Favoritism; Queuing Theory; Wait Time;
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CDM-2004-04-25 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-DEV-2004-08-23 (Development)
- NEP-PBE-2004-08-23 (Public Economics)
- NEP-REG-2004-04-25 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tin:wpaper:20040013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tinbergen Office +31 (0)10-4088900). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tinbenl.html .