Queues, Rations, and Market: Comparisons of Outcomes for the Poor and the Rich
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Altonji, Joseph G, 1986. "Intertemporal Substitution in Labor Supply: Evidence from Micro Data," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 176-215, June.
- Martin Neil Baily, 1974. "Wages and Employment under Uncertain Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(1), pages 37-50.
- Azariadis, Costas, 1975. "Implicit Contracts and Underemployment Equilibria," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(6), pages 1183-1202, December.
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Life Cycle Consumption and Labor Supply: An Explanation of the Relationship Between Income and Consumption Over the Life Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(1), pages 188-194, March.
- repec:fth:prinin:198 is not listed on IDEAS
- MaCurdy, Thomas E, 1981. "An Empirical Model of Labor Supply in a Life-Cycle Setting," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(6), pages 1059-1085, December.
- Joseph G. Altonji & Christina H. Paxson, 1985. "Job Characteristics and Hours of Work," Working Papers 578, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Joseph Altonji & Christina Paxson, 1985. "Job Characteristics and Hours of Work," Working Papers 578, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr & Rapping, Leonard A, 1969. "Real Wages, Employment, and Inflation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(5), pages 721-754, Sept./Oct.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amal Sanyal, 2004. "Bribes in a Supply Line," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71, pages 155-168, February.
- Stéphanie Souche & Charles Raux, 2006. "Perception of the fairness of pricing," Post-Print halshs-00109055, HAL.
- Fridman, Alla, 1997. "Privatization and Price Liberalization: Comparative Analysis," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 313-334, June.
- Jeremy Clark & Bonggeun Kim, 2006. "Differential Time and Money Pricing as a Mechanism for In-kind Redistribution," Working Papers in Economics 06/07, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Bennett, John, 1998. "Prices versus quantities and distributional inefficiency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 63-67, January.
- Michael Sattinger, 2002. "A Queuing Model of the Market for Access to Trading Partners," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(2), pages 533-548, May.
- Bennett, John & Dixon, Huw David, 1995.
"Macroeconomic equilibrium and reform in a transitional economy,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1465-1485, October.
- Dixon, Huw David, 1993. "Macroeconomic Equilibrium and Reform in a Transitional Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 758, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christoph Starke, 2010. "Serving the Many or Serving the Most Needy?," FEMM Working Papers 100002, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Suttner, Johannes R., 2014. "Sensitivity of economists during market allocation," CIW Discussion Papers 3/2014, University of Münster, Center for Interdisciplinary Economics (CIW).
- Ralph Bradburd & Stephen Sheppard & Joseph Bergeron & Eric Engler, 2006.
"The Impact Of Rent Controls In Non-Walrasian Markets: An Agent-Based Modeling Approach,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(3), pages 455-491.
- Ralph Bradburd & Stephen Sheppard & Joseph Bergeron & Eric Engler, 2004. "The Impact of Rent Controls in Non-Walrasian Markets: An Agent-Based Modeling Approach," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-05, Department of Economics, Williams College, revised May 2005.
- Charles Raux & Stéphanie Souche & Yves Croissant, 2009.
"How fair is pricing perceived to be? An empirical study,"
Springer, vol. 139(1), pages 227-240, April.
- Charles Raux & Stéphanie Souche & Yves Croissant, 2009. "How fair is pricing perceived to be? An empirical study," Post-Print halshs-00372115, HAL.
- Alexeev, Michael & Sabyr, Lyaziza, 2004. "Black markets and pre-reform crises in former socialist economies," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-12, March.
- Souche, Stéphanie & Raux, Charles & Croissant, Yves, 2012.
"On the perceived justice of urban road pricing: An empirical study in Lyon,"
Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice,
Elsevier, vol. 46(7), pages 1124-1136.
- Stéphanie Souche & Charles Raux & Yves Croissant, 2012. "On the perceived justice of urban road pricing: An empirical study in Lyon," Post-Print halshs-01026420, HAL.
- Alexeev, Michael & Leitzel, James, 2001.
"Income distribution and price controls: Targeting a social safety net during economic transition,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(9), pages 1647-1663, October.
- Michael Alexeev & James Leitzel, 1999. "Income Distribution and Price Controls: Targeting a Social Safety Net During Economic Transition," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 281, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Djajic, Slobadan, 1999. "Shortages, Hoarding and Parallel-Market Premia in an Economy with Administered Prices," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 1-10, February.
- Christoph Starke, 2012. "Serving the many or serving the most needy?," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 365-386, December.
- Leitzel, Jim, 1998. "Goods Diversion and Repressed Inflation: Notes on the Political Economy of Price Liberalization," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 94(3-4), pages 255-266, March.
- repec:kap:transp:v:45:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11116-016-9733-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amitrajeet Batabyal, 2005. "On bribing and balking in a simple queuing model of resource allocation," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 16(1), pages 1-10.
- Kulshreshtha, Praveen, 2007. "An efficiency and welfare classification of rationing by waiting in the presence of bribery," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 530-548, July.
- Che, Yeon-Koo & Gale, Ian, 2006. "Market versus Non-Market Assignment of Initial Ownership," MPRA Paper 6095, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 30 May 2006.
- Jeremy Clark & Bonggeun Kim, 2007.
"Paying vs. waiting in the pursuit of specific egalitarianism,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 59(3), pages 486-512, July.
- Jeremy Clark & Bonggeun Kim, 2006. "Paying Vs. Waiting in the Pursuit of Specific Egalitarianism," Working Papers in Economics 06/08, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Stephen Coate, 1986. "Should Food Aid Be Given Away or Sold During a Famine?," Discussion Papers 701, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:77:y:1987:i:1:p:69-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.