Citations for "Does foreign direct investment crowd out domestic entrepreneurship?"
by Koen De Backer & Leo Sleuwaegen
- Martin Carree & Roy Thurik, 2006.
"The Lag Structure of the Impact of Business Ownership on Eco-nomic Performance in OECD Countries,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2006-02, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- M.A. Carree & A.R. Thurik, 2008. "The Lag Structure of the Impact of Business Ownership on Economic Performance in OECD Countries," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 101-110, January.
- Carree, M.A. & Thurik, A.R., 2006. "The Lag Structure of the Impact of Business Ownership on Economic Performance in OECD Countries," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2006-064-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Park, Sang-Min & Talavera, Oleksandr & Lutz, Stefan, 2003.
"The Effects of Regional and Industry: Wide FDI Spillovers on Export of Ukrainian Firms,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
03-54, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lutz, Stefan H. & Talavera, Oleksandr & Park, Sang-Min, 2003. "The effects of regional and industry-wide FDI spillovers on export of Ukrainian firms," ZEI Working Papers B 18-2003, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- Yulia Gorbunova & Davide Infante & Janna Smirnova, 2012. "New Evidence on FDI Determinants: An Appraisal Over the Transition Period," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(2), pages 129-149.
- Stefan Lutz & Oleksandr Talavera & Sang-Min Park, 2006.
"Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industry-Wide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
594, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Stefan Lutz & Oleksandr Talavera & Sang-Min Park, 2008. "Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industrywide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 44(5), pages 82-98, September.
- S Lutz & O Talavera & S M Park, 2005. "Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industry-Wide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0511, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Taube, Markus, 2005. "Spillover-effects, crowding-in and the contributions of FDI to growth in China: A review of the literature," Duisburg Working Papers on East Asian Economic Studies 74, University Duisburg-Essen, Asia-Pacific Economic Research Institute (FIP).
- K. Farla, 2014.
"Determinants of firms' investment behaviour: a multilevel approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(34), pages 4231-4241, December.
- Farla K., 2013. "Determinants of firms' investment behaviour : a multilevel approach," MERIT Working Papers 055, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Katja Zajc Kejžar, 2011. "The role of foreign direct investment in the host-country firm selection process: firm-level evidence from Slovenian manufacturing," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 147(1), pages 169-193, April.
- Jota Ishikawa & Eiji Horiuchi, 2012.
"Strategic Foreign Direct Investment in Vertically Related Markets,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(281), pages 229-242, 06.
- ISHIKAWA Jota & HORIUCHI Eiji, 2012. "Strategic Foreign Direct Investment in Vertically Related Markets," Discussion papers 12014, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Kostas Axarloglou & Mike Pournarakis, 2007. "Do All Foreign Direct Investment Inflows Benefit the Local Economy?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 424-445, 03.
- Pathak, Saurav & Xavier-Oliveira, Emanuel & Laplume, André O., 2013. "Influence of intellectual property, foreign investment, and technological adoption on technology entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 2090-2101.
- Thomas Gall & Marc Schiffbauer & Julia Kubny, 2009.
"Dynamic Effects of Foreign Direct Investment When Credit Markets are Imperfect,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series
dp-188, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Gall, Thomas & Schiffbauer, Marc & Kubny, Julia, 2014. "Dynamic Effects Of Foreign Direct Investment When Credit Markets Are Imperfect," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(08), pages 1797-1831, December.
- Gall, Thomas & Schiffbauer, Marc & Kubny, Julia, 2010. "Dynamic Effects of Foreign Direct Investment When Credit Markets are Imperfect," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010 5, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- García, Francisco & Jin, Byungchae & Salomon, Robert, 2013. "Does inward foreign direct investment improve the innovative performance of local firms?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 231-244.
- Sule Ozler & Erol Taymaz, 2004. "Does foreign ownership matter for survival and growth? Dynamics of competition and foreign direct investment," ERC Working Papers 0406, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Mar 2004.
- Kuzyaeva, Anastasia & Didenko, Alexander, 2014. "Productivity Spillovers in the Russian Federation: The Case of Chemical Market," MPRA Paper 59349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Katja Zajc Kejžar, 2006. "The Role Of Foreign Direct Investment In The Firm Selection Process In A Host Country: Evidence From Slovenia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp841, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Haller, Stefanie A., 2009. "The impact of multinational entry on domestic market structure and investment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 52-62, January.
- Elisa Galeotti, 2009. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Geographical Proximity with Foreign Investors? Evidence from the Privatization of the Czech Glass Industry," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 026-047, March.
- Jörg Zimmermann & Wolfgang Sofka, 2013. "Knowledge search versus knowledge deployment: How foreignness can be both an asset and a liability for firms," JRC-IPTS Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2013-03, Institute of Prospective Technological Studies, Joint Research Centre.
- Kim, Phillip H. & Li, Mingxiang, 2014. "Injecting demand through spillovers: Foreign direct investment, domestic socio-political conditions, and host-country entrepreneurial activity," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 210-231.
- Robert Feinberg, 2010.
"Do international shocks affect small wholesalers and retailers?,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 146(2), pages 323-338, June.
- Robert M. Feinberg, 2009. "Do International Shocks Affect Small Wholesalers and Retailers?," Working Papers 2009-02, American University, Department of Economics.
- Erol Taymaz & Şule Özler, 2007. "Foreign Ownership, Competition, and Survival Dynamics," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 23-42, August.
- Anna Ferragina & Fernanda Mazzotta, 2014. "FDI spillovers on firm survival in Italy: absorptive capacity matters!," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(6), pages 859-897, December.
- Rosa Forte, 2013. "Multinational Firms And Host Country Market Structure: A Review Of Empirical Literature," FEP Working Papers 497, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Rosa Forte & Paula Sarmento, 2012. "Foreign Presence and Market Concentration: The Case of Portuguese Manufacturing Industries," FEP Working Papers 444, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Koen De Backer & Leo Sleuwaegen, 2005. "A closer look at the productivity advantage of foreign affiliates," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 17-34.
- Li, Yarui & Woodard, Joshua D. & Leatham, David J., 2013. "Causality among Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: A Directed Acyclic Graph Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 45(04), November.
- Rui, Huaichuan & Yip, George S., 2008. "Foreign acquisitions by Chinese firms: A strategic intent perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 213-226, March.
- Estrin, Saul & Korosteleva, Julia & Mickiewicz, Tomasz, 2011.
"Which Institutions Encourage Entrepreneurs to Create Larger Firms?,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8247, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Estrin, Saul & Korosteleva, Julia & Mickiewicz, Tomasz, 2011. "Which Institutions Encourage Entrepreneurs to Create Larger Firms?," IZA Discussion Papers 5481, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wang, Danny T. & Gu, Flora F. & Tse, David K. & Yim, Chi Kin (Bennett), 2013. "When does FDI matter? The roles of local institutions and ethnic origins of FDI," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 450-465.
- Hongbin Cai & Yasuyuki Todo & Li-An Zhou, 2007. "Do Multinationals' R&D Activities Stimulate Indigenous Entrepreneurship? Evidence from China's "Silicon Valley"," NBER Working Papers 13618, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna Maria Ferragina & Fernanda Mazzotta & Erol Taymaz & Kamil Yilmaz, 2013.
"The Impact Of Fdi On Firm Survival And Employment: A Comparative Analysis For Turkey And Italy,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa13p1211, European Regional Science Association.
- FERRAGINA, Anna Maria, 2013. "The Impact of FDI on Firm Survival and Employment: A Comparative Analysis for Turkey and Italy," CELPE Discussion Papers 127, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Li, Yarui & Woodard, Joshua D. & Leatham, David J., 2011. "The Causality of Foreign Direct Investment and Its Effects on Economic Growth: Re-estimated by a Directed Graph Approach," 2011 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2011, Corpus Christi, Texas 98791, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Yang, Boqiong & Chen, Jianguo, 2011. "An empirical model of the environmental effect of FDI in host countries: Analysis based on Chinese panel data," IAMO Forum 2011: Will the "BRICs Decade" Continue? – Prospects for Trade and Growth 3, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- Arimoto, Yutaka & Lee, Changmin, 2014. "Did Japanese direct investment in Korea suppress indigenous industrialization in the 1930s? : evidence from country-level factory entry patterns," IDE Discussion Papers 450, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Ari Kokko & Tran Toan Thang, 2014. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Survival of Domestic Private Firms in Viet Nam," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 31(1), pages 53-91, March.
- Gao, Lan & Liu, Xiaohui & Zou, Huan, 2013. "The role of human mobility in promoting Chinese outward FDI: A neglected factor?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 437-449.
- Anwar, Sajid & Sun, Sizhong, 2012. "FDI and market entry/exit: Evidence from China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 487-498.
- Oetzel, Jennifer & Doh, Jonathan P., 2009. "MNEs and development: a review and reconceptualization," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 108-120, April.
- Stefanie A. Haller, 2005. "The Impact of Multinational Entry on Domestic Market Structure and R&D," Economics Working Papers ECO2005/16, European University Institute.
- Oetzel, Jennifer M. & Banerjee, Sudeshna Ghosh, 2008. "A case of the tortoise versus the hare? Deregulation process, timing, and firm performance in emerging markets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 54-77, February.