Citations for "Does foreign direct investment crowd out domestic entrepreneurship?"
by Koen De Backer & Leo Sleuwaegen
- Ari Kokko & Tran Toan Thang, 2014. "Foreign Direct Investment and the Survival of Domestic Private Firms in Viet Nam," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 31(1), pages 53-91, March.
- Robert M. Feinberg, 2009.
"Do International Shocks Affect Small Wholesalers and Retailers?,"
2009-02, American University, Department of Economics.
- Robert Feinberg, 2010. "Do international shocks affect small wholesalers and retailers?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 146(2), pages 323-338, June.
- S Lutz & O Talavera & S M Park, 2005.
"Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industry-Wide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
0511, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Stefan Lutz & Oleksandr Talavera & Sang-Min Park, 2008. "Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industrywide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(5), pages 82-98, September.
- Stefan Lutz & Oleksandr Talavera & Sang-Min Park, 2008. "Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industrywide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 44(5), pages 82-98, September.
- Stefan Lutz & Oleksandr Talavera & Sang-Min Park, 2006. "Effects of Foreign Presence in a Transition Economy: Regional and Industry-Wide Investments and Firm-Level Exports in Ukrainian Manufacturing," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 594, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jota Ishikawa & Eiji Horiuchi, 2012.
"Strategic Foreign Direct Investment in Vertically Related Markets,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 88(281), pages 229-242, 06.
- ISHIKAWA Jota & HORIUCHI Eiji, 2012. "Strategic Foreign Direct Investment in Vertically Related Markets," Discussion papers 12014, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Carree, M.A. & Thurik, A.R., 2006.
"The Lag Structure of the Impact of Business Ownership on Economic Performance in OECD Countries,"
ERIM Report Series Research in Management
ERS-2006-064-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- M.A. Carree & A.R. Thurik, 2008. "The Lag Structure of the Impact of Business Ownership on Economic Performance in OECD Countries," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 101-110, January.
- Martin Carree & Roy Thurik, 2006. "The Lag Structure of the Impact of Business Ownership on Eco-nomic Performance in OECD Countries," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2006-02, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Gall, Thomas & Schiffbauer, Marc & Kubny, Julia, 2010.
"Dynamic Effects of Foreign Direct Investment When Credit Markets are Imperfect,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Hannover 2010
5, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Gall, Thomas & Schiffbauer, Marc & Kubny, Julia, 2014. "Dynamic Effects Of Foreign Direct Investment When Credit Markets Are Imperfect," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(08), pages 1797-1831, December.
- Thomas Gall & Marc Schiffbauer & Julia Kubny, 2009. "Dynamic Effects of Foreign Direct Investment When Credit Markets are Imperfect," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-188, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Katja Zajc Kejžar, 2011. "The role of foreign direct investment in the host-country firm selection process: firm-level evidence from Slovenian manufacturing," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(1), pages 169-193, April.
- Erol Taymaz & Şule Özler, 2007. "Foreign Ownership, Competition, and Survival Dynamics," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 23-42, August.
- Zajc Kejžar, Katja, 2016. "Shutdown versus M&A: An empirical investigation of Slovenian incumbent firms’ responses to foreign competition," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 247-259.
- Italo Colantone & Kristien Coucke & Leo Sleuwaegen, 2015. "Low-cost import competition and firm exit: evidence from the EU," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 131-161.
- Anwar, Sajid & Sun, Sizhong, 2012. "FDI and market entry/exit: Evidence from China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 487-498.
- Anna Ferragina & Fernanda Mazzotta, 2014. "FDI spillovers on firm survival in Italy: absorptive capacity matters!," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(6), pages 859-897, December.
- Gao, Lan & Liu, Xiaohui & Zou, Huan, 2013. "The role of human mobility in promoting Chinese outward FDI: A neglected factor?," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 437-449.
- Jörg Zimmermann & Wolfgang Sofka, 2013. "Knowledge search versus knowledge deployment: How foreignness can be both an asset and a liability for firms," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2013-03, Directorate Growth & Innovation and JRC-Seville, Joint Research Centre.
- Rui, Huaichuan & Yip, George S., 2008. "Foreign acquisitions by Chinese firms: A strategic intent perspective," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 213-226, March.
- Kostas Axarloglou & Mike Pournarakis, 2007. "Do All Foreign Direct Investment Inflows Benefit the Local Economy?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 424-445, 03.
- Hongbin Cai & Yasuyuki Todo & Li-An Zhou, 2007. "Do Multinationals' R&D Activities Stimulate Indigenous Entrepreneurship? Evidence from China's "Silicon Valley"," NBER Working Papers 13618, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- García, Francisco & Jin, Byungchae & Salomon, Robert, 2013. "Does inward foreign direct investment improve the innovative performance of local firms?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 231-244.
- K. Farla, 2014.
"Determinants of firms' investment behaviour: a multilevel approach,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(34), pages 4231-4241, December.
- Farla K., 2013. "Determinants of firms' investment behaviour : a multilevel approach," MERIT Working Papers 055, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Katja Zajc Kejžar, 2006. "The Role Of Foreign Direct Investment In The Firm Selection Process In A Host Country: Evidence From Slovenia," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp841, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- FERRAGINA, Anna Maria, 2013.
"The Impact of FDI on Firm Survival and Employment: A Comparative Analysis for Turkey and Italy,"
CELPE Discussion Papers
127, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
- Anna Maria Ferragina & Fernanda Mazzotta & Erol Taymaz & Kamil Yilmaz, 2013. "The Impact Of Fdi On Firm Survival And Employment: A Comparative Analysis For Turkey And Italy," ERSA conference papers ersa13p1211, European Regional Science Association.
- Pathak, Saurav & Xavier-Oliveira, Emanuel & Laplume, André O., 2013. "Influence of intellectual property, foreign investment, and technological adoption on technology entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 2090-2101.
- Haller, Stefanie A., 2009. "The impact of multinational entry on domestic market structure and investment," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 52-62, January.
- Rosa Forte & Paula Sarmento, 2012. "Foreign Presence and Market Concentration: The Case of Portuguese Manufacturing Industries," FEP Working Papers 444, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Bin Ni, 2016. "Productivity Gap and Vertical Spillover: Evidence from Vietnam," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 16-04, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Farzana Chowdhury & Siri Terjesen & David Audretsch, 2015. "Varieties of entrepreneurship: institutional drivers across entrepreneurial activity and country," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 121-148, August.
- Kuzyaeva, Anastasia & Didenko, Alexander, 2014. "Productivity Spillovers in the Russian Federation: The Case of Chemical Market," MPRA Paper 59349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Taube, Markus, 2005. "Spillover-effects, crowding-in and the contributions of FDI to growth in China: A review of the literature," Duisburg Working Papers on East Asian Economic Studies 74, University Duisburg-Essen, Asia-Pacific Economic Research Institute (FIP).
- Wang, Danny T. & Gu, Flora F. & Tse, David K. & Yim, Chi Kin (Bennett), 2013. "When does FDI matter? The roles of local institutions and ethnic origins of FDI," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 450-465.
- Park, Sang-Min & Talavera, Oleksandr & Lutz, Stefan, 2003.
"The Effects of Regional and Industry: Wide FDI Spillovers on Export of Ukrainian Firms,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
03-54, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Lutz, Stefan H. & Talavera, Oleksandr & Park, Sang-Min, 2003. "The effects of regional and industry-wide FDI spillovers on export of Ukrainian firms," ZEI Working Papers B 18-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Yang, Boqiong & Chen, Jianguo, 2011. "An empirical model of the environmental effect of FDI in host countries: Analysis based on Chinese panel data," IAMO Forum 2011: Will the "BRICs Decade" Continue? – Prospects for Trade and Growth 3, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Central and Eastern Europe (IAMO).
- Koen De Backer & Leo Sleuwaegen, 2005. "A closer look at the productivity advantage of foreign affiliates," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(1), pages 17-34.
- Rosa Forte, 2013. "Multinational Firms And Host Country Market Structure: A Review Of Empirical Literature," FEP Working Papers 497, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Elisa Galeotti, 2009. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Geographical Proximity with Foreign Investors? Evidence from the Privatization of the Czech Glass Industry," Czech Economic Review, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, vol. 3(1), pages 026-047, March.
- Sule Ozler & Erol Taymaz, 2004. "Does foreign ownership matter for survival and growth? Dynamics of competition and foreign direct investment," ERC Working Papers 0406, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Mar 2004.
- Arimoto, Yutaka & Lee, Changmin, 2014. "Did Japanese direct investment in Korea suppress indigenous industrialization in the 1930s? : evidence from country-level factory entry patterns," IDE Discussion Papers 450, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Yulia Gorbunova & Davide Infante & Janna Smirnova, 2012. "New Evidence on FDI Determinants: An Appraisal Over the Transition Period," Prague Economic Papers, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2012(2), pages 129-149.
- Estrin, Saul & Korosteleva, Julia & Mickiewicz, Tomasz, 2011.
"Which Institutions Encourage Entrepreneurs to Create Larger Firms?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5481, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Estrin, Saul & Korosteleva, Julia & Mickiewicz, Tomasz, 2011. "Which Institutions Encourage Entrepreneurs to Create Larger Firms?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8247, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kim, Phillip H. & Li, Mingxiang, 2014. "Injecting demand through spillovers: Foreign direct investment, domestic socio-political conditions, and host-country entrepreneurial activity," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 210-231.
- Livanis, Grigorios & Lamin, Anna, 2016. "Knowledge, Proximity and R&D Exodus," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 8-26.
- Li, Yarui & Woodard, Joshua D. & Leatham, David J., 2011. "The Causality of Foreign Direct Investment and Its Effects on Economic Growth: Re-estimated by a Directed Graph Approach," 2011 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2011, Corpus Christi, Texas 98791, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Stefanie A. Haller, 2005. "The Impact of Multinational Entry on Domestic Market Structure and R&D," Economics Working Papers ECO2005/16, European University Institute.
- Andrzej Cieślik, 2015. "Imperfect competition, productivity differences and proximity concentration trade-offs," Ekonomia journal, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw, vol. 40.
- Oetzel, Jennifer & Doh, Jonathan P., 2009. "MNEs and development: a review and reconceptualization," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 108-120, April.
- Oetzel, Jennifer M. & Banerjee, Sudeshna Ghosh, 2008. "A case of the tortoise versus the hare? Deregulation process, timing, and firm performance in emerging markets," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 54-77, February.
- Li, Yarui & Woodard, Joshua D. & Leatham, David J., 2013. "Causality among Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: A Directed Acyclic Graph Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 45(04), November.