Foreign direct investment and entrepreneurship: gender differences across international economic freedom and taxation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zoltan Acs & Elena Bardasi & Saul Estrin & Jan Svejnar, 2011. "Introduction to special issue of Small Business Economics on female entrepreneurship in developed and developing economies," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 393-396, November.
- Koen De Backer & Leo Sleuwaegen, 2003.
"Does Foreign Direct Investment Crowd Out Domestic Entrepreneurship?,"
Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 22(1), pages 67-84, February.
- Koen De Backer & Leo Sleuwaegen, 2002. "Does foreign direct investment crowd out domestic entrepreneurship?," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2002-14, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- Saul Estrin & Tomasz Mickiewicz, 2011. "Institutions and female entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 397-415, November.
- Pontus Braunerhjelm & Ding Ding & Per Thulin, 2018.
"The knowledge spillover theory of intrapreneurship,"
Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 1-30, June.
- Zoltan Acs & David Audretsch & Erik Lehmann, 2013. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 41(4), pages 757-774, December.
- Zoltan Acs & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David Audretsch & Bo Carlsson, 2009. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 15-30, January.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Pontus Braunerhjelm & David B. Audretsch & Bo Carlsson, 2015. "The knowledge spillover theory of entrepreneurship," Chapters, in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 7, pages 129-144, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Acs, Zoltán J & Audretsch, David B & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2005. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," CEPR Discussion Papers 5326, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Acs, Zoltan & Audrestch, David & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 2007. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 77, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Zoltan J. Acs & David B. Audretsch & Pontus Braunerhjelm & Bo Carlsson, 2005. "The Knowledge Spillover Theory of Entrepreneurship," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-27, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1995. "Institutions And Economic Performance: Cross‐Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Measures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 207-227, November.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Erkko Autio & László Szerb, 2015.
"National Systems of Entrepreneurship: Measurement issues and policy implications,"
Chapters, in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 28, pages 523-541,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ács, Zoltán J. & Autio, Erkko & Szerb, László, 2014. "National Systems of Entrepreneurship: Measurement issues and policy implications," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 476-494.
- Knack, Stephen & Keefer, Philip, 1995. "Institutions and Economic Performance: Cross-Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Indicators," MPRA Paper 23118, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zoltán J. Ács & Sameeksha Desai & Leora F. Klapper, 2015.
"What does ‘‘entrepreneurship’’ data really show?,"
Chapters, in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 24, pages 464-480,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Szerb, László & Aidis, Ruta & Acs, Zoltan J., 2013. "The Comparison of the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor and the Global Entrepreneurship and Development Index Methodologies," Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship, now publishers, vol. 9(1), pages 1-142, January.
- Rajeev K. Goel & Edward W.T. Hsieh, 2002. "Internet Growth and Economic Theory," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 221-225, November.
- Danakol, Seçil Hülya & Estrin, Saul & Reynolds, Paul & Weitzel, Utz, 2013.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Domestic Entrepreneurship: Blessing or Curse?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
7796, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Danakol, Seçil Hülya & Estrin, Saul & Reynolds, Paul & Weitzel, Utz, 2014. "Foreign Direct Investment and Domestic Entrepreneurship: Blessing or Curse?," CEPR Discussion Papers 9793, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Estrin, Saul & Hülya Danakol, Seçil & Reynolds, Paul & Weitzel, Utz, 2014. "Foreign direct investment and domestic entrepreneurship: blessing or curse?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60281, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Saul Estrin & Seçil Hülya Danakol & Paul Reynolds & Utz Weitzel, 2014. "Foreign Direct Investment and Domestic Entrepreneurship: Blessing or Curse?," CEP Discussion Papers dp1268, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Liu, Qing & Lu, Ruosi & Zhang, Chao, 2014. "Entrepreneurship and spillovers from multinationals: Evidence from Chinese private firms," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 95-106.
- Richard J. Cebula & Joshua Hall & Franklin G. Mixon Jr & James E. Payne (ed.), 2015. "Economic Behavior, Economic Freedom, and Entrepreneurship," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 16557.
- Peter Rosa & Alison Dawson, 2006. "Gender and the commercialization of university science: academic founders of spinout companies," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(4), pages 341-366, July.
- Rajeev Goel & James Saunoris & Xingyuan Zhang, 2015. "Innovation and underground entrepreneurship," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 40(5), pages 800-820, October.
- Fischer, Eileen M. & Reuber, A. Rebecca & Dyke, Lorraine S., 1993. "A theoretical overview and extension of research on sex, gender, and entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 151-168, March.
- Rajeev K. Goel & James W. Saunoris, 2017. "Dynamics Of Knowledge Spillovers From Patents To Entrepreneurship: Evidence Across Entrepreneurship Types," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(4), pages 700-715, October.
- Maria Minniti & Wim Naudé, 2010. "Introduction: What Do We Know About The Patterns and Determinants of Female Entrepreneurship Across Countries?," The European Journal of Development Research, Palgrave Macmillan;European Association of Development Research and Training Institutes (EADI), vol. 22(3), pages 277-293, July.
- Gicheva, Dora & Link, Albert, 2015. "The Gender Gap in Federal and Private Support for Entrepreneurship," UNCG Economics Working Papers 15-5, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Paula Stephan & Asmaa El-Ganainy, 2007. "The entrepreneurial puzzle: explaining the gender gap," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 32(5), pages 475-487, October.
- Rajeev Goel & Devrim Göktepe-Hultén & Rati Ram, 2015. "Academics’ entrepreneurship propensities and gender differences," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 161-177, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rajeev K. Goel & James W. Saunoris, 2020. "Does income inequality sand or grease the wheels of entrepreneurial activity? International evidence," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(2), pages 138-160, June.
- Sanghyun Hong & W. Robert Reed & Bifei Tian & Tingting Wu & Gen Chen, 2019. "Does FDI Promote Entrepreneurial Activities? A Meta-Analysis," Working Papers in Economics 19/06, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Marzieh Abolhassani & Seçil Hülya Danakol, 2019. "Wage and competition channels of foreign direct investment and new firm entry," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 53(4), pages 935-960, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Gender; Foreign direct investment; Taxation; Economic freedom;
- M16 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - International Business Administration
- F6 - International Economics - - Economic Impacts of Globalization
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:sbusec:v:50:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9914-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.