Citations for "Managerial Traits and Capital Structure Decisions"
by Hackbarth, Dirk
- Sanjay Deshmukh & Anand M. Goel & Keith M. Howe, 2009.
"CEO overconfidence and dividend policy,"
Working Paper Series
WP-09-06, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Palomino, Frederic & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim, 2011.
"Overconfidence and delegated portfolio management,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 159-177, April.
- Palomino, Frédéric & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim, 2004. "Overconfidence and Delegated Portfolio Management," CEPR Discussion Papers 4231, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Palomino, F.A. & Sadrieh, A., 2003. "Overconfidence and Delegated Portfolio Management," Discussion Paper 2003-54, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Otto, Clemens A., 2014. "CEO optimism and incentive compensation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 366-404.
- Wong, Kit Pong, 2015. "A regret theory of capital structure," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 48-57.
- Masaaki Kijima & Yuan Tian, 2013. "Investment and capital structure decisions under time-inconsistent preferences," KIER Working Papers 858, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Cai, Kelly & Zhu, Hui, 2015. "Cultural distance and foreign IPO underpricing variations," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 99-114.
- Itzhak Ben-David & John R. Graham, 2013.
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 128(4), pages 1547-1584.
- Ben-David, Itzhak & Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R., 2010. "Managerial Miscalibration," Working Paper Series 2010-12, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Itzhak Ben-David & John R. Graham & Campbell R. Harvey, 2010. "Managerial Miscalibration," NBER Working Papers 16215, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jiang Wei & Xiao Min & You Jiaxing, 2011. "Managerial overconfidence and debt maturity structure of firms: Analysis based on China's listed companies," China Finance Review International, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(3), pages 262-279, June.
- Antonczyk, Ron Christian & Salzmann, Astrid Juliane, 2014. "Overconfidence and optimism: The effect of national culture on capital structure," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 132-151.
- Brea, Humberto & Grifell-Tatje, Emili & Orea, Luis, 2012. "Expectations with Unrealistic Optimism: An Empirical Application," Efficiency Series Papers 2012/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Ezzeddine Ben Mohamed & Baccar Ame & Abdelfatteh Bouri, 2013. "Investment Cash Flow Sensitivity and Managerial Optimism: A Literature Review via the Classification Scheme Technique," The Review of Finance and Banking, Academia de Studii Economice din Bucuresti, Romania / Facultatea de Finante, Asigurari, Banci si Burse de Valori / Catedra de Finante, vol. 5(1), pages 007-026, June.
- Kamal Anouar, 2013. "L'Exces De Confiance Des Dirigeants Et La Decision De Distribution De Dividendes : Une Analyse Lexicale," Working Papers halshs-00797635, HAL.
- Strebulaev, Ilya A. & Yang, Baozhong, 2013. "The mystery of zero-leverage firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 1-23.
- Manju Puri & David Robinson, 2005.
"Optimism and Economic Choice,"
NBER Working Papers
11361, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andriosopoulos, Dimitris & Andriosopoulos, Kostas & Hoque, Hafiz, 2013. "Information disclosure, CEO overconfidence, and share buyback completion rates," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5486-5499.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Geoffrey Tate & Jonathan Yan, 2010. "Overconfidence and Early-life Experiences: The Impact of Managerial Traits on Corporate Financial Policies," NBER Working Papers 15659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Miglo, Anton, 2010. "The Pecking Order, Trade-off, Signaling, and Market-Timing Theories of Capital Structure: a Review," MPRA Paper 46691, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Véronique Bessière, 2007. "Excès de confiance des dirigeants et décisions financières:une synthèse," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 10(1), pages 39-66, March.
- Wang, Chih-Yung & Chen, Yu-Fen & Yu, Chia-Wen, 2013. "Managerial optimism and post-financing stock performance in Taiwan: A comparison of debt and equity financing," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 332-335.
- Bodeutsch, D.S. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F., 2015. "Risk attitudes in company boardrooms in a developing country," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2015-04, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Chuluun, Tuugi & Graham, Carol, 2016. "Local happiness and firm behavior: Do firms in happy places invest more?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 41-56.
- Ulrike Malmendier & Geoffrey Tate & Jonathan Yan, 2007. "Corporate Financial Policies With Overconfident Managers," NBER Working Papers 13570, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Newman & Philip Bond, 2004.
"Prohibitions on Punishments in Private Contracts,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings
143, Econometric Society.
- Philip Bond & Andrew F. Newman, 2006. "Prohibitions on Punishments in Private Contracts," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-060, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Martin Koudstaal & Randolph Sloof & Mirjam van Praag, 2015. "Are Entrepreneurs more Optimistic and Overconfident than Managers and Employees?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 15-124/VII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Tian, Yuan, 2016. "Optimal capital structure and investment decisions under time-inconsistent preferences," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 83-104.
- E. Agliardi & R. Agliardi & W. Spanjers, 2014. "Cash holdings and financing decisions under ambiguity," Working Papers wp979, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Chang, Ya-Kai & Chou, Robin K. & Huang, Tai-Hsin, 2014. "Corporate governance and the dynamics of capital structure: New evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 374-385.
- Citci, Sadettin Haluk & Inci, Eren, 2016. "Career concerns and Bayesian overconfidence of managers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 137-159.
- Brookman, Jeffrey T. & Thistle, Paul D., 2013. "Managerial compensation: Luck, skill or labor markets?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 252-268.
- Hui Zhu & Kelly Cai, 2014. "Cultural Distance And Bond Pricing: Evidence In The Yankee And Rule 144a Bond Markets," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 37(3), pages 357-384, 09.
- Dalia Marciukaityte & Samuel H. Szewczyk, 2011. "Financing Decisions and Discretionary Accruals: Managerial Manipulation or Managerial Overoptimism," Review of Behavioral Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 3(2), pages 91-114, November.
- Hackbarth, Dirk, 2009. "Determinants of corporate borrowing: A behavioral perspective," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 389-411, September.
- Yiuman Tse & Lin Zhao, . "The Relationship between Currency Carry Trades and U.S. Stocks The article examines the relationship between daily returns of currency carry trades and U.S. stocks from January 1995 through September ," Working Papers 0005, College of Business, University of Texas at San Antonio.
- Borghesi, Richard & Houston, Joel F. & Naranjo, Andy, 2014. "Corporate socially responsible investments: CEO altruism, reputation, and shareholder interests," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 164-181.
- Campbell, T. Colin & Gallmeyer, Michael & Johnson, Shane A. & Rutherford, Jessica & Stanley, Brooke W., 2011. "CEO optimism and forced turnover," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 695-712, September.
- Ho, Po-Hsin & Huang, Chia-Wei & Lin, Chih-Yung & Yen, Ju-Fang, 2016. "CEO overconfidence and financial crisis: Evidence from bank lending and leverage," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 120(1), pages 194-209.
- li, Hong & Mu, Congming & Yang, Jinqiang, 2016. "Optimal contract theory with time-inconsistent preferences," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 519-530.
- Miglo, Anton, 2012. "Managers versus students: new approach in improving capital structure education," MPRA Paper 46695, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wang, Jian & Sheng, Jiliang & Yang, Jun, 2013. "Optimism bias and incentive contracts in portfolio delegation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 493-499.
- Graham, John R. & Harvey, Campbell R. & Puri, Manju, 2013. "Managerial attitudes and corporate actions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 103-121.
- Huang, Ronghong & Tan, Kelvin Jui Keng & Faff, Robert W., 2016. "CEO overconfidence and corporate debt maturity," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 93-110.
- Schrand, Catherine M. & Zechman, Sarah L.C., 2012. "Executive overconfidence and the slippery slope to financial misreporting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 311-329.
- Michele Dell'Era & Luis Santos-Pinto, 2011. "Entrepreneurial Overconfidence, Self-Financing and Capital Market Efficiency," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 11.06, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP, revised Nov 2012.