India - a lead market for frugal innovations? Extending the lead market theory to emerging economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rian Beise-Zee & Christian Rammer, 2006.
"Local User-Producer Interaction in Innovation and Export Performance of Firms,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 207-222, October.
- Rammer, Christian & Beise, Marian, 2003. "Local User-Producer Interaction in Innovation and Export Performance of Firms," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-51, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Pietro Moncada-Paternò-Castello & Marco Vivarelli & Peter Voigt, 2011.
"Drivers and impacts in the globalization of corporate R&D: an introduction based on the European experience,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 20(2), pages 585-603, April.
- Moncada-Paternò-Castello, Pietro & Vivarelli, Marco & Voigt, Peter, 2011. "Drivers and Impacts in the Globalization of Corporate R&D: An Introduction Based on the European Experience," IZA Discussion Papers 5582, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Frédérique Sachwald, 2008. "Location choices within global innovation networks: the case of Europe," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 364-378, August.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Buse, Stephan & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2007. "Innovation via global route: Proposing a reference model for chances and challenges of global innovation processes," Working Papers 49, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Birgit Kuchler & Jan Goebel, 2003. "Smoothed Income Poverty in European Countries," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 352, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Beise, Marian & Rennings, Klaus, 2005. "Lead markets and regulation: a framework for analyzing the international diffusion of environmental innovations," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Gassmann, Oliver & von Zedtwitz, Maximilian, 1999. "New concepts and trends in international R&D organization," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 231-250, March.
- Martin Jänicke & Klaus Jacob, 2004. "Lead Markets for Environmental Innovations: A New Role for the Nation State," Global Environmental Politics, MIT Press, vol. 4(1), pages 29-46, February.
- Marian Beise & Heike Belitz, 1998.
"Trends in the Internationalisation of R&D - the German Perspective,"
Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research,
DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 67(2), pages 67-85.
- Marian Beise & Heike Belitz, 1998. "Trends in the Internationalisation of R&D: The German Perspective," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 167, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Narayanan, K., 1998.
"Technology acquisition, de-regulation and competitiveness: a study of Indian automobile industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 215-228, June.
- Narayanan, K., 1997. "Technology Acquisition, De-regulation and Competitiveness: A Study of Indian Automobile Industry," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 3, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Beise, Marian & Cleff, Thomas, 2004. "Assessing the lead market potential of countries for innovation projects," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 453-477.
- Chaudhuri, Kausik & Schneider, Friedrich & Chattopadhyay, Sumana, 2006. "The size and development of the shadow economy: An empirical investigation from states of India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 428-443, August.
- Marian Beise, 2005. "Lead markets, innovation differentials and growth," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 305-328, January.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2011. "Role of "Lead Market" factors in globalization of innovation: Emerging evidence from India & its implications," Working Papers 64, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2009. "The emergence of Indian multinationals: An empirical study of motives, status-quo and trends of Indian investments in Germany," Working Papers 56, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Cantwell, John, 1995. "The Globalisation of Technology: What Remains of the Product Cycle Model?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 155-174, February.
- Herstatt, Cornelius & Tiwari, Rajnish & Buse, Stephan, 2008.
"India's National Innovation System: Key elements and corporate perspectives,"
51, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Cornelius Herstatt & Rajnish Tiwari & Dieter Ernst, 2008. "India's National Innovation System: Key Elements and Corporate Perspectives," Economics Study Area Working Papers 96, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Brown, James E. & Hendry, Chris N. & Harborne, Paul, 2007. "An emerging market in fuel cells? Residential combined heat and power in four countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 2173-2186, April.
- Johny K Johansson & Ilkka A Ronkainen & Michael R Czinkota, 1994. "Negative Country-of-Origin Effects: The Case of the New Russia," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(1), pages 157-176, March.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 2001. "Determinants of location of overseas R&D activity of multinational enterprises: the case of US and Japanese corporations1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 159-174, January.
- Marian Beise & Klaus Rennings, 2004. "National Environmental Policy and the Global Success of Next-Generation Automobiles," Discussion Paper Series 154, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2012. "Frugal innovations for the 'unserved' customer: An assessment of India's attractiveness as a lead Market for cost-effective products," Working Papers 69, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Andrea Renda, 2016. "Selecting and Designing European ICT Innovation Policies," JRC Working Papers JRC103661, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- André Cipriani, 2014. "Quelle(s) relation(s) entre l'innovation inverse et le courant sur les ressources ?," Post-Print hal-01164493, HAL.
- Rakhshanda Khan, 2016. "How Frugal Innovation Promotes Social Sustainability," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(10), pages 1-29, October.
- repec:kap:iecepo:v:14:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10368-017-0386-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anil Nair & Orhun Guldiken & Stav Fainshmidt & Amir Pezeshkan, 2015. "Innovation in India: A review of past research and future directions," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 925-958, December.
- Tiwari, Rajnish & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2012. "Open global innovation networks as enablers of frugal innovation: propositions based on evidence from India," Working Papers 72, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
- Tilman Altenburg & Eike W. Schamp & Ankur Chaudhary, 2016. "The emergence of electromobility: Comparing technological pathways in France, Germany, China and India," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 43(4), pages 464-475.
- Herstatt, Maximilian & Herstatt, Cornelius, 2014. "India's Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs): Social construction of a "frugal" innovation," Working Papers 86, Hamburg University of Technology (TUHH), Institute for Technology and Innovation Management.
More about this item
KeywordsLead Markets; Frugal Innovations; India; Globalization of Innovation; Internationalization of R&D;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-20 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:tuhtim:67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ittuhde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.