Population growth, saving, interest rates and stagnation: Discussing the Eggertsson-Mehrotra model
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Homburg, 2014.
"Overaccumulation, Public Debt and the Importance of Land,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 15(4), pages 411-435, November.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2014. "Overaccumulation, Public Debt, and the Importance of Land," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-525, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2014. "Overaccumulation, Public Debt, and the Importance of Land," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100431, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Philippe Weil, 2008.
"Overlapping Generations: The First Jubilee,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(4), pages 115-134, Fall.
- Philippe Weil, 2008. "Overlapping generations: the first jubilee," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13430, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Philippe Weil, 2008. "Overlapping Generations: the First Jubilee," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/8712, Sciences Po.
- Philippe Weil, 2008. "Overlapping Generations: the First Jubilee," Post-Print hal-01022015, HAL.
- Hans Fehr & Sabine Jokisch, 2006. "Demographischer Wandel und internationale Finanzmärkte," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 7(4), pages 501-517, November.
- James M. Poterba, 2001. "Demographic Structure And Asset Returns," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(4), pages 565-584, November.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467-467.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/8712 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben S. Bernanke, 2005. "The global saving glut and the U.S. current account deficit," Speech 77, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Thwaites, Gregory, 2014.
"Why are real interest rates so low? Secular stagnation and the relative price of investment goods,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
86328, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gregory Thwaites, 2014. "Why are real interest rates so low? Secular stagnation and the relative price of investment goods," Discussion Papers 1428, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- Thwaites, Gregory, 2015. "Why are real interest rates so low? Secular stagnation and the relative price of investment goods," Bank of England working papers 564, Bank of England.
- Piti Disyatat, 2011. "The Bank Lending Channel Revisited," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43(4), pages 711-734, June.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2005:i:mar10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eusepi, Stefano, 2007. "Learnability and monetary policy: A global perspective," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1115-1131, May.
- Thomas Laubach & John C. Williams, 2003.
"Measuring the Natural Rate of Interest,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 1063-1070, November.
- Thomas Laubach and John C. Williams, 2001. "Measuring the Natural Rate of Interest," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 35, Society for Computational Economics.
- Thomas Laubach & John C. Williams, 2001. "Measuring the natural rate of interest," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2001-56, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mark Hayes, 2006. "The Economics of Keynes: A New Guide to The General Theory," Books, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES), number nggt.
More about this item
Keywordsoverlapping generations; zero lower bound; deflation equilibrium; natural versus market interest rates;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-06-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2016-06-14 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2016-06-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-PKE-2016-06-14 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:hohdps:042016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwhohde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.