Trade in Services versus Trade in Manufactures: The Relation between the Role of Tacit Knowledge, the Scope for Catch up, and Income Elasticity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Finicelli, Andrea & Pagano, Patrizio & Sbracia, Massimo, 2013.
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 96-109.
- Finicelli, Andrea & Pagano, Patrizio & Sbracia, Massimo, 2009. "Ricardian selection," MPRA Paper 16950, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrea Finicelli & Patrizio Pagano & Massimo Sbracia, 2009. "Ricardian selection," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 728, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Peter Egger & Sergey K. Nigai, 2016. "World-Trade Growth Accounting," CESifo Working Paper Series 5831, CESifo Group Munich.
- Levchenko, Andrei A. & Zhang, Jing, 2016.
"The evolution of comparative advantage: Measurement and welfare implications,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 96-111.
- Jing Zhang & Andrei A. Levchenko, 2011. "The Evolution of Comparative Advantage: Measurement and Welfare Implications," 2011 Meeting Papers 302, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Andrei A. Levchenko & Jing Zhang, 2011. "The Evolution of Comparative Advantage: Measurement and Welfare Implications," NBER Working Papers 16806, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2006.
"Notes on CEPII’s distances measures,"
26469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thierry Mayer & Soledad Zignago, 2011. "Notes on CEPII’s distances measures: The GeoDist database," Working Papers 2011-25, CEPII research center.
- Sandra M. Leitner & Manuel Marcias & Daniel Mirza & Robert Stehrer & Roman Stöllinger, 2016. "The Future Development of EU Industry in a Global Context," wiiw Research Reports 409, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Benhabib, Jess & Spiegel, Mark M., 1994. "The role of human capital in economic development evidence from aggregate cross-country data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 143-173, October.
- Oldenski, Lindsay, 2012. "Export Versus FDI and the Communication of Complex Information," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 312-322.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & Kim J. Ruhl & Joseph B. Steinberg, 2018.
"Global Imbalances and Structural Change in the United States,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 126(2), pages 761-796.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & Kim J. Ruhl & Joe Steinberg, 2013. "Global imbalances and structural change in the United States," Staff Report 489, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & Kim J. Ruhl & Joseph B. Steinberg, 2015. "Global Imbalances and Structural Change in the United States," Working Papers 15-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Kim Ruhl & Joseph Steinberg & Timothy Kehoe, 2013. "Global Imbalances and Structural Change in the United States," 2013 Meeting Papers 1089, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & Kim J. Ruhl & Joseph B. Steinberg, 2013. "Global Imbalances and Structural Change in the United States," NBER Working Papers 19339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fagerberg, Jan & Mowery, David C. & Nelson, Richard R. (ed.), 2006. "The Oxford Handbook of Innovation," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199286805.
- Justin Caron & Thibault Fally & James R. Markusen, 2014. "International Trade Puzzles: A Solution Linking Production and Preferences," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 129(3), pages 1501-1552.
- Fulvio Castellacci, 2011. "Closing the Technology Gap?," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 180-197, February.
- A. Colin Cameron & Douglas L. Miller, 2015. "A Practitioner’s Guide to Cluster-Robust Inference," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 50(2), pages 317-372.
- Serge Shikher, 2012. "Putting industries into the Eaton--Kortum model," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(6), pages 807-837, November.
- Wi Saeng Kim & Esmeralda Lyn & Edward Zychowicz, 2003. "Is the Source of FDI Important to Emerging Market Economies? Evidence from Japanese and U.S. FDI," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 7(3-4), pages 107-130, September.
- Hanoch, Giora, 1975. "Production and Demand Models with Direct or Indirect Implicit Additivity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(3), pages 395-419, May.
- Davide Consoli & Francesco Vona & Francesco Rentocchini, 2016.
"That was then, this is now: skills and routinization in the 2000s,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 25(5), pages 847-866.
- Consoli,Davide & Vona,Francesco & Rentocchini,Francesco, 2014. "That was then, this is now: Skills and Routinization in the 2000s," INGENIO (CSIC-UPV) Working Paper Series 201306, INGENIO (CSIC-UPV).
- Davide Consoli & Francesco Rentocchini & Francesco Vona, 2014. "That was then, this is now: Skills and Routinization in the 2000s," Sciences Po publications 18, Sciences Po.
- Davide Consoli & Francesco Vona & Francesco Rentocchini, 2014. "That was then, this is now: Skills and Routinization in the 2000s," SPRU Working Paper Series 2014-18, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Igor Filatotchev & Xiaohui Liu & Trevor Buck & Mike Wright, 2009. "The export orientation and export performance of high-technology SMEs in emerging markets: The effects of knowledge transfer by returnee entrepreneurs," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(6), pages 1005-1021, August.
- Thibault Fally & Ana Cecilia Fieler & Justin Caron, 2017. "Home Market Effects on Innovation," 2017 Meeting Papers 609, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
Keywordssectoral TFP; tacit knowledge; technological catch-up;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- I25 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-INT-2018-01-22 (International Trade)
- NEP-KNM-2018-01-22 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-TID-2018-01-22 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wii:wpaper:139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Customer service). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/wiiwwat.html .