Notes on CEPII’s distances measures
We have calculated and made available different measures of bilateral distances (in kms) available for most countries across the world (225 countries in the current version of the database). For most of them, different calculations of “intra-national distances” are also available. There are two distinct files: a country-specific one (geo_cepii.xls or geo_cepii.dta) and a bilateral one (dist_cepii.xls or dist_cepii.dta), including the set of different distance variables and common dummy variables used in gravity equations to identify particular links between countries such as colonial past, common languages, contiguity. A common use of those files is the estimation of gravity equations describing bilateral trade flows. We try to improve upon the existing similar datasets in terms of geographical coverage, measurement and number of variables provided.
|Date of creation:||03 May 2006|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- de Sousa, J. & Mayer, T. & Zignago, S., 2011.
"Market access in global and regional trade,"
358, Banque de France.
- De Sousa, Jose & Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2011. "Market access in global and regional trade," MPRA Paper 35602, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- De Sousa, José & Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2012. "Market Access in Global and Regional Trade," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb) 1201, CEPREMAP.
- Thierry Mayer & Soledad Zignago, 2005. "Market Access in Global and Regional Trade," Working Papers 2005-02, CEPII research center.
- Soledad Zignago & Thierry Mayer, 2005. "Market Access in Global and Regional Trade," Sciences Po publications 2005-02, Sciences Po.
- de Sousa, José & Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2012. "Market Access in Global and Regional Trade," CEPR Discussion Papers 9085, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Melitz, Jacques, 2008.
"Language and foreign trade,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 667-699, May.
- Thierry Mayer & Soledad Zignago, 2011.
"Notes on CEPII’s distances measures: The GeoDist database,"
2011-25, CEPII research center.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:26469. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.