Shifting comparative advantage in Asia: new tests of the "flying geese" model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ballance, Robert H & Forstner, Helmut & Murray, Tracy, 1987. "Consistency Tests of Alternative Measures of Comparative Advantage," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(1), pages 157-161, February.
- Balassa, Bela, 1977. "'Revealed' Comparative Advantage Revisited: An Analysis of Relative Export Shares of the Industrial Countries, 1953-1971," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 45(4), pages 327-344, December.
- Balassa, Bela, 1979. "The Changing Pattern of Comparative Advantage in Manufactured Goods," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(2), pages 259-266, May.
- Kiichiro Fukasaku, 1992. "Economic Regionalisation and Intra-Industry Trade: Pacific-Asian Perspectives," OECD Development Centre Working Papers 53, OECD Publishing.
- Harry Bowen, 1985. "On measuring comparative advantage: A reply and extension," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 121(2), pages 351-354, June.
- John Dunning, 1981. "Explaining the international direct investment position of countries: Towards a dynamic or developmental approach," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 117(1), pages 30-64, March.
- Kojima, Kiyoshi, 1985. "The Allocation of Japanese Direct Foreign Investment and Its Evolution in Asia," Hitotsubashi Journal of Economics, Hitotsubashi University, vol. 26(2), pages 99-116, December.
- Grossman, Gene M, 1982. "Import Competition from Developed and Developing Countries," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(2), pages 271-281, May.
- Kosai, Yutaka & Van Tho, Tran, 1994. "Japan and industrialization in Asia -An essay in memory of Dr. Saburo Okita-," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 155-176.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ping HUA & YUE, 2001. "Does Comparative Advantage Explain Export Patterns in China?," Working Papers 200108, CERDI.
- Mohieddine Rahmouni & Murat Yildizoglu & Mohamed Ayadi, 2011. "Export Behaviour and Propensity to Innovate in a Developing Country: The Case of Tunisia," Working Papers halshs-00608239, HAL.
- Jože Damijan & Črt Kostevc & Matija Rojec, "undated". "FDI, structural change and productivity growth: global supply chains at work in Central and Eastern European countries," IRMO Occasional Papers 3, Institute for Development and International Relations, Zagreb.
- Lim, Steven & Feng, Gary, 2005. "Dynamic Comparative Advantage: Implications for China," Review of Applied Economics, Review of Applied Economics, vol. 1(2).
- Widodo, Tri, 2007. "“Flying Geese” Paradigm: Review, Analytical Tool and Application," MPRA Paper 78218, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jianqing, Ruan & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2010. "Do geese migrate domestically?: Evidence from the Chinese textile and apparel industry," IFPRI discussion papers 1040, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jože Damijan & Črt Kostevc & Matija Rojec, 2013.
"Global Supply Chains at Work in Central and Eastern European Countries: Impact of FDI on export restructuring and productivity growth,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
33213, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Jože Damijan & Črt Kostevc & Matija Rojec, 2013. "Global Supply Chains at Work in Central and Eastern European Countries:Impact of FDI on export restructuring and productivity growth," Working Papers VIVES Research Centre for Regional Economics 37, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, VIVES Research Centre for Regional Economics.
- Ruan, Jianqing & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2014. "“Flying geese” in China: The textile and apparel industry's pattern of migration," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 79-91.
- Ozawa, Terutomo, 2001. "The "hidden" side of the "flying-geese" catch-up model: Japan's dirigiste institutional setup and a deepening financial morass," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 471-491.
- Minghong Tan, 2015. "Urban Growth and Rural Transition in China Based on DMSP/OLS Nighttime Light Data," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(7), pages 1-14, July.
- Liu, John Jen-wei & Ray, Pradeep Kanta, 2012. "The ‘Triple-alliance’ perspective for new industry creation: Lessons from the flat panel industry in Taiwan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 585-599.
- Alemayehu Geda & Atnafu Meskel, 2008. "China and India's Growth Surge: Is it a curse or blessing for Africa? The Case of Manufactured Exports," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 20(2), pages 247-272.
- Yue, Changjun & Hua, Ping, 2002. "Does comparative advantage explains export patterns in China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 276-296.
- Emmanuel Olusegun Stober, 2014. "The Influence of Labor Intensive Export on China's Economy Growth," Working Papers 3, Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, Research Center in International Business and Economics (RCIBE).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:11:y:2000:i:4:p:443-463. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .