Happiness and health: two paradoxes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Maurizio Pugno, 2007. "The Subjective Well-being Paradox: A Suggested Solution Based on Relational Goods," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Happiness, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Unhappiness and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 648-659, May.
- Ng, Yew-Kwang, 1978. "Economic Growth and Social Welfare: The Need for a Complete Study of Happiness," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 575-587.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1997:87:9:1491-1498_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Kahneman & Alan B. Krueger, 2006. "Developments in the Measurement of Subjective Well-Being," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(1), pages 3-24, Winter.
- Andrew E. Clark & Paul Frijters & Michael A. Shields, 2006. "Income and happiness: Evidence, explanations and economic implications," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590436, HAL.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:7:1074-1080_3 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Silke Boenigk & Marcel Lee Mayr, 2016. "The Happiness of Giving: Evidence from the German Socioeconomic Panel That Happier People Are More Generous," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(5), pages 1825-1846, October.
- Angelo Antoci & Mauro Sodini & Luca Zarri, 2014.
"Relational consumption and nonlinear dynamics in an overlapping generations model,"
Decisions in Economics and Finance,
Springer;Associazione per la Matematica, vol. 37(1), pages 137-158, April.
- Angelo Antoci & Mauro Sodini & Luca Zarri, 2012. "Relational Consumption and Nonlinear Dynamics in an Overlapping Generations Model," Working Papers 13/2012, University of Verona, Department of Economics.
- Antoci, Angelo & Sodini, Mauro & Zarri, Luca, 2012. "Relational consumption and nonlinear dynamics in an overlapping generations model," AICCON Working Papers 103-2012, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Mariana De Santis & Ignacio Villagra Torcomian, 2014. "Condiciones económicas y capital social como determinantes de la salud y el bienestar subjetivo. El caso de Argentina durante 1995 y 2006," REVISTA CUADERNOS DE ECONOMÍA, UN - RCE - CID, August.
- Fulvio Castellacci & Vegard Tveito, 2016. "The Effects of ICTs on Well-being: A Survey and a Theoretical Framework," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20161004, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Sabatini, Fabio, 2014.
"The relationship between happiness and health: Evidence from Italy,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, pages 178-187.
- Sabatini, Fabio, 2011. "The relationship between happiness and health: evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 30948, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sabatini, F, 2011. "The relationship between happiness and health: evidence from Italy," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 11/07, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- repec:eee:respol:v:47:y:2018:i:1:p:308-325 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guardiola, Jorge & García-Quero, Fernando, 2014. "Buen Vivir (living well) in Ecuador: Community and environmental satisfaction without household material prosperity?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 177-184.
- Tavares, Aida Isabel, 2015. "Revisiting the inactivity - (un) happiness relationship, a cross-country exploratory analysis," MPRA Paper 67371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Katalin Martinás, 2012. "Greatest Happiness Principle in a Complex System Approach," Interdisciplinary Description of Complex Systems - scientific journal, Croatian Interdisciplinary Society Provider Homepage: http://indecs.eu, vol. 10(2), pages 88-102.
- repec:spr:jhappi:v:18:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s10902-016-9797-y is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordshappiness; health; happiness paradox; poverty; inequality; relational goods.;
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-HAP-2008-04-29 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-HEA-2008-04-29 (Health Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2008-04-29 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:usi:depfid:0108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo Zappia). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpsieit.html .