Is urban food demand in the Philippines different from China?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vardges Hovhannisyan & Brian W. Gould, 2014. "Structural change in urban Chinese food preferences," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(2), pages 159-166, March.
- Vardges Hovhannisyan & Brian W. Gould, 2011. "Quantifying the structure of food demand in China: An econometric approach," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 42, pages 1-18, November.
- Zhihao Zheng & Shida Rastegari Henneberry, 2011. "Household food demand by income category: evidence from household survey data in an urban chinese province," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(1), pages 99-113, Winter.
- Blundell, Richard, 1988. "Consumer Behaviour: Theory and Empirical Evidence--a Survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(389), pages 16-65, March.
- Maria Erlinda M. Mutuc & Suwen Pan & Roderick M. Rejesus, 2007.
"Household vegetable demand in the Philippines: Is there an urban-rural divide?,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 511-527.
- Mutuc, Maria Erlinda M. & Pan, Suwen & Rejesus, Roderick M., 2006. "Household Vegetable Demand in the Philippines: Is There an Urban-Rural Divide?," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35483, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Fujii, Tomoki, 2013.
"Impact of food inflation on poverty in the Philippines,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 13-27.
- Tomoki Fujii, 2011. "Impact of food inflation on poverty in the Philippines," Working Papers 14-2011, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Browning, Martin & Meghir, Costas, 1991. "The Effects of Male and Female Labor Supply on Commodity Demands," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 925-951, July.
- Fengxia Dong & Frank Fuller, 2010. "Dietary Structural Change in China's Cities: Empirical Fact or Urban Legend?," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 58(1), pages 73-91, March.
- Awudu Abdulai, 2002. "Household Demand for Food in Switzerland. A Quadratic Almost Ideal Demand System," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 138(I), pages 1-18, March.
- Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Valerio, Teresita E. & Red, Evangeline R. & Villavieja, Gracia M., 1988. "Flexible Functional Form Estimates of Philippine Demand Elasticities for Nutrition Policy Simulation," Working Papers WP 1988-13, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Zheng, Zhihao & Henneberry, Shida Rastegari, 2010. "The Impact of Changes in Income Distribution on Current and Future Food Demand in Urban China," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 1-21.
- Muellbauer, John, 1976. "Community Preferences and the Representative Consumer," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(5), pages 979-999, September.
- Arsenio M. Balisacan, 1994. "Demand for Food in the Philippines: Responses to Price and Income Changes," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 31(2), pages 137-163, December.
- Blundell, Richard & Robin, Jean Marc, 1999.
"Estimation in Large and Disaggregated Demand Systems: An Estimator for Conditionally Linear Systems,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(3), pages 209-232, May-June.
- R, Blundell & Jean-Marc Robin, 1997. "Estimation in Large and Dissagregated Demand Systems : An Estimator for Conditionally Linear Systems," Working Papers 97-08, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Richard Blundell & Jean-Marc Robin, 1999. "Estimation in large and disaggregated demand systems: an estimator for conditionally linear systems," Post-Print hal-00359353, HAL.
- Bouis, Howarth & Haddad, Lawrence & Kennedy, Eileen, 1992. "Does it matter how we survey demand for food?: Evidence from Kenya and the Philippines," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 349-360, October.
- Bouis, Howarth E., 1990. "Evaluating demand for calories for urban and rural populations in the Philippines: Implications for nutrition policy under economic recovery," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 281-299, February.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Brian W. Gould & Hector J. Villarreal, 2006. "An assessment of the current structure of food demand in urban China," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 34(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
More about this item
Keywordsdemand system; elasticity; generalized least-squares; iterated linear least-squares;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-11-22 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2014-11-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CNA-2014-11-22 (China)
- NEP-SEA-2014-11-22 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:siu:wpaper:18-2014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (QL THor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sesmusg.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.