What shapes local public transportation in Europe? Economics, Mobility, Institutions, and Geography
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Albalate, Daniel & Bel, Germà, 2010. "What shapes local public transportation in Europe? Economics, mobility, institutions, and geography," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(5), pages 775-790, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brueckner, Jan K. & Selod, Harris, 2006.
"The political economy of urban transport-system choice,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(6-7), pages 983-1005, August.
- Brueckner, Jan & Selod, Harris, 2004. "The Political Economy of Urban Transport System Choice," CEPR Discussion Papers 4682, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Antonio García-Ferrer & Marcos Bujosa & Aránzazu de Juan & Pilar Poncela, 2006. "Demand Forecast and Elasticities Estimation of Public Transport," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 40(1), pages 45-67, January.
- MacKinnon, James G. & White, Halbert & Davidson, Russell, 1983.
"Tests for model specification in the presence of alternative hypotheses : Some further results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 53-70, January.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1981. "Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses: Some Further Results," Working Papers 430, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Anna Matas, 2003. "Demand and revenue implications of an integrated public transport policy. The case of," Working Papers wpdea0304, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Carla Marchese, 2006. "The economic rationale for integrated tariffs in local public transport," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 40(4), pages 875-885, December.
- William Roy & Anne Yvrande-Billon, 2007. "Ownership, Contractual Practices and Technical Efficiency: The Case of Urban Public Transport in France," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 41(2), pages 257-282, May.
- Bruno De Borger & Kristiaan Kerstens & Álvaro Costa, 2002. "Public transit performance: What does one learn from frontier studies?," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-38, January.
- Javier Asensio, 2002. "Transport Mode Choice by Commuters to Barcelona's CBD," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(10), pages 1881-1895, September.
- Peran van Reeven, 2008. "Subsidisation of Urban Public Transport and the Mohring Effect," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 42(2), pages 349-359, May.
- Fernández L., J. Enrique & de Cea Ch., Joaquin & de Grange C., Louis, 2005. "Production costs, congestion, scope and scale economies in urban bus transportation corridors," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 383-403, June.
- Kremers, Hans & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 2002.
"A meta-analysis of price elasticities of transport demand in a general equilibrium framework,"
Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 463-485, May.
- Hans Kremers & Peter Nijkamp & Piet Rietveld, 2000. "A Meta-Analysis of Price Elasticities of Transport Demand in a General Equilibrium Framework," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 00-060/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Button, Kenneth, 2006. "The political economy of parking charges in "first" and "second-best" worlds," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 470-478, November.
- D Banister & S Watson & C Wood, 1997. "Sustainable cities: transport, energy, and urban form," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(1), pages 125-143, January.
- Joyce M. Dargay & Mark Hanly, 2002. "The Demand for Local Bus Services in England," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 36(1), pages 73-91, January.
- Enrique Fernández L., J. & de Cea Ch., Joaquin & Malbran, R. Henry, 2008. "Demand responsive urban public transport system design: Methodology and application," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 951-972, August.
- Sungyop Kim & Gudmundur Ulfarsson, 2008. "Curbing automobile use for sustainable transportation: analysis of mode choice on short home-based trips," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(6), pages 723-737, November.
- Paulley, Neil & Balcombe, Richard & Mackett, Roger & Titheridge, Helena & Preston, John & Wardman, Mark & Shires, Jeremy & White, Peter, 2006. "The demand for public transport: The effects of fares, quality of service, income and car ownership," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 295-306, July.
- Mehdi Farsi & Aurelio Fetz & Massimo Filippini, 2007.
"Economies of Scale and Scope in Local Public Transportation,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 41(3), pages 345-361, September.
- Mehdi Farsi & Aurelio Fetz & Massimo Filippini, 2006. "Economies of scale and scope in local public transportation," CEPE Working paper series 06-48, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Bresson, Georges & Dargay, Joyce & Madre, Jean-Loup & Pirotte, Alain, 2004. "Economic and structural determinants of the demand for public transport: an analysis on a panel of French urban areas using shrinkage estimators," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 269-285, May.
- Sasaki, Komei, 1990. "Income class, modal choice, and urban spatial structure," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 322-343, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Liddle, Brantley, 2013. "Urban Density and Climate Change: A STIRPAT Analysis using City-level Data," MPRA Paper 52089, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:trapol:v:58:y:2017:i:c:p:72-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tsekouras, Kostas & Chatzistamoulou, Nikos & Kounetas, Kostas & Broadstock, David C., 2016. "Spillovers, path dependence and the productive performance of European transportation sectors in the presence of technology heterogeneity," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 261-274.
- Tomaschek, Jan, 2015. "Marginal abatement cost curves for policy recommendation – A method for energy system analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 376-385.
- Lopes, Carlos Eduardo M. & Moita, Rodrigo Menon S., 2013. "Demanda por Meios de Transporte na Grande São Paulo: Uma Análise de Políticas Públicas," Insper Working Papers wpe_316, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis, 2015. "Study on the economic effects of the current VAT rules for passenger transport," Taxation Studies 0055, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Konstantakis, Konstantinos N. & Milioti, Christina & Karlaftis, Matthew G., 2015. "Modelling spillover effects of public transportation means: An intra-modal GVAR approach for Athens," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 1-18.
More about this item
KeywordsUrban transportation; Local government; Mobility; Institutions and Geography;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2010-02-20 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2010-02-20 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2010-02-20 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsc:rsceui:2009/34. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RSCAS web unit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rsiueit.html .