Linking soy oil demand from the US Renewable Fuel Standard to palm oil expansion through an analysis on vegetable oil price elasticities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Santeramo, Fabio Gaetano & Searle, Stephanie, 2019. "Linking soy oil demand from the US Renewable Fuel Standard to palm oil expansion through an analysis on vegetable oil price elasticities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 19-23.
References listed on IDEAS
- Labandeira, Xavier & Labeaga, José M. & López-Otero, Xiral, 2017.
"A meta-analysis on the price elasticity of energy demand,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 549-568.
- Xavier Labandeira & José M.aría Labeaga & Xiral López-Otero, 2015. "A meta-analysis on the price elasticity of energy demand," Working Papers 04-2015, Economics for Energy.
- Marc Nerlove, 1979.
"The Dynamics of Supply: Retrospect and Prospect,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 61(5), pages 874-888.
- Nerlove, Marc, 1979. "The Dynamics Of Supply: Retrospect And Prospect," 1979 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, Pullman, Washington 277829, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Marc Nerlove, 1979. "The Dynamics of Supply: Retrospect and Prospect," Discussion Papers 394, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kojima, Yasutomo & Parcell, Joe & Cain, Jewelwayne, 2016. "A Global Demand Analysis of Vegetable Oils for Food and Industrial Use: A Cross-Country Panel Data Analysis with Spatial Econometrics," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235744, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Dahl, Carol & Duggan, Thomas E., 1996. "U.S. energy product supply elasticities: A survey and application to the U.S. oil market," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 243-263, October.
- Nerlove, Marc, 1972. "Lags in Economic Behavior," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(2), pages 221-251, March.
- Imbens, Guido W., 2014.
"Instrumental Variables: An Econometrician's Perspective,"
IZA Discussion Papers
8048, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Guido Imbens, 2014. "Instrumental Variables: An Econometrician's Perspective," NBER Working Papers 19983, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Walter C. Labys, 1977. "Multicommodity substitution patterns in the international fats and oils market," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 4(1), pages 75-84.
- Chen, Xiaoguang & Önal, Hayri, 2016. "Renewable energy policies and competition for biomass: Implications for land use, food prices, and processing industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 270-278.
- Gohin, A. & Chantret, F., 2010. "The long-run impact of energy prices on world agricultural markets: The role of macro-economic linkages," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 333-339, January.
- E. W. Goddard & S. Glance, 1989. "Demand for Fats and Oils in Canada, United States and Japan," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 37(3), pages 421-443, November.
- Michael J. Roberts & Wolfram Schlenker, 2013.
"Identifying Supply and Demand Elasticities of Agricultural Commodities: Implications for the US Ethanol Mandate,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(6), pages 2265-2295, October.
- Michael J. Roberts & Wolfram Schlenker, 2010. "Identifying Supply and Demand Elasticities of Agricultural Commodities: Implications for the US Ethanol Mandate," NBER Working Papers 15921, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sorda, Giovanni & Banse, Martin & Kemfert, Claudia, 2010. "An overview of biofuel policies across the world," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(11), pages 6977-6988, November.
- Fabio Santeramo, 2015. "A cursory review of the identification strategies," Agricultural and Food Economics, Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-8, December.
- Cui, Jingbo & Martin, Jeremy I., 2017. "Impacts of US biodiesel mandates on world vegetable oil markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 148-160.
- Steven T. Yen & Wen S. Chern, 1992. "Flexible Demand Systems with Serially Correlated Errors: Fat and Oil Consumption in the United States," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 74(3), pages 689-697.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fabio Gaetano Santeramo & Emilia Lamonaca & Marco Tappi & Leonardo Di Gioia, 2019. "Considerations on the Environmental and Social Sustainability of Animal-Based Policies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-12, April.
More about this item
KeywordsBiofuel; Price elasticity; Oils market; SURE;
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- P28 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Natural Resources; Environment
- Q21 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- Q41 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-12-10 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2018-12-10 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2018-12-10 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-REG-2018-12-10 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:90248. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.