State Control and the Effects of Foreign Relations on Bilateral Trade
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Davis, Christina & Fuchs, Andreas & Johnson , Kristina, 2014. "State Control and the Effects of Foreign Relations on Bilateral Trade," Working Papers 0576, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Capobianco & Hans Christiansen, 2011. "Competitive Neutrality and State-Owned Enterprises: Challenges and Policy Options," OECD Corporate Governance Working Papers 1, OECD Publishing.
- Andrew G. Long & Brett Ashley Leeds, 2006. "Trading for Security: Military Alliances and Economic Agreements," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 43(4), pages 433-451, July.
- Toke S. Aidt & Martin Gassebner, 2010.
"Do Autocratic States Trade Less?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 24(1), pages 38-76, January.
- Toke S. Aidt & Martin Gassebner, 2007. "Do Autocratic States Trade Less?," KOF Working papers 07-175, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Aidt, T.S. & Gassebner, M., 2007. "Do Autocratic States Trade Less?," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0742, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Przemyslaw Kowalski & Max Büge & Monika Sztajerowska & Matias Egeland, 2013. "State-Owned Enterprises: Trade Effects and Policy Implications," OECD Trade Policy Papers 147, OECD Publishing.
- Brett Leeds & Jeffrey Ritter & Sara Mitchell & Andrew Long, 2002. "Alliance Treaty Obligations and Provisions, 1815-1944," International Interactions, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 237-260, July.
- Paul H. Malatesta & Kathryn L. DeWenter, 2001. "State-Owned and Privately Owned Firms: An Empirical Analysis of Profitability, Leverage, and Labor Intensity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(1), pages 320-334, March.
- Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2006.
"Notes on CEPII’s distances measures,"
26469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thierry Mayer & Soledad Zignago, 2011. "Notes on CEPII’s distances measures: The GeoDist database," Working Papers 2011-25, CEPII research center.
- Steinfeld,Edward S., 2000. "Forging Reform in China," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521778619.
- Solomon William Polachek, 1980. "Conflict and Trade," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 24(1), pages 55-78, March.
- Aisbett, Emma & McAusland, Carol, 2013.
"Firm characteristics and influence on government rule-making: Theory and evidence,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 214-235.
- Emma Aisbett & Carol McAusland, 2011. "Firm Characteristics and Influence on Government Rule-Making: theory and evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 649, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2007.
"The Foreign Service and Foreign Trade: Embassies as Export Promotion,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 22-38, January.
- Rose, Andrew K, 2005. "The Foreign Service and Foreign Trade: Embassies as Export Promotion," CEPR Discussion Papers 4953, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrew K. Rose, 2005. "The Foreign Service and Foreign Trade: Embassies as Export Promotion," NBER Working Papers 11111, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joachim Jarreau & Sandra Poncet, 2014.
"Credit constraints, firm ownership and the structure of exports in China,"
CEPII research center, issue 139, pages 152-173.
- Joachim Jarreau & Sandra Poncet, 2014. "Credit constraints, firm ownership and the structure of exports in China," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01162229, HAL.
- Stephen G. Brooks, 2007. "Introduction to Producing Security: Multinational Corporations, Globalization, and the Changing Calculus of Conflict," Introductory Chapters,in: Producing Security: Multinational Corporations, Globalization, and the Changing Calculus of Conflict Princeton University Press.
- Raymond Fisman & Yasushi Hamao & Yongxiang Wang, 2014.
"Nationalism and Economic Exchange: Evidence from Shocks to Sino-Japanese Relations,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 27(9), pages 2626-2660.
- Raymond Fisman & Yasushi Hamao & Yongxiang Wang, 2014. "Nationalism and Economic Exchange: Evidence from Shocks to Sino-Japanese Relations," NBER Working Papers 20089, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:cii:cepiei:2014-q3-139-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Volker Nitsch, 2007. "State Visits and International Trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(12), pages 1797-1816, December.
- Li, Hongbin & Meng, Lingsheng & Wang, Qian & Zhou, Li-An, 2008. "Political connections, financing and firm performance: Evidence from Chinese private firms," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 283-299, October.
- repec:wly:amposc:v:55:y:2011:i:3:p:628-646 is not listed on IDEAS
- Scott L. Kastner, 2007. "When Do Conflicting Political Relations Affect International Trade?," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 51(4), pages 664-688, August.
- Hong Canhui & Hu Wei-Min & Prieger James E. & Zhu Dongming, 2011. "French Automobiles and the Chinese Boycotts of 2008: Politics Really Does Affect Commerce," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-38, May.
- Lu, Zhengfei & Zhu, Jigao & Zhang, Weining, 2012. "Bank discrimination, holding bank ownership, and economic consequences: Evidence from China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 341-354.
- Daniel Berger & William Easterly & Nathan Nunn & Shanker Satyanath, 2013.
"Commercial Imperialism? Political Influence and Trade during the Cold War,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(2), pages 863-896, April.
- Daniel Berger & William Easterly & Nathan Nunn & Shanker Satyanath, 2010. "Commercial Imperialism? Political Influence and Trade During the Cold War," NBER Working Papers 15981, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Berger, Daniel & Easterly, William & Nunn, Nathan & Satyanath, Shanker, 2013. "Commercial Imperialism? Political Influence and Trade during the Cold War," Scholarly Articles 11986334, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:106:y:2012:i:01:p:166-187_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- James D. Morrow, 1999. "How Could Trade Affect Conflict?," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 36(4), pages 481-489, July.
- Zhong-qin Su & Hung-gay Fung & Jot Yau, 2013. "Political connections and corporate overinvestment: evidence from China," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(4), pages 285-296, October.
- Cornelia Woll & Ben Clift, 2012. "Economic Patriotism: Reinventing Control Over Open Markets," Post-Print hal-02186557, HAL.
- Gary Clyde Hufbauer & Jeffrey J. Schott & Kimberly Ann Elliott, 1990. "Economic Sanctions Reconsidered: 2nd Edition," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 82, January.
- Daniel Yuichi Kono & Stephanie J. Rickard, 2014. "Buying National: Democracy, Public Procurement, and International Trade," International Interactions, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(5), pages 657-682, October.
- Gartzke, Erik & Li, Quan & Boehmer, Charles, 2001. "Investing in the Peace: Economic Interdependence and International Conflict," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 55(02), pages 391-438, March.
- Wei, Shang-Jin & Wang, Tao, 1997. "The siamese twins: Do state-owned banks favor state-owned enterprises in China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 19-29.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dreher, Axel & Fuchs, Andreas & Parks, Bradley & Strange, Austin M. & Tierney, Michael J., 2016. "Apples and Dragon Fruits: The Determinants of Aid and Other Forms of State Financing from China to Africa," Working Papers 0620, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Sophie Meunier, 2014. "A Faustian bargain or just a good bargain? Chinese foreign direct investment and politics in Europe," Asia Europe Journal, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 143-158, March.
- Hinz, Julian & Leromain, Elsa, 2017.
"Critically important: The heterogeneous effect of politics on trade,"
Kiel Working Papers
2092, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Julian Hinz & Elsa Leromain, 2018. "Critically important: The heterogeneous effect of politics on trade," RSCAS Working Papers 2018/68, European University Institute.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:9:p:1958-1988 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:inecon:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:211-225 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roberto CARDINALE, 2017. "The Political-Economy Implications of the Transition from State-Owned to Mixed-Owned Enterprises: Evidence from the European Gas Sector," Departmental Working Papers 2017-10, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Abdessalem Abassi & Lota Dabio Tamini, 2016. "Trade performance and potential of North African countries: An application of a stochastic frontier gravity model," Cahiers de recherche CREATE 2016-4, CREATE.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational trade; Diplomatic tensions; State-owned enterprises; Firm ownership; Event data; UN voting; China; India;
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- P26 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Political Economy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:74597. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.