The siamese twins: Do state-owned banks favor state-owned enterprises in China?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yingyi Qian & Chenggang Xu, 1993.
"Why China's economic reforms differ: the M-form hierarchy and entry/expansion of the non-state sector,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 1(2), pages 135-170, June.
- Yingyi Qian & Chenggang Xu, 1993. "Why Chinas Economic Reforms Differ: The M-Form Hierarchy and Entry/Expansion of the Non-State Sector," CEP Discussion Papers dp0154, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Sachs, J.D. & Woo, W.T., 1994. "Structural Factors in the Economic Reforms of China, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union," Papers 94-01, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1993. "Love and hate: state and non-state firms in transition economies," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 93-10, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jefferson, Gary H & Rawski, Thomas G & Yuxin, Zheng, 1992. "Growth, Efficiency, and Convergence in China's State and Collective Industry," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 239-266, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andersson, Fredrik N.G. & Burzynska, Katarzyna & Opper, Sonja, 2014. "Lending for Growth? A Granger Causality Analysis of China's Finance-Growth Nexus," Knut Wicksell Working Paper Series 2014/6, Lund University, Knut Wicksell Centre for Financial Studies.
- Giovanni Ferri, 2008. "Banking In China: Are New Tigers Supplanting the Mammoths?," Working Papers 052008, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Iftekhar Hasan & Nada Kobeissi & Haizhi Wang & Mingming Zhou, 2015.
"Banking Structure, Marketization, and Small Business Development: Regional Evidence From China,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 487-510, August.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Kobeissi, Nada & Wang, Haizhi & Zhou, Mingming, 2015. "Banking structure, marketization and small business development: Regional evidence from China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 11/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- He, Qichun, 2011. "Home-bias Politics, Financial Deregulation and Economic Growth: A Causal Relationship," MPRA Paper 34482, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Lixing, 2008. "Employment burden, government ownership and soft budget constraints: Evidence from a Chinese enterprise survey," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 215-229, June.
- Lu, Jiangyong & Tao, Zhigang, 2010.
"Determinants of entrepreneurial activities in China,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 261-273, May.
- Lu, Jiangyong & Tao, Zhigang, 2007. "Determinants of Entrepreneurial Activities in China," MPRA Paper 5675, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Podpiera, 2006. "Progress in China’s Banking Sector Reform; Has Bank Behavior Changed?," IMF Working Papers 06/71, International Monetary Fund.
- Davis, Christina & Fuchs, Andreas & Johnson , Kristina, 2014.
"State Control and the Effects of Foreign Relations on Bilateral Trade,"
0576, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Davis, Christina L. & Fuchs, Andreas & Johnson, Kristina, 2016. "State Control and the Effects of Foreign Relations on Bilateral Trade," MPRA Paper 74597, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Albert & C. Jude & C. Rebillard, 2015. "The Long Landing Scenario: Rebalancing from Overinvestment and Excessive Credit Growth. Implications for Potential Growth in China," Working papers 572, Banque de France.
- Liu, Chunyan & Uchida, Konari & Yang, Yufeng, 2014. "Controlling shareholder, split-share structure reform and cash dividend payments in China," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 339-357.
- Tomas Hellebrandt & Jacob Funk Kirkegaard & Robert Z. Lawrence & Paolo Mauro & Silvia Merler & Sean Miner & Jeffrey J. Schott & Nicolas Veron, 2015. "China's Economic Transformation: Lessons, Impact, and the Path Forward," PIIE Briefings PIIEB15-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Phillips, Kerk L. & Kunrong, Shen, 2005.
"What effect does the size of the state-owned sector have on regional growth in China?,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, pages 1079-1102.
- Kerk L. Phillips & Shen Kunrong, 2003. "What Effect does the Size of the State-Owned Sector Have on Regional Growth in China?," Development and Comp Systems 0304006, EconWPA.
- Ferri, Giovanni, 2009. "Are New Tigers supplanting Old Mammoths in China's banking system? Evidence from a sample of city commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 131-140, January.
- Lin, Faqin & Hu, Cui & Fuchs, Andreas, 2016. "How Do Firms Respond to Political Tensions? The Heterogeneity of the Dalai Lama Effect on Trade," Working Papers 0628, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Ma, Ming & Sun, Xian & Waisman, Maya & Zhu, Yun, 2016. "State ownership and market liberalization: Evidence from China's domestic M&A market," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 205-223.
- Joachim Jarreau & Sandra Poncet, 2014.
"Credit constraints, firm ownership and the structure of exports in China,"
CEPII research center, issue 139, pages 152-173.
- Joachim Jarreau & Sandra Poncet, 2014. "Credit constraints, firm ownership and the structure of exports in China," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01162229, HAL.
- repec:bof:bofitp:urn:nbn:fi:bof-201504131154 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:serxxx:v:62:y:2017:i:01:n:s0217590816500247 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mukim,Megha & Zhu,Tingting Juni, 2015. "Empowering cities : good for growth ? evidence from China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7193, The World Bank.
- Fredrik N. G. Andersson & Katarzyna Burzynska & Sonja Opper, 2016. "Lending for growth? A Granger causality analysis of China’s finance–growth nexus," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 897-920, November.
- Li, Xiaoming, 2000. "Reforming China's financial system and monetary policies: a sovereign remedy for locally initiated investment expansion?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 423-443, August.
- Andersson, Fredrik N. G. & Burzynska, Katarzyna & Opper, Sonja, 2013. "Lending for Growth? An Analysis of State-Owned Banks in China," Working Papers 2013:19, Lund University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:chieco:v:8:y:1997:i:1:p:19-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/chieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.