Stagflationary effect of government bond financing in the transforming Chinese economy: a general equilibrium analysis
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Prescott, Edward C & Boyd, John H, 1987. "Dynamic Coalitions: Engines of Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(2), pages 63-67, May.
- Michael Dotsey, 1996. "Some not-so-unpleasant monetarist arithmetic," Economic Quarterly, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Fall, pages 73-91.
- Feltenstein, Andrew & Farhadian, Ziba, 1987. "Fiscal Policy, Monetary Targets, and the Price Level in a Centrally Planned Economy: An Application to the Case of China," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(2), pages 137-56, May.
- Theodore Palivos & Chong K. Yip, 1995.
"Government Expenditure Financing in an Endogenous Growth Model: A Comparison,"
Departmental Working Papers
_057, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Palivos, Theodore & Yip, Chong K, 1995. "Government Expenditure Financing in an Endogenous Growth Model: A Comparison," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 27(4), pages 1159-78, November.
- Theodore Palivos & Chong K. Yip, 1994. "Government expenditure financing in an endogenous growth model: a comparison," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 94-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- M Weitzman & Cheng-Gang Xu, 1993.
"Chinese township village enterprises as vaguely defined cooperations,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
3754, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Weitzman Martin L. & Xu Chenggang, 1994. "Chinese Township-Village Enterprises as Vaguely Defined Cooperatives," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 121-145, April.
- M Weitzman & Chenggang Xu, 1993. "Chinese Township Village Enterprises as Vaguely Defined Cooperations," CEP Discussion Papers dp0155, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bennett, John & Dixon, Huw David, 1996.
"A Macrotheoretic Model of the Chinese Economy,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 277-294, June.
- Papadia, Francesco & Rossi, Salvatore, 1990. "More on monetarist arithmetic," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 145-154, March.
- Thomas J. Sargent & Neil Wallace, 1981. "Some unpleasant monetarist arithmetic," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall.
- Shahid Yusuf, 1994. "China's Macroeconomic Performance and Management during Transition," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 71-92, Spring.
- Bencivenga, Valerie R & Smith, Bruce D, 1992.
"Deficits, Inflation, and the Banking System in Developing Countries: The Optimal Degree of Financial Repression,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 44(4), pages 767-90, October.
- Bencivenga, V.R. & Smith, B.D., 1990. "Deficits, Inflation, And The Banking System In Developing Countries: The Optimal Degree Of Financial Repression," RCER Working Papers 214, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Dixon, Huw David, 1993.
"Macroeconomic Equilibrium and Reform in a Transitional Economy,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
758, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bennett, John & Dixon, Huw David, 1995. "Macroeconomic equilibrium and reform in a transitional economy," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(8), pages 1465-1485, October.
- Paul M Romer, 1999.
"Increasing Returns and Long-Run Growth,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
2232, David K. Levine.
- Bruce Smith & J. Bhattacharya & Mark Guzman, 1998.
"Some Even More Unpleasant Monetarist Arithmetic,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 31(3), pages 596-623, August.
- van der Ploeg, Frederick & Alogoskoufis, George S, 1994. "Money and Endogenous Growth," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 771-91, November.
- Byrd, William A., 1989. "Plan and market in the Chinese economy: A simple general equilibrium model," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 177-204, June.
- Naughton, Barry, 1991. "Why Has Economic Reform Led to Inflation?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 207-11, May.
- Gary H. Jefferson & Thomas G. Rawski, 1994. "Enterprise Reform in Chinese Industry," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 47-70, Spring.
- Ronald I. McKinnon, 1991. "Financial Control in the Transition from Classical Socialism to a Market Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 107-122, Fall.
- Yingyi Qian & Chenggang Xu, 1993.
"Why China's economic reforms differ: the M-form hierarchy and entry/expansion of the non-state sector,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 1(2), pages 135-170, 06.
- Yingyi Qian & Chenggang Xu, 1993. "Why Chinas Economic Reforms Differ: The M-Form Hierarchy and Entry/Expansion of the Non-State Sector," CEP Discussion Papers dp0154, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- McMillan, John & Naughton, Barry, 1992. "How to Reform a Planned Economy: Lessons from China," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 130-43, Spring.
- Turnovsky, Stephen J, 1992. "Alternative Forms of Government Expenditure Financing: A Comparative Welfare Analysis," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 59(234), pages 235-52, May.
- Jefferson, Gary H & Rawski, Thomas G & Yuxin, Zheng, 1992. "Growth, Efficiency, and Convergence in China's State and Collective Industry," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(2), pages 239-66, January.
- Zou, Liang & Sun, Laixiang, 1996. "Interest Rate Policy and Incentives of State-Owned Enterprises in the Transitional China," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 292-318, December.
- McGuckin, Robert H & Nguyen, Sang V, 1993. "Post-reform Industrial Productivity Performance of China: New Evidence from the 1985 Industrial Census Data," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(3), pages 323-41, July.
- McKinnon Ronald I., 1994. "Financial Growth and Macroeconomic Stability in China, 1978-1992: Implications for Russia and Other Transitional Economies," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 438-469, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:61:y:2000:i:1:p:111-135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.