Report NEP-POL-2016-10-30This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Carlos Sanz, 2016. "The effect of electoral systems on voter turnout: evidence from a natural experiment," Working Papers 1623, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Jean-François Laslier & Karine Van Der Straeten, 2015. "Strategic Voting under Committee Approval: A Theory," Working Papers halshs-01168767, HAL.
- Romain Lachat & Jean-François Laslier & Karine Van Der Straeten, 2015. "Strategic Voting under Committee Approval: An Application to the 2011 Regional Government Election in Zurich," Working Papers halshs-01168743, HAL.
- Christian Dustman & Kristine Vasiljeva & Anna Piil Damm, 2016. "Refugee Migration and Electoral Outcomes," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1619, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Jorge Gallego, 2016. "Civil Conflict and Voting Behavior: Evidence," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 015162, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- MORITA Tadashi & SATO Yasuhiro & YAMAMOTO Kazuhiro, 2016. "Demographics and Tax Competition in Political Economy," Discussion papers 16091, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Jean-François Laslier, 2015. "Heuristic voting under the Alternative Vote: the efficiency of “sour grapes" behavior," Working Papers halshs-01168670, HAL.
- Damien Bol & André Blais & Jean-François Laslier & Antonin Macé, 2015. "Electoral System and Number of Candidates: Candidate Entry under Plurality and Majority Runoff," Working Papers halshs-01168722, HAL.
- Chrysanthou, Georgios Marios & Guilló, María Dolores, 2016. "The Dynamics of Heterogeneous Political Party Support and Egocentric Economic Evaluations: the Scottish Case," QM&ET Working Papers 16-3, University of Alicante, D. Quantitative Methods and Economic Theory.
- Ozlem Akin & Nicholas S. Coleman & Christian Fons-Rosen & José-Luis Peydró, 2016. "Political Connections: Evidence From Insider Trading Around TARP," Working Papers 935, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Davis, Christina L. & Fuchs, Andreas & Johnson, Kristina, 2016. "State Control and the Effects of Foreign Relations on Bilateral Trade," MPRA Paper 74597, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Benjamin Michallet & Giuseppe Gaeta & François Facchini, 2015. "Greening up or not? The determinants of political parties' environmental concern: an empirical analysis based on European data (1970-2008)," Working Papers halshs-01154006, HAL.
- Fałkowski, Jan, 2016. "Promoting change or preserving the status quo? - the consequences of dominating local politics by agricultural interests. Some evidence on structural change in Poland during the transition period," 149th Seminar, October 27-28, 2016, Rennes, France 245115, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Ieva Skarda, 2016. "The Political Economy of Foreign Aid Effectiveness," Discussion Papers 16/12, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Martín Rossi, 2016. "Self-Perpetuation of Political Power: Evidence from a Natural Experiment in Argentina," Working Papers 127, Universidad de San Andres, Departamento de Economia, revised Aug 2016.