Balance Estructural del Gobierno Central. Metodología y Estimaciones para Chile
[Structural Bazlance of Central Government. Methodology and estimates for Chile]
In 2001, Chile was one of the first countries in the world to adopt a structural balance fiscal rule. This paper provides the foundations of the choice of the rule, its methodological design and its initial estimates for the period 1987-2000. The paper also includes a discussion about the use of the structural budget balance for the ex-ante analysis of fiscal policy as compared to the formulation of fiscal policy.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2001|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Robert J. Barro, 1989.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
NBER Working Papers
3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrice Muller & Robert W.R. Price, 1984. "Structural Budget Deficits and Fiscal Stance," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 15, OECD Publishing.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:106:y:1991:i:2:p:407-43 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martner Fanta, Ricardo, 1996. "Indicadores de la política fiscal: diseño y aplicaciones para Chile," Revista CEPAL, United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC), April.
- Claude Giorno & Pete Richardson & Deborah Roseveare & Paul van den Noord, 1995. "Estimating Potential Output, Output Gaps and Structural Budget Balances," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 152, OECD Publishing.
- David J. Ott & Attiat F. Ott, 1965. "Budget Balance And Equilibrium Income," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 20(1), pages 71-77, 03.
- Jocelyn Horne, 1991. "Indicators of Fiscal Sustainability," IMF Working Papers 91/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert P. Hagemann, 1999. "The Structural Budget Balance The IMFâ€™s Methodology," IMF Working Papers 99/95, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:oup:qjecon:v:106:y:1991:i:2:p:407-43 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.