Comparative performance of foreign affiliates and domestic firms in the Indian machinery industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Homaifar, Ghassem A. & Zietz, Joachim & Benkato, Omar, 1998. "Determinants of Capital Structure for Multinational and Domestic Corporations," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 51(2), pages 189-210.
- Wiwattanakantang, Yupana, 2001.
"Controlling shareholders and corporate value: Evidence from Thailand,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 323-362, August.
- Wiwattanakantang, Yupana, 2001. "Controlling Shareholders and Corporate Value: Evidence from Thailand," CEI Working Paper Series 2001-4, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1991. "Mode of rivalry and comparative behaviour of multinational and local enterprises : The case of Indian manufacturing," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 381-392, April.
- George Anastassopoulos, 2003. "MNE subsidiaries versus domestic enterprises: an analysis of their ownership and location-specific advantages," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(13), pages 1505-1514.
- Mittoo, Usha R. & Zhang, Zhou, 2008. "The capital structure of multinational corporations: Canadian versus U.S. evidence," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 706-720, December.
- Singh, Kuljot & Hodder, James E., 2000. "Multinational capital structure and financial flexibility," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 853-884, December.
- Walter Kuemmerle, 1999. "The Drivers of Foreign Direct Investment into Research and Development: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Ramstetter, Eric D., 2004. "Labor productivity, wages, nationality, and foreign ownership shares in Thai manufacturing, 1996-2000," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 861-884, January.
- Richard Kneller & Mauro Pisu, 2007. "Industrial Linkages and Export Spillovers from FDI," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 105-134, January.
- Rajah Rasiah & Asokkumar Malakolunthu, 2009. "Technological intensities and economic performance: a study of foreign and local electronics firms in Malaysia," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 181-197, April.
- Bernhard Dachs & Bernd Ebersberger & Hans Lööf, 2008.
"The innovative performance of foreign-owned enterprises in small open economies,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 393-406, August.
- Dachs, Bernhard & Ebersberger, Bernd & Lööf, Hans, 2007. "The Innovative Performance of Foreign-owned Enterprises in Small Open Economies," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 87, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Greenaway, David & Guariglia, Alessandra & Kneller, Richard, 2007. "Financial factors and exporting decisions," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 377-395, November.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Fredrik Sjoholm, 1999.
"Technology gap, competition and spillovers from direct foreign investment: Evidence from establishment data,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 53-73.
- Sjöholm, Fredrik, 1997. "Technology Gap, Competition and Spillovers from Direct Foreign Investment: Evidence from Establishment Data," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 212, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Correa, Paulo & Dayoub, Mariam & Francisco, Manuela, 2007. "Identifying supply-side constraints to export performance in Ecuador : an exercise with Investment Climate Survey data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4179, The World Bank.
- Phan Minh Ngoc & Eric D. Ramstetter, 2004. "Foreign Multinationals and Local Firms in Vietnam's Economic Transition," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 18(4), pages 371-404, December.
- Christian Bellak, 2004.
"How Domestic and Foreign Firms Differ and Why Does it Matter?,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(4), pages 483-514, September.
- Bellak, Christian, 2004. "How Domestic and Foreign Firms Differ and Why Does It Matter?," Department of Economics Working Paper Series 87, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Christian Bellak, 2004. "How Domestic and Foreign Firms Differ and Why Does It Matter?," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp087, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Pfaffermayr, Michael & Bellak, Christian, 2000.
"Why Foreign-Owned Firms are Different: A Conceptual Framework and Empirical Evidence for Austria,"
Discussion Paper Series
26372, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Pfaffermayr, Michael & Bellak, Christian, 2000. "Why foreign-owned firms are different: A conceptual framework and empirical evidence for Austria," HWWA Discussion Papers 115, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Doukas, John A. & Pantzalis, Christos, 2003. "Geographic diversification and agency costs of debt of multinational firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 59-92, January.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2009. "Profits in the Long Run," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521101592, September.
- Camilla Jensen, 2002. "Foreign direct investment, industrial restructuring and the upgrading of Polish exports," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 207-217.
- Basant, Rakesh, 1997. "Technology strategies of large enterprises in Indian industry: Some explorations," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1683-1700, October.
- Wignaraja, Ganeshan, 2008. "Foreign ownership, technological capabilities and clothing exports in Sri Lanka," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 29-39, February.
- Chkir, Imed Eddine & Cosset, Jean-Claude, 2001. "Diversification strategy and capital structure of multinational corporations," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 17-37, February.
- Todd A Burgman, 1996. "An Empirical Examination of Multinational Corporate Capital Structure," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(3), pages 553-570, September.
- Charles J P Chen & C S Agnes Cheng & Jia He & Jawon kim, 1997. "An Investigation of the Relationship between International Activities and Capital Structure," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 28(3), pages 563-577, September.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1978. "Transnationals, Domestic Enterprises, and Industrial Structure in Host LDCs: A Survey," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 217-248, July.
- Menon, Jayant, 1998. "Total factor productivity growth in foreign and domestic firms in Malaysian manufacturing," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 251-280.
- Eric Ramstetter, 1999. "Trade Propensities and Foreign Ownership Shares in Indonesian Manufacturing," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 43-66.
- Sanjaya Lall, 1979. "Multinationals and market structure in an open developing economy: The case of Malaysia," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 115(2), pages 325-350, June.
- Kwang Chul Lee & Chuck C Y Kwok, 1988. "Multinational Corporations vs. Domestic Corporations: International Environmental Factors and Determinants of Capital Structure," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(2), pages 195-217, June.
- Sizhong Sun, 2009. "How Does FDI Affect Domestic Firms’ Exports? Industrial Evidence," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(8), pages 1203-1222, August.
- Patibandla, Murali & Sanyal, Amal, 2005. "Foreign Investment and Productivity: A Study of Post-reform Indian Industry," Review of Applied Economics, Lincoln University, Department of Financial and Business Systems, vol. 1(1), pages 1-17, June.
- Isabelle Huault & V. Perret & S. Charreire-Petit, 2007. "Management," Post-Print halshs-00337676, HAL.
- Takii, Sadayuki, 2004. "Productivity Differentials Between Local and Foreign Plants in Indonesian Manufacturing, 1995," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1957-1969, November.
- Rajah Rasiah & Geoffrey Gachino, 2005.
"Are Foreign Firms More Productive and Export- and Technology-intensive than Local Firms in Kenyan Manufacturing?,"
Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(2), pages 211-227.
- Rasiah, Rajah & Gachino, Geoffrey, 2004. "Are Foreign Firms More Productive, and Export and Technology Intensive, than Local Firms in Kenyan Manufacturing?," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 2004-10, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Chengqi Wang & Li Yu, 2007. "Do spillover benefits grow with rising foreign direct investment? An empirical examination of the case of China," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(3), pages 397-405.
- Nayyar, Deepak, 1978. "Transnational Corporations and Manufactured Exports from Poor Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 88(349), pages 59-84, March.
- Talaat Abdel-Malek, 1974. "Foreign Ownership and Export Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 5(2), pages 1-14, June.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1984. "Capital structure puzzle," Working papers 1548-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Chhibber, Pradeep K & Majumdar, Sumit K, 1999. "Foreign Ownership and Profitability: Property Rights, Control, and the Performance of Firms in Indian Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(1), pages 209-238, April.
- Myers, Stewart C, 1984. "The Capital Structure Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 39(3), pages 575-592, July.
- George Anastassopoulos, 2004. "Profitability differences between MNE subsidiaries and domestic firms: The case of the food industry in Greece," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 45-60.
- NS Siddharthan & Stanley Nollen, 2004. "MNE Affiliation, Firm Size and Exports Revisited: A Study of Information Technology Firms in India," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(6), pages 146-168.
- Natália Barbosa & Helen Louri, 2005.
"Corporate Performance: Does Ownership Matter? A Comparison of Foreign- and Domestic-Owned Firms in Greece and Portugal,"
Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 27(1), pages 73-102, August.
- Natália Barbosa & Helen Louri, 2003. "Corporate performance: does ownership matter? A comparison of foreign - and domestic - owned firms in Greece and Portugal," NIMA Working Papers 26, Núcleo de Investigação em Microeconomia Aplicada (NIMA), Universidade do Minho.
- Hung-Gay Fung & Gerald Yong Gao & Jingyong Lu & Haim Mano, 2008. "Impact of Competitive Position on Export Propensity and Intensity: An Empirical Study of Manufacturing Firms in China," Chinese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 51-67, September.
- Stewart C. Myers, 1984. "Capital Structure Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 1393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pradhan, Jaya Prakash, 2003. "Liberalization, Firm Size and R&D performance: A Firm Level Study of Indian Pharmaceutical Industry," MPRA Paper 17079, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vinish Kathuria, 2001. "Foreign firms, technology transfer and knowledge spillovers to Indian manufacturing firms: a stochastic frontier analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(5), pages 625-642.
- Yih-Chyi Chuang & Chi-Mei Lin, 1999. "Foreign direct investment, R&D and spillover efficiency: Evidence from Taiwan's manufacturing firms," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 117-137.
- Kumar, Nagesh, 1990. "Mobility Barriers and Profitability of Multinational and Local Enterprises in Indian Manufacturing," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 449-463, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ahmed Fayez Abdelgouad & Christian Pfeifer & John P Weche GelÃ¼bcke, 2015.
"Ownership structure and firm performance in the Egyptian manufacturing sector,"
Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(4), pages 2197-2212.
- Ahmed Fayez Abdelgouad & Christian Pfeifer & John P. Weche Gelübcke, 2014. "Ownership Structure and Firm Performance in the Egyptian Manufacturing Sector," Working Paper Series in Economics 328, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsMNEs; Domestic Firms; Conducts; Performance; Indian machinery industry;
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2013-06-04 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:33076. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.