Total factor productivity growth in foreign and domestic firms in Malaysian manufacturing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Young, Alwyn, 1994. "Lessons from the East Asian NICS: A contrarian view," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(3-4), pages 964-973, April.
- Premachandra Athukorala & Jayant Menon, 1995. "Developing with Foreign Investment: Malaysia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 28(1), pages 9-22.
- Caves, Richard E, 1974. "Multinational Firms, Competition, and Productivity in Host-Country Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 41(162), pages 176-193, May.
- Dixon, Peter B & McDonald, Daina, 1992. "A Decomposition of Changes in Labour Productivity in Australia: 1970-71 to 1989-90," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(201), pages 105-117, June.
- Aitken, Brian & Harrison, Ann & DEC, 1994. "Do domestic firms benefit from foreign direct investment? Evidence from panel data," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1248, The World Bank.
- Haddad, Mona & Harrison, Ann, 1993. "Are there positive spillovers from direct foreign investment? : Evidence from panel data for Morocco," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 51-74, October.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Persson, Hakan, 1983. "Foreign investment and spillover efficiency in an underdeveloped economy: Evidence from the Mexican manufacturing industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 493-501, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rozilee Asid & Mohd Safri Saiman, 2006.
"Total Factor Productivity in the Malaysian Resource-Based Industries,"
AccessEcon, vol. 15(16), pages 1-8.
- Asid, Rozilee & Saiman, Mohd Safri, 2003. "Total Factor Productivity in the Malaysian Resource-Based Industries," MPRA Paper 1010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Menon, Jayant, 2009. "Macroeconomic management amid ethnic diversity: Fifty years of Malaysian experience," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 25-33, January.
- Chin Hee Hahn & Dionisius A. Narjoko, . "Globalization and Performance of Small and Large Firms," Books, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA), number 2013-rpr-03 edited by Chin Hee Hahn & Dionisius A. Narjoko.
- Sadayuki Takii & Eric Ramstetter, 2005. "Multinational presence and labour productivity differentials in Indonesian manufacturing, 1975-2001," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(2), pages 221-242.
- repec:taf:rjapxx:v:18:y:2013:i:1:p:26-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dolage, D.A.R. & Sade, Abu Bakar & Ahmed, Elsadig Musa, 2010. "The influence of Flexible Manufacturing Technology adoption on productivity of Malaysian manufacturing industry," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 395-403, January.
- Claudio Loser & José Fajgenbaum, 2012. "A New Vision for Mexico 2042: Achieving Prosperity for All," Global Journal of Emerging Market Economies, Emerging Markets Forum, vol. 4(2), pages 155-195, May.
- Ramstetter, Eric D. & Haji Ahmad, Shahrazat Binti, 2013. "Do Multinationals Use Energy Relatively Efficiently in Malaysian Manufacturing? Additional Evidence for the Early 21st Century," AGI Working Paper Series 2013-18, Asian Growth Research Institute.
- Harpaul Alberto Kohli & Y. Aaron Szyf & Drew Arnold, 2012.
"Construction and Analysis of a Global GDP Growth Model for 185 Countries through 2050,"
Global Journal of Emerging Market Economies,
Emerging Markets Forum, vol. 4(2), pages 91-153, May.
- Harpaul Alberto Kohli & Y. Aaron Szyf & Drew Arnold, 2012. "Construction and Analysis of a Global GDP Growth Model for 185 Countries through 2050," Global Journal of Emerging Market Economies, Emerging Markets Forum, vol. 4(2), pages 91-153, May.
- Keshari, Pradeep Kumar, 2013. "Comparative performance of foreign affiliates and domestic firms in the Indian machinery industry," MPRA Paper 33076, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Apr 2013.
- Ramstetter, Eric D., 2017. "How important are SOEs and MNEs in Vietnam’s economy?," AGI Working Paper Series 2017-09, Asian Growth Research Institute.
- Mai, Yin Hua & Adams, Philip & Dixon, Peter & Menon, Jayant, 2010. "The Awakening Chinese Economy: Macro and Terms of Trade Impacts on 10 Major Asia-Pacific Countries," Working Papers on Regional Economic Integration 66, Asian Development Bank.
- Ramstetter, Eric D. & Ngoc, Phan Minh, 2013.
"Productivity, ownership, and producer concentration in transition: Further evidence from Vietnamese manufacturing,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 28-42.
- Eric D. Ramstetter & Phan Minh Ngoc, 2011. "Productivity Ownership and Producer Concentration in Transition: Further Evidence from Vietnamese Manufacturing," ESRI Discussion paper series 278, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Kim, Sangho & Park, Donghyun & Park, Jong-Ho, 2009. "Productivity Growth in Different Firm Sizes in the Malaysian Manufacturing Sector: An Empirical Investigation," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 176, Asian Development Bank.
- Eric Ramstetter, 2009. "Firm- and Plant-level Analysis of Multinationals in Southeast Asia: the Perils of Pooling Industries and Balancing Panels," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd09-106, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Juthathip Jongwanich & Archanun Kohpaiboon, . "Firm Productivity, Globalization and Global Product Sharing: Lesson from Thai Manufacturing," Chapters, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Thuyen, Truong Thi Ngoc & Jongwanich, Juthathip & Ramstetter, Eric D., 2017. "Trade protection and productivity differentials between multinationals and local firms in Vietnamese manufacturing," AGI Working Paper Series 2017-01, Asian Growth Research Institute.
- Takii, Sadayuki, 2004. "Productivity Differentials Between Local and Foreign Plants in Indonesian Manufacturing, 1995," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(11), pages 1957-1969, November.
- Wong Mei Foong & Tan Hui Boon & Lee Yoong Hon, 2014. "Efficiency and Productivity Gains in Knowledge-Based Production: The Case of East Asian Economies," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 122-143.
- Mahadevan, R., 2001. "Assessing the output and productivity growth of Malaysia's manufacturing sector," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 587-597.
- Andrew Jia-Yi Kam, 2013. "International production networks and host country productivity: evidence from Malaysia," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 27(1), pages 127-146, May.
- Mahadevan, Renuka, 2007. "Perspiration versus inspiration: Lessons from a rapidly developing economy," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 331-347, April.
- Ergun Dogan & Koi Wong & Michael Yap, 2013.
"Turnover, ownership and productivity in Malaysian manufacturing,"
Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 26-50.
- Ergun Dogan & Koi Nyen Wong & Michael Meow-Chung Yap, 2010. "Turnover, Ownership and Productivity in Malaysian Manufacturing," Monash Economics Working Papers 13-10, Monash University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:asieco:v:9:y:1998:i:2:p:251-280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/asieco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.