Gender, Time Use, and Labor Income in Guinea: Micro and Macro Analyses
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Hoddinott & Lawrence Haddad, 1994. "Does female income share influence household expenditures? Evidence from the Côte d'Ivoire," CSAE Working Paper Series 1994-17, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Lewis, Blane D. & Thorbecke, Erik, 1992. "District-level economic linkages in Kenya: Evidence based on a small regional social accounting matrix," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 881-897, June.
- Parikh, Alka & Thorbecke, Erik, 1996. "Impact of Rural Industrialization on Village Life and Economy: A Social Accounting Matrix Approach," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 351-377, January.
- Fofana, Ismael & Parra, Juan Carlos & Wodon, Quentin, 2009. "Exports and labor income by gender: a social accounting matrix analysis for Senegal," MPRA Paper 28473, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karingi, Stephen N. & Siriwardana, Mahinda., 2003. "A CGE model analysis of effects of adjustment to terms of trade shocks on agriculture and income distribution in Kenya," Journal of Developing Areas, Tennessee State University, College of Business, vol. 37(1), pages 87-108, September.
- Dale W. Jorgenson, 1998. "Growth, Volume 2: Energy, the Environment, and Economic Growth," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 2, number 0262100746, January.
- Semboja, Haji Hatibu Haji, 1994. "The effects of energy taxes on the Kenyan economy : A CGE analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 205-215, July.
- Defourny, Jacques & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "Structural Path Analysis and Multiplier Decomposition within a Social Accounting Matrix Framework," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 111-136, March.
- Bardasi, Elena & Wodon, Quentin, 2006. "Poverty Reduction from Full Employment: A Time Use Approach," MPRA Paper 11084, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Appleton, Simon & Hoddinott, John & Krishnan, Pramila, 1999. "The Gender Wage Gap in Three African Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 289-312, January.
- Quentin Wodon & Elena Bardasi, 2006.
"Measuring Time Poverty and Analyzing its Determinants: Concepts and Application to Guinea,"
AccessEcon, vol. 10(12), pages 1-7.
- Bardasi, Elena & Wodon, Quentin, 2006. "Measuring Time Poverty and Analyzing Its Determinants: Concepts and Application to Guinea," MPRA Paper 11082, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martina Zweimüller & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer & Doris Weichselbaumer, 2008.
"Market Orientation and Gender Wage Gaps: an International Study,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(4), pages 615-635, November.
- Weichselbaumer, Doris & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Zweimüller, Martina, 2007. "Market Orientation and Gender Wage Gaps: An International Study," CEPR Discussion Papers 6388, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Weichselbaumer, Doris & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Zweimüller, Martina, 2007. "Market Orientation and Gender Wage Gaps. An International Study," Economics Series 217, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Doris Weichselbaumer & Rudolf Winter-Ebmer & Martina Zweimüller, 2007. "Market Orientation and Gender Wage Gaps: An International Study," Economics working papers 2007-12, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Zweimüller, Martina & Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Weichselbaumer, Doris, 2007. "Market Orientation and Gender Wage Gaps: An International Study," IZA Discussion Papers 2918, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arndt, Channing & Jensen, Henning Tarp & Tarp, Finn, 2000. "Structural Characteristics of the Economy of Mozambique: A SAM-Based Analysis," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(3), pages 292-306, October.
- Elena Bardasi & Quentin Wodon, 2010.
"Working Long Hours and Having No Choice: Time Poverty in Guinea,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 45-78.
- Bardasi, Elena & Wodon, Quentin, 2009. "Working long hours and having no choice : time poverty in Guinea," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4961, The World Bank.
- Blackden, Mark & Wodon, Quentin, 2006. "Gender, Time Use, and Poverty: Introduction," MPRA Paper 11080, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nganou, Jean-Pascal & Parra, Juan Carlos & Wodon, Quentin, 2009. "Oil price shocks, poverty, and gender: a social accouting matrix analysis for Kenya," MPRA Paper 28471, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dick, Hermann & Gupta, Sanjeev & Vincent, David & Voigt, Herbert, 1984. "The effect of oil price increases on four oil-poor developing countries : A comparative analysis," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 59-70, January.
- Roland-Holst, David W & Sancho, Ferran, 1995. "Modeling Prices in a SAM Structure," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(2), pages 361-371, May.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:10:y:2006:i:12:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pyatt, F Graham & Round, Jeffery I, 1979. "Accounting and Fixed Price Multipliers in a Social Accounting Matrix Framework," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(356), pages 850-873, December.
- Thorbecke, Erik & Jung, Hong-Sang, 1996. "A multiplier decomposition method to analyze poverty alleviation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 279-300, March.
- Bautista, Romeo M. & Robinson, Sherman & El-Said, Moataz, 1999. "Alternative industrial development paths for Indonesia: SAM and CGE analyses," TMD discussion papers 42, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Round, Jeffrey I, 1985. "Decomposing Multipliers for Economic Systems Involving Regional and World Trade," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(378), pages 383-399, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Parra, Juan Carlos & Wodon, Quentin, 2010. "How Does Growth Affect Labor Income by Gender? A Structural Path Analysis for Tanzania," MPRA Paper 27735, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsGender; Labor income; Social Accounting Matrix; Guinea;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- D57 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Input-Output Tables and Analysis
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-02-12 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2011-02-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-02-12 (Development)
- NEP-LAB-2011-02-12 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:28465. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.