How Does Growth Affect Labor Income by Gender? A Structural Path Analysis for Tanzania
This paper uses structural path analysis to examine the transmission channels through which an initial shock travels through the economy to affect other accounts of a Social Accounting Matrix. The focus is on the impact of shocks on labor income by gender in Tanzania and the analysis is used to characterize what we call the concentration, strength, and speed of various transmission channels.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thurlow, James & Wobst, Peter, 2003. "Poverty-focused social accounting matrices for Tanzania," TMD discussion papers 112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Jian Xie, 2000. "An Environmentally Extended Social Accounting Matrix," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 16(4), pages 391-406, August.
- Parra Osorio, Juan Carlos & Wodon, Quentin, 2010. "Gender, Time Use, and Labor Income in Guinea: Micro and Macro Analyses," MPRA Paper 28465, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Deborah Roberts, 2005. "The role of households in sustaining rural economies: a structural path analysis," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 393-420, September.
- Defourny, Jacques & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "Structural Path Analysis and Multiplier Decomposition within a Social Accounting Matrix Framework," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 111-36, March.
- Khan, Haider A. & Thorbecke, Erik, 1989. "Macroeconomic effects of technology choice: Multiplier and structural path analysis within a SAM framework," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 131-156.
- Javier Ferri & Ezequiel Uriel, 2000. "Multiplicadores contables y análisis estructural en la matriz de contabilidad social. Una aplicación al caso español," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 24(2), pages 419-453, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:27735. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.