Aplicación de un modelo de multiplicadores contables y de análisis estructural a políticas sociales seleccionadas en el estado de Nuevo León
This paper analyzes the economic effects of “Oportunidades” Program, “Programa de Atención al Adulto Mayor” (PAAM) and “Programa de Apoyo para las Personas con Discapacidad” (PAPD) on the State of Nuevo Leon, by a linear model applied to a 2004 Social Accounting Matrix. The mainly results show that for each peso that brings, Oportunidades increase Nuevo Leon economy and household’s incomes the most. PAAM´s total transfers generate bigger economic effects over all households and the State than the others programs; and PAPD is the most focused in poor households. The analysis suggests that income transfers is expended principally in Food, beverages and tobacco, which require goods from Agriculture, livestock, forestry and fishing to produce, whose then demands the main poor household job: Agriculture workers.
Volume (Year): XXVIII (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avenida Lazaro Cardenas 4600 Ote., Fraccionamiento Residencial Las Torres, C.P. 64930. Monterrey, Nuevo Leon. México.|
Phone: +52 (81) 8329 4150
Fax: (8) 342 28 97
Web page: http://www.economia.uanl.mx
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Francisco Javier de Miguel Velez & Jesus Perez-Mayo, 2006. "Linear SAM models for inequality changes analysis: an application to the Extremadurian economy," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(20), pages 2393-2403.
- Michael Sonis & Geoffrey Hewings & Sri Sulistyowati, 1997. "Block Structural Path Analysis: Applications to Structural Changes in the Indonesian Economy," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 265-280.
- François Bourguignon & Maurizio Bussolo & Luiz A. Pereira da Silva, 2008. "The Impact of Macroeconomic Policies on Poverty and Income Distribution : Macro-Micro Evaluation Techniques and Tools," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6586.
- Arief Anshory Yusuf, 2006.
"Constructing Indonesian Social Accounting Matrix for Distributional Analysis in the CGE Modelling Framework,"
Working Papers in Economics and Development Studies (WoPEDS)
200604, Department of Economics, Padjadjaran University, revised Nov 2006.
- Yusuf, Arief Anshory, 2006. "Constructing Indonesian Social Accounting Matrix for Distributional Analysis in the CGE Modelling Framework," MPRA Paper 1730, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Defourny, Jacques & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "Structural Path Analysis and Multiplier Decomposition within a Social Accounting Matrix Framework," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 111-136, March.
- Khan, Haider A. & Thorbecke, Erik, 1989. "Macroeconomic effects of technology choice: Multiplier and structural path analysis within a SAM framework," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 131-156.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2007:i:17:p:1-14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Iwan J. Azis, 2000. "Simulating economy-wide models to capture the transition from financial crisis to social crisis," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 34(2), pages 251-278.
- Javier Ferri & Ezequiel Uriel, 2000. "Multiplicadores contables y análisis estructural en la matriz de contabilidad social. Una aplicación al caso español," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 24(2), pages 419-453, May.
- Cardenete Flores, M.A. & Congregado Ramírez De Aguilera, E. & De Miguel Vélez, F.J. & Pérez Mayo, J., 2000. "Una comparación de las economías andaluza y extremeña a partir de matrices de contabilidad social y multiplicadores lineales," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 15, pages 47-73, Agosto.
- Shoven, John B. & Whalley, John, 1972. "A general equilibrium calculation of the effects of differential taxation of income from capital in the U.S," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(3-4), pages 281-321, November.
- John B. Shoven & John Whalley, 1972. "A General Equilibrium Calculation of the Effects of Differential Taxation of Income from Capital in the U.S," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 328, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Sanjaya Acharya, 2007. "Flow Structure in Nepal and the Benefit to the Poor," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(17), pages 1-14.
- Yasushi Nakamura, 1998. "Investment and Saving in Russian Macroeconomy. Compilation and Analyses of an aggregated SAM for Russia, 1995," CERT Discussion Papers 9809, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Thurlow, James & Wobst, Peter, 2003. "Poverty-focused social accounting matrices for Tanzania," TMD discussion papers 112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Deborah Roberts, 2005. "The role of households in sustaining rural economies: a structural path analysis," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 32(3), pages 393-420, September.
- Lima , M.Carmen & Cardenete, M.Alejandro & Hewings , G.J.D. & Vallés Ferrer, José, 2004. "A structural analysis of a regional economy using Social Accounting Matrices:1990-1999," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 5, pages 113-138.
- Thaiprasert, Nalitra, 2004. "Rethinking the Role of the Agricultural Sector in the Thai Economy and Its Income Distribution: A SAM Analysis," MPRA Paper 1055, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Pyatt, F Graham & Round, Jeffery I, 1979. "Accounting and Fixed Price Multipliers in a Social Accounting Matrix Framework," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 89(356), pages 850-873, December.
- Clemente Polo & D. Roland-Holst & Ferrán Sancho, 1991. "Descomposición de multiplicadores en un modelo multisectorial: una aplicación al caso español," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 15(1), pages 53-69, January.
- Andres Blancas, 2006. "Interinstitutional linkage analysis: a social accounting matrix multiplier approach for the Mexican economy," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 29-59.
- Robinson, Sherman & Roland-Holst, David W., 1988. "Macroeconomic structure and computable general equilibrium models," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 353-375. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ere:journl:v:xxviii:y:2009:i:2:p:95-137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dora María Vega Facio)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.