The motorcycle Kuznets curve
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Feenstra & Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer, 2015. "The Next Generation of the Penn World Table," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(10), pages 3150-3182, October.
- Kopits, Elizabeth & Cropper, Maureen, 2003. "Traffic fatalities and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3035, The World Bank.
- Michael Grimm & Carole Treibich, 2013.
"Determinants Of Road Traffic Crash Fatalities Across Indian States,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(8), pages 915-930, August.
- Grimm, M. & Treibich, C., 2012. "Determinants of road traffic crash fatalities across Indian States," ISS Working Papers - General Series 531, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Michael Grimm & Carole Treibich, 2013. "Determinants of road traffic crash fatalities across Indian States," Post-Print halshs-01511061, HAL.
- Paul J. Burke, 2012.
"Climbing the electricity ladder generates carbon Kuznets curve downturns,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(2), pages 260-279, April.
- Burke, Paul J., 2012. "Climbing the electricity ladder generates carbon Kuznets curve downturns," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(2), June.
- Paul J Burke, 2011. "Climbing the electricity ladder generates carbon Kuznets curve downturns," CAMA Working Papers 2011-31, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Richard Tay, 2003. "Marginal Effects of Changing the Vehicle Mix on Fatal Crashes," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 37(3), pages 439-450, September.
- Jou, Rong-Chang & Huang, Wen-Hsiu & Wu, Yuan-Chan & Chao, Ming-Che, 2012. "The asymmetric income effect on household vehicle ownership in Taiwan: A threshold cointegration approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 696-706.
- Elizabeth Kopits & Maureen Cropper, 2008.
"Why Have Traffic Fatalities Declined in Industrialised Countries?: Implications for Pedestrians and Vehicle Occupants,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 42(1), pages 129-154, January.
- Kopits, Elizabeth & Cropper, Maureen, 2005. "Why have traffic fatalities declined in industrialized countries ? Implications for pedestrians and vehicle occupants," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3678, The World Bank.
- Stern, David I., 2010. "Between estimates of the emissions-income elasticity," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2173-2182, September.
- Joyce Dargay & Dermot Gately & Martin Sommer, 2007. "Vehicle Ownership and Income Growth, Worldwide: 1960-2030," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 143-170.
- World Bank, 2013. "World Development Indicators 2013," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13191.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yi-Xuan Gao & Hua Liao & Paul J. Burke & Yi-Ming Wei, 2015.
"Road transport energy consumption in the G7 and BRICS: 1973-2010,"
International Journal of Global Energy Issues,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 38(4/5/6), pages 342-356.
- Yi-Xuan Gao & Hua Liao & Paul J. Burke & Yi-Ming Wei, 2014. "Road transport energy consumption in the G7 and BRICS: 1973-2010," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 79, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Paul J. Burke & Shuhei Nishitateno, 2015.
"Gasoline Prices And Road Fatalities: International Evidence,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 53(3), pages 1437-1450, July.
- Paul J. Burke & Shuhei Nishitateno, 2014. "Gasoline Prices and Road Fatalities: International Evidence," Departmental Working Papers 2014-18, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:7:p:1217-:d:104499 is not listed on IDEAS
- Srikant Devaraj & Pankaj C Patel, 2016. "Gas Prices and Red light Violations in Chicago," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(3), pages 1844-1853.
- Marquet, Oriol & Miralles-Guasch, Carme, 2016. "City of Motorcycles. On how objective and subjective factors are behind the rise of two-wheeled mobility in Barcelona," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 37-45.
More about this item
Keywordsmotorcycles; economic development; Kuznets curve; road safety; road fatalities;
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2014-04-18 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-GRO-2014-04-18 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-HIS-2014-04-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-TRE-2014-04-18 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pas:papers:2014-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Zec) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .