The motorcycle Kuznets curve
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Feenstra & Robert Inklaar & Marcel P. Timmer, 2015. "The Next Generation of the Penn World Table," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 105(10), pages 3150-3182, October.
- Kopits, Elizabeth & Cropper, Maureen, 2003. "Traffic fatalities and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3035, The World Bank.
- Michael Grimm & Carole Treibich, 2013.
"Determinants Of Road Traffic Crash Fatalities Across Indian States,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(8), pages 915-930, August.
- Grimm, M. & Treibich, C., 2012. "Determinants of road traffic crash fatalities across Indian States," ISS Working Papers - General Series 531, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Michael Grimm & Carole Treibich, 2013. "Determinants of road traffic crash fatalities across Indian States," Post-Print halshs-01511061, HAL.
- Paul J. Burke, 2012.
"Climbing the electricity ladder generates carbon Kuznets curve downturns,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(2), pages 260-279, April.
- Burke, Paul J., 2012. "Climbing the electricity ladder generates carbon Kuznets curve downturns," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 56(2), June.
- Paul J Burke, 2011. "Climbing the electricity ladder generates carbon Kuznets curve downturns," CAMA Working Papers 2011-31, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Richard Tay, 2003. "Marginal Effects of Changing the Vehicle Mix on Fatal Crashes," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 37(3), pages 439-450, September.
- Jou, Rong-Chang & Huang, Wen-Hsiu & Wu, Yuan-Chan & Chao, Ming-Che, 2012. "The asymmetric income effect on household vehicle ownership in Taiwan: A threshold cointegration approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(4), pages 696-706.
- Elizabeth Kopits & Maureen Cropper, 2008.
"Why Have Traffic Fatalities Declined in Industrialised Countries?: Implications for Pedestrians and Vehicle Occupants,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 42(1), pages 129-154, January.
- Kopits, Elizabeth & Cropper, Maureen, 2005. "Why have traffic fatalities declined in industrialized countries ? Implications for pedestrians and vehicle occupants," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3678, The World Bank.
- Stern, David I., 2010. "Between estimates of the emissions-income elasticity," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 2173-2182, September.
- Joyce Dargay & Dermot Gately & Martin Sommer, 2007. "Vehicle Ownership and Income Growth, Worldwide: 1960-2030," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 4), pages 143-170.
- World Bank, 2013. "World Development Indicators 2013," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13191, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yi-Xuan Gao & Hua Liao & Paul J. Burke & Yi-Ming Wei, 2015.
"Road transport energy consumption in the G7 and BRICS: 1973-2010,"
International Journal of Global Energy Issues,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 38(4/5/6), pages 342-356.
- Yi-Xuan Gao & Hua Liao & Paul J. Burke & Yi-Ming Wei, 2014. "Road transport energy consumption in the G7 and BRICS: 1973-2010," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 79, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Paul J. Burke & Shuhei Nishitateno, 2015.
"Gasoline Prices And Road Fatalities: International Evidence,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 53(3), pages 1437-1450, July.
- Paul J. Burke & Shuhei Nishitateno, 2014. "Gasoline Prices and Road Fatalities: International Evidence," Departmental Working Papers 2014-18, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:7:p:1217-:d:104499 is not listed on IDEAS
- Srikant Devaraj & Pankaj C Patel, 2016. "Gas Prices and Red light Violations in Chicago," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(3), pages 1844-1853.
- Marquet, Oriol & Miralles-Guasch, Carme, 2016. "City of Motorcycles. On how objective and subjective factors are behind the rise of two-wheeled mobility in Barcelona," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 37-45.
More about this item
Keywordsmotorcycles; economic development; Kuznets curve; road safety; road fatalities;
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-04-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENE-2014-04-18 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-GRO-2014-04-18 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-HIS-2014-04-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-TRE-2014-04-18 (Transport Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pas:papers:2014-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sandra Zec) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .