Within Group "Structural" Tests of Labor-Market Discrimination: A Study of Persons with Serious Disabilities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nakamura, Masao & Nakamura, Alice & Cullen, Dallas, 1979. "Job Opportunities, the Offered Wage, and the Labor Supply of Married Women," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(5), pages 787-805, December.
- Richard V. Burkhauser & Robert H. Haveman & Barbara L. Wolfe, 1993.
"How people with disabilities fare when public policies change,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 251-269.
- R. V. Burkhauser & R. H. Haveman & B. L. Wolfe, "undated". "How people with disabilities fare when public policies change," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 974-92, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 2, number 9780226041162, Febrero.
- William G. Johnson & James Lambrinos, 1985. "Wage Discrimination against Handicapped Men and Women," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 20(2), pages 264-277.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S & Biddle, Jeff E, 1994. "Beauty and the Labor Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1174-1194, December.
- Ayres, Ian & Siegelman, Peter, 1995. "Race and Gender Discrimination in Bargaining for a New Car," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 304-321, June.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Biddle, Jeff E & Hamermesh, Daniel S, 1998.
"Beauty, Productivity, and Discrimination: Lawyers' Looks and Lucre,"
Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 172-201, January.
- Jeff E. Biddle & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1995. "Beauty, Productivity and Discrimination: Lawyers' Looks and Lucre," NBER Working Papers 5366, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
- Marjorie Baldwin & William G. Johnson, 1994. "Labor Market Discrimination against Men with Disabilities," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(1), pages 1-19.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maitreyi Bordia Das, 2016. "All in my Head? The Play of Exclusion and Discrimination in the Labor Market," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 7(02), pages 1-20, June.
- Marjorie L. Baldwin & Edward J. Schumacher, "undated". "Job Mobility among Workers with Disabilities," Working Papers 9805, East Carolina University, Department of Economics.
- Das,Maitreyi B, 2015. "All in my head ? the play of exclusion and discrimination in the labor market," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7468, The World Bank.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Sohn, Kitae, 2015. "The height premium in Indonesia," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 16(C), pages 1-15.
- Burkhauser, Richard V. & Butler, J. S. & Kim, Yang Woo, 1995. "The importance of employer accommodation on the job duration of workers with disabilities: A hazard model approach," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 109-130, June.
- Deryugina, Tatyana, 2013. "When Are Appearances Deceiving? The Nature of the Beauty Premium," MPRA Paper 53581, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dilmaghani, Maryam, 2020. "Beauty perks: Physical appearance, earnings, and fringe benefits," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 38(C).
- Kidd, Michael P. & Sloane, Peter J. & Ferko, Ivan, 2000.
"Disability and the labour market: an analysis of British males,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 961-981, November.
- Michael P. Kidd & Peter J. Sloane & Ivan Ferko, 1998. "Disability and the Labour Market: an analysis of British males," Working Papers 98-10, Department of Economics, University of Aberdeen.
- Dietl, Helmut & Özdemir, Anil & Rendall, Andrew, 2020. "The role of facial attractiveness in tennis TV-viewership," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 521-535.
- Roberto Gutierrez & Javier Nunez, 2004. "Classism, Discrimination And Meritocrascy In The Labor Market: The Case Of Chile," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 308, Econometric Society.
- Manuel F. Bagues & Berta Esteve-Volart, 2010.
"Can Gender Parity Break the Glass Ceiling? Evidence from a Repeated Randomized Experiment,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 77(4), pages 1301-1328.
- Manuel F. Bagüés & Berta Esteve-Volart, 2007. "Can gender parity break the glass ceiling? Evidence from a repeated randomized experiment," Working Papers 2007-15, FEDEA.
- Astghik Mavisakalyan, 2016. "Looks matter: Attractiveness and employment in the former soviet union," Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre Working Paper series WP1604, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School.
- Eirini-Christina Saloniki, 2015. "A monopsonistic approach to disability discrimination and non-discrimination," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 35(4), pages 2064-2073.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pc:p:3417-3528 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mitra, Sophie & Sambamoorthi, Usha, 2008. "Disability and the Rural Labor Market in India: Evidence for Males in Tamil Nadu," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 934-952, May.
- Mavisakalyan, Astghik, 2018. "Do employers reward physical attractiveness in transition countries?," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 38-52.
- Deng, Weiguang & Li, Dayang & Zhou, Dong, 2019. "Beauty and Job Accessibility: New Evidence from a Field Experiment," GLO Discussion Paper Series 369, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Morten Størling Hedegaard & Jean-Robert Tyran, 2018. "The Price of Prejudice," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 10(1), pages 40-63, January.
- Balke, Nathan S & Petersen, D'Ann, 2002.
"How Well Does the Beige Book Reflect Economic Activity? Evaluating Qualitative Information Quantitatively,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(1), pages 114-136, February.
- Nathan S. Balke & D'Ann M. Petersen, 1998. "How well does the Beige Book reflect economic activity? Evaluating qualitative information quantitatively," Working Papers 9802, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Mick Brookes & Timothy Hinks & Duncan Watson, 2001.
"Comparisons in Gender Wage Differentials and Discrimination between Germany and the United Kingdom,"
LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 15(3), pages 393-414, September.
- Brookes, Mick & Hinks, Timothy & Watson, Duncan, 1999. "Comparisons in Gender Wage Differentials and Discrimination between Germany and the United Kingdom," IRISS Working Paper Series 1999-02, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Cengiz Kallek, 1998. "Economic Views of ABU UBAYD," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 6(1), pages 1-22.
- Mansor H. Ibrahim, 1998. "Bayesian Estimation Of A Simple Simultaneous Equation Model Using Gibbs Sampling," IIUM Journal of Economics and Management, IIUM Journal of Economis and Management, vol. 6(1), pages 69-78, June.
- Ricardo Pagán & Andrés J. Marchante, 2004. "Análisis de las diferencias salariales por discapacidad en España: el caso de los varones," Hacienda Pública Española / Review of Public Economics, IEF, vol. 171(4), pages 75-100, december.
- Parrett, Matt, 2015. "Beauty and the feast: Examining the effect of beauty on earnings using restaurant tipping data," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 34-46.
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:5931. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.