Affirmative Action in Higher Education in India: Targeting, Catch Up, and Mismatch
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Jonathan Guryan, 2011.
"Studying Discrimination: Fundamental Challenges and Recent Progress,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 3(1), pages 479-511, September.
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Jonathan Guryan, 2011. "Studying Discrimination: Fundamental Challenges and Recent Progress," NBER Working Papers 17156, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Arcidiacono, 2005. "Affirmative Action in Higher Education: How Do Admission and Financial Aid Rules Affect Future Earnings?," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(5), pages 1477-1524, September.
- Loury, Linda Datcher & Garman, David, 1995. "College Selectivity and Earnings," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(2), pages 289-308, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kala Krishna & Alexander Tarasov, 2016.
"Affirmative Action: One Size Does Not Fit All,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics,
American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 215-252, May.
- Kala Krishna & Alexander Tarasov, 2013. "Affirmative Action: One Size Does Not Fit All," NBER Working Papers 19546, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krishna, Kala & Tarasov, Alexander, 2013. "Affirmative Action: One Size Does Not Fit All," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 407, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Frisancho, Veronica & Krishna, Kala & Lychagin, Sergey & Yavas, Cemile, 2016.
"Better luck next time: Learning through retaking,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 120-135.
- Verónica Frisancho & Kala Krishna & Sergey Lychagin & Cemile Yavas, 2013. "Better Luck Next Time: Learning Through Retaking," NBER Working Papers 19663, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kala Krishna & Sergey Lychagin & Cemile Yavas & Veronica Frisancho, 2014. "Better Luck Next Time: Learning through Retaking," Research Department Publications IDB-WP-483, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Verónica Frisancho & Kala Krishna & Sergey Lychagin & Cemile Yavas, 2014. "Better Luck Next Time: Learning through Retaking," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4785, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Freund, Caroline & Pierola, Denisse, 2016.
"The Origin and Dynamics of Export Superstars,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
11687, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matteo Bobba & Verónica Frisancho, 2016. "Learning about Oneself: The Effects of Performance Feedback on School Choice," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7968, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Caroline Freund & Martha Denisse Pierola, 2016. "The Origins and Dynamics of Export Superstars," Working Paper Series WP16-11, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Akyol, Pelin & Krishna, Kala, 2017.
"Preferences, selection, and value added: A structural approach,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 89-117.
- Saziye P. Akyol & Kala Krishna, 2014. "Preferences, Selection, and Value Added: A Structural Approach," NBER Working Papers 20013, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- S. Pelin Akyol & Verónica Frisancho & Kala M. Krishna & Cemile Yavas, 2013. "Preferences, Selection, and Value Added: A Structural Approach Applied to Turkish Exam High Schools," CESifo Working Paper Series 4302, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alon, Sigal & Malamud, Ofer, 2014. "The impact of Israel's class-based affirmative action policy on admission and academic outcomes," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 123-139.
- Deshpande, Ashwini & Weisskopf, Thomas E., 2014. "Does Affirmative Action Reduce Productivity? A Case Study of the Indian Railways," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 169-180.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:132:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1311-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bobba, Matteo & Frisancho, Veronica, 2016. "Learning about Oneself: The Effects of Performance Feedback on School Choice," IZA Discussion Papers 10360, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Richard Murphy & Felix Weinhardt, 2013. "The Importance of Rank Position," CEP Discussion Papers dp1241, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
More about this item
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J15 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Minorities, Races, Indigenous Peoples, and Immigrants; Non-labor Discrimination
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J7 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2012-01-18 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2012-01-18 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:17727. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .