A proposal for a federalized unemployment insurance mechanism for Europe
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Leila E. Davis & Charalampos Konstantinidis & Yorghos Tripodis, 2017. "A proposal for a federalized unemployment insurance mechanism for Europe," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 14(1), pages 92-116, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul De Grauwe, 2006.
"What Have we Learnt about Monetary Integration since the Maastricht Treaty?,"
Journal of Common Market Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44, pages 711-730, November.
- Paul De Grauwe, 2006. "What have we learnt about monetary integration since the Maastricht Treaty?," Working Papers 03-2006, Macerata University, Department of Studies on Economic Development (DiSSE), revised Nov 2008.
- Eckhard Hein & Daniel Detzer, 2014.
"Coping with imbalances in the Euro area: Policy alternatives addressing divergences and disparities between member countries,"
wpaper63, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Eckhard Hein & Daniel Detzer, 2014. "Coping with Imbalances in the Euro Area: Policy Alternatives Addressing Divergences and Disparities between Member Countries," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_816, Levy Economics Institute.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Daniel Leigh, 2013.
"Growth Forecast Errors and Fiscal Multipliers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 117-120, May.
- Olivier J. Blanchard & Daniel Leigh, 2013. "Growth Forecast Errors and Fiscal Multipliers," NBER Working Papers 18779, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier J Blanchard & Daniel Leigh, 2013. "Growth Forecast Errors and Fiscal Multipliers," IMF Working Papers 13/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Paul Krugman, 2012. "Revenge of the Optimum Currency Area," NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2012, Volume 27, pages 439-448 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul De Grauwe, 2012. "The Governance of a Fragile Eurozone," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 45(3), pages 255-268, September.
- Sebastian Dullien & Daniela Schwarzer, 2009. "Bringing Macroeconomics into the EU Budget Debate: Why and How?," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47, pages 153-174, January.
- Fazzari Steven M. & Morley James & Panovska Irina, 2015. "State-dependent effects of fiscal policy," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 19(3), pages 285-315, June.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 2013.
"Finance at Center Stage: Some Lessons of the Euro Crisis,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9415, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2013. "Finance at Center Stage: Some Lessons of the Euro Crisis," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 493, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Alan J. Auerbach & Yuriy Gorodnichenko, 2013. "Output Spillovers from Fiscal Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 141-146, May.
- Thomas Bauer & Regina Riphahn, 2002.
"Employment effects of payroll taxes - an empirical test for Germany,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 865-876.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Riphahn, Regina T., 1998. "Employment Effects of Payroll Taxes - An Empirical Test for Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 11, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Crespo-Cuaresma, Jesús & Fernández-Amador, Octavio, 2013.
"Business cycle convergence in EMU: A first look at the second moment,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 265-284.
- Jes?s Crespo-Cuaresma & Octavio Fern?ndez-Amador, 2010. "Business cycle convergence in EMU: A first look at the second moment," Working Papers 2010-22, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Jesús Crespo-Cuaresma & Octavio Fernández-Amador, 2010. "Business cycle convergence in EMU: A first look at the second moment," FIW Working Paper series 054, FIW.
- Oh, Hyunseung & Reis, Ricardo, 2012.
"Targeted transfers and the fiscal response to the great recession,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(S), pages 50-64.
- Hyunseung Oh & Ricardo Reis, 2011. "Targeted Transfers and the Fiscal Response to the Great Recession," NBER Working Papers 16775, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oh, Hyunseung & Reis, Ricardo, 2011. "Targeted transfers and the fiscal response to the great recession," CEPR Discussion Papers 8239, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jara Tamayo, Holguer Xavier & Sutherland, Holly, 2014. "The implications of an EMU unemployment insurance scheme for supporting incomes," EUROMOD Working Papers EM5/14, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Sebastian Dullien & Ulrich Fritsche, 2009. "How bad is divergence in the euro zone? Lessons from the United States and Germany," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 431-457, April.
- Sebastian Dullien & Ferdinand Fichtner, 2013. "A Common Unemployment Insurance System for the Euro Area," DIW Economic Bulletin, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 3(1), pages 9-14.
- Dolls, Mathias & Fuest, Clemens & Neumann, Dirk & Peichl, Andreas, 2014. "An Unemployment Insurance Scheme for the Euro Area," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100572, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
KeywordsEurozone; unemployment insurance; fiscal transfers;
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2015-11-07 (European Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2015-11-07 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2015-11-07 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mab:wpaper:2015_02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Arjun Jayadev). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deumbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.