Does profit sharing increase training by reducing turnover?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christine Greenhalgh & George Mavrotas, 1996. "Job Training, New Technology and Labour Turnover," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 34(1), pages 131-150, March.
- Sarah Brown & Lisa Farrell & Mark N. Harris & John G. Sessions, 2006. "Risk preference and employment contract type," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 169(4), pages 849-863.
- Levine, David I, 1993.
"Worth Waiting For? Delayed Compensation, Training, and Turnover in the United States and Japan,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(4), pages 724-752, October.
- Levine, David I., 1991. "Worth Waiting For? Delayed Compensation, Training and Turnover in the United States and Japan," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt97m9v25n, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Nicholas Wilson & Michael J. Peel, 1991. "The Impact on Absenteeism and Quits of Profit-Sharing and other Forms of Employee Participation," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 44(3), pages 454-468, April.
- Parent, Daniel, 2004.
"Incentives? The effect of profit sharing plans offered by previous employers on current wages,"
Elsevier, vol. 83(1), pages 37-42, April.
- Daniel Parent, 2002. "Incentives? The Effect of Profit Sharing Plans Offered by Previous Employers on Current Wages," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-54, CIRANO.
- Itoh, Hideshi, 1991. "Incentives to Help in Multi-agent Situations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 611-636, May.
- Hersch, Joni & Pickton, Todd S, 1995. "Risk-Taking Activities and Heterogeneity of Job-Risk Tradeoffs," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 11(3), pages 205-217, December.
- Robert B. Barsky & F. Thomas Juster & Miles S. Kimball & Matthew D. Shapiro, 1997. "Preference Parameters and Behavioral Heterogeneity: An Experimental Approach in the Health and Retirement Study," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 537-579.
- Wadhwani, Sushil & Wall, Martin, 1990.
"The Effects of Profit-Sharing on Employment, Wages, Stock Returns and Productivity: Evidence from UK Micro-data,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(399), pages 1-17, March.
- Wadhwani, S. & Wall, M., 1988. "The Effects Of Profit-Sharing On Employment, Wages, Stock Returns And Productivity: Evidence From Uk Micro-Data," Papers 311, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Alan Morrison & William J. Wilhelm, Jr., 2003. "Partnership Firms, Reputation and Human Capital," OFRC Working Papers Series 2003fe02, Oxford Financial Research Centre.
- Inge Sieben, 2007. "Does training trigger turnover - or not?," Work, Employment & Society, British Sociological Association, vol. 21(3), pages 397-416, September.
- Francis Green & Alan Felstead & Ken Mayhew & Alan Pack, 2000. "The Impact of Training on Labour Mobility: Individual and Firm-level Evidence from Britain," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 38(2), pages 261-275, June.
- Jonathan R. Veum, 1997. "Training and job mobility among young workers in the United States," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 10(2), pages 219-233.
- Hubler, Olaf, 1993. "Productivity, Earnings, and Profit Sharing--An Econometric Analysis of Alternative Models," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 357-380.
- Kraft, Kornelius, 1991. "The Incentive Effects of Dismissals, Efficiency Wages, Piece-Rates and Profit-Sharing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(3), pages 451-459, August.
- John S. Heywood & Uwe Jirjahn, 2004. "Teams, Teamwork and Absence," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 106(4), pages 765-782, December.
- Lynch, Lisa M, 1993. "The Economics of Youth Training in the United States," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1292-1302, September.
- John S. Heywood & Uwe Jirjahn & Georgi Tsertsvadze, 2005. "Getting along with Colleagues - Does Profit Sharing Help or Hurt?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(4), pages 557-573, November.
- Barron, John M & Black, Dan A & Loewenstein, Mark A, 1989. "Job Matching and On-the-Job Training," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Adams, Christopher P., 2006. "Optimal team incentives with CES production," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 143-148, July.
- Lynch, Lisa M, 1991. "The Role of Off-the-Job vs. On-the-Job Training for the Mobility of Women Workers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 151-156, May.
- Alison L. Booth & Mark L. Bryan, 2005. "Testing Some Predictions of Human Capital Theory: New Training Evidence from Britain," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(2), pages 391-394, May.
- Gerald T. Garvey & Robert W Drago, 1996. "Incentives for Helping on the Job: Theory and Evidence," Working papers _013, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Joni Hersch, 2001. "Cigarette Smokers As Job Risk Takers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 269-280, May.
- Mark A. Loewenstein & James R. Spletzer, 1999. "General and Specific Training: Evidence and Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(4), pages 710-733.
- Bassanini, Andrea & Booth, Alison L. & Brunello, Giorgio & De Paola, Maria & Leuven, Edwin, 2005. "Workplace Training in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 1640, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hans Peter Grüner, 2009. "Kapitalbeteiligung von Mitarbeitern. Eine Bewertung der jüngsten Vorschläge," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 10(2), pages 175-188, May.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3169 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:lan:wpaper:2920 is not listed on IDEAS
- Green, Colin P. & Heywood, John S., 2010.
"Profit sharing and the quality of relations with the boss,"
Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 859-867, October.
- C Green & J S Heywood, 2008. "Profit Sharing and the Quality of Relations with the Boss," Working Papers 596078, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- repec:lan:wpaper:3014 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsProfit shares; Performance pay; training; turnover;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lan:wpaper:589032. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giorgio Motta). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delanuk.html .