Private Tutoring and the Question of Equitable Opportunities in Turkey
This paper focuses on the implications of private tutoring in Turkey for questions of equity regarding the provision of public education, based on an analysis of previously published research. The nature of the private tutoring and its relation to the two national selection examinations in Turkey are also discussed.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 228 3894 223
Fax: +49 228 3894 180
Web page: http://www.iza.org
|Order Information:|| Postal: IZA, Margard Ody, P.O. Box 7240, D-53072 Bonn, Germany|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tansel, Aysit & Bircan, Fatma, 2008.
"Private Supplementary Tutoring in Turkey: Recent Evidence on Its Various Aspects,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3471, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aysit Tansel & Fatma Bircan, 2008. "Private Supplementary Tutoring in Turkey Recent Evidence on Its Various Aspects," Working Papers 451, Economic Research Forum, revised Oct 2008.
- Aysit Tansel & Fatma Bircan, 2008. "Private Supplementary Tutoring in Turkey Recent Evidence on Its Various Aspects," ERC Working Papers 0802, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Apr 2008.
- Aysit Tansel & Fatma Bircan, 2007. "Private Supplementary Tutoring in Turkey Recent Evidence on Its Various Aspects," Working Papers 2008/9, Turkish Economic Association.
- Gokce Uysal & M. Alper Dincer, 2009. "Determinants of Student Achievement in Turkey," Working Papers 002, Bahcesehir University, Betam.
- Tansel, AysIt & Bircan, Fatma, 2006. "Demand for education in Turkey: A tobit analysis of private tutoring expenditures," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 303-313, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6626. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.