Up or Out: Research Incentives and Career Prospects of Postdocs in Germany
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bernd Fitzenberger & Ute Schulze, 2014. "Up or Out: Research Incentives and Career Prospects of Postdocs in Germany," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 15(2), pages 287-328, May.
- Fitzenberger, Bernd & Leuschner, Ute, 2012. "Up or out: Research incentives and career prospects of postdocs in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-020, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Dohmen & Armin Falk, 2011.
"Performance Pay and Multidimensional Sorting: Productivity, Preferences, and Gender,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(2), pages 556-590, April.
- Dohmen, Thomas & Falk, Armin, 2006. "Performance Pay and Multi-dimensional Sorting: Productivity, Preferences and Gender," IZA Discussion Papers 2001, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Dohmen T.J. & Falk A., 2010. "Performance pay and multi-dimensional sorting - Productivity, preferences and gender," Research Memorandum 012, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Dohmen Thomas & Falk Armin, 2010. "Performance Pay and Multi-dimensional Sorting - Productivity, Preferences and Gender," ROA Research Memorandum 003, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
- Dohmen, Thomas & Falk, Armin, 2011. "Performance Pay and Multidimensional Sorting - Productivity, Preferences and Gender," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 360, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Günther G. Schulze & Susanne Warning & Christian Wiermann, 2008.
"What and How Long Does It Take to Get Tenure? The Case of Economics and Business Administration in Austria, Germany and Switzerland,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 473-505, November.
- Susanne Warning & Christian Wiermann & Günther G. Schulze, 2008. "What and how long does it take to get tenure? The Case of Economics and Business Administration in Austria, Germany and Switzerland?," Discussion Paper Series 6, Department of International Economic Policy, University of Freiburg, revised Jul 2008.
- Gunther G. Schulze, 2008. "Tertiary Education in a Federal System: The Case of Germany," Conferences on New Political Economy,in: Max Albert & Stefan Voigt & Dieter Schmidtchen (ed.), Conferences on New Political Economy, edition 1, volume 25, pages 35-66(32) Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen.
- Lindley, Joanne & Machin, Stephen, 2011. "Rising Wage Inequality and Postgraduate Education," IZA Discussion Papers 5981, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lutter, Mark & Schröder, Martin, 2016. "Who becomes a tenured professor, and why? Panel data evidence from German sociology, 1980–2013," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(5), pages 999-1013.
- Alexander Butz & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2016. "Die Ökonomen-Rankings 2015 von Handelsblatt, FAZ und RePEc: Methodik, Ergebnisse, Kritik und Vergleich," ifo Working Paper Series 212, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Lutter, Mark & Schröder, Martin, 2014. "Who becomes a tenured professor, and why? Panel data evidence from German sociology, 1980-2013," MPIfG Discussion Paper 14/19, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Haucap, Justus & Thomas, Tobias & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2017.
"Publication performance vs. influence: On the questionable value of quality weighted publication rankings,"
DICE Discussion Papers
277, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Justus Haucap & Tobias Thomas & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2017. "Publication Performance vs. Influence: On the Questionable Value of Quality Weighted Publication Rankings," CESifo Working Paper Series 6818, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alexander Butz & Klaus Wohlrabe, 2016. "Anmerkungen und Kritik zu den Ökonomen-Rankings 2015 von Handelsblatt, FAZ und RePEc," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 69(10), pages 37-44, May.
More about this item
Keywordspostdocs; academic career prospects; research incentives; university reforms;
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- A29 - General Economics and Teaching - - Economic Education and Teaching of Economics - - - Other
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J49 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-03-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-HRM-2012-03-21 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2012-03-21 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .