Deutsche Hochschulkarrieren im Fach Volkswirtschaftslehre. Eine deskriptive Analyse von Lebenslaufdaten
In this article we describe and analyze the career paths of academic economists employed at German universities. We construct a unique data set combining information from publicly available sources and a web-based poll. The data set covers CV information of 583 individuals that are either tenured or in their post-doc phase. This allows us to document and to analyze patterns of typical career paths and the changes of these patterns over time. Copyright 2008 die Autoren Journal compilation 2008, Verein für Socialpolitik und Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 9 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (08)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1465-6493|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=1465-6493|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg, 2002. "Studying Ourselves: The Academic Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 8965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zoghi, Cindy, 2003. "Why have public university professors done so badly?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 45-57, February.
- M. Sabatier & M. Carrere & V. Mangematin, 2006. "Profiles of Academic Activities and Careers: Does Gender Matter? An Analysis Based on French Life Scientist CVs," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 311-324, 05.
- Michael Rauber & Heinrich Ursprung, 2006.
"Evaluation of Researchers: A Life Cycle Analysis of German Academic Economists,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1673, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michael Rauber & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 2008. "Evaluation of Researchers: A Life Cycle Analysis of German Academic Economists," Conferences on New Political Economy, in: Max Albert & Stefan Voigt & Dieter Schmidtchen (ed.), Conferences on New Political Economy, edition 1, volume 25, pages 101-122(2 Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Liang Zhang, 2004.
"Do Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty Matter?,"
NBER Working Papers
10695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wendy A. Stock & John J. Siegfried, 2006.
"Where are they Now? Tracking the Ph.D. Class of 1997,"
Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers
0605, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Wendy A. Stock & John J. Siegfried, 2006. "Where Are They Now? Tracking the Ph.D. Class of 1997," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 472-488, October.
- Gordon Tullock, 1996. "Corruption Theory And Practice," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(3), pages 6-13, 07.
- Michael Bräninger & Justus Haucap, 2001. "Was Ökonomen lesen und schätzen: Ergebnisse einer Umfrage," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 2(2), pages 185-210, 05.
- Willam O. Brown, 1997. "University Governance and Academic Tenure: A Property Rights Explanation," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 153(3), pages 441-441, September.
- Michael Bräuninger & Justus Haucap, 2003. "Reputation and Relevance of Economics Journals," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 175-197, 05.
- Charles T. Clotfelter, 1999. "The Familiar but Curious Economics of Higher Education: Introduction to a Symposium," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(1), pages 3-12, Winter.
- Tsang, Mun C. & Levin, Henry M., 1989. "The economics of overeducation: Reply," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 209-209, April.
- Heinrich W. Ursprung, 2003. "Schneewittchen im Land der Klapperschlangen: Evaluation eines Evaluators," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 4(2), pages 177-190, 05.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:perwir:v:9:y:2008:i:3:p:306-328. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.