Identities, Conflicting Behavioural Norms and the Importance of Job Attributes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2000. "Economics and Identity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(3), pages 715-753.
- Carole A. Green & Marianne A. Ferber, 2005. "The Long-Run Effect of Part-Time Work," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 26(2), pages 323-333, January.
- George A. Akerlof & Rachel E. Kranton, 2005. "Identity and the Economics of Organizations," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 9-32, Winter.
- Timothy J. Gronberg & W. Robert Reed, 1994. "Estimating Workers' Marginal Willingness to Pay for Job Attributes Using Duration Data," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(3), pages 911-931.
- Hwang, Hae-shin & Reed, W Robert & Hubbard, Carlton, 1992. "Compensating Wage Differentials and Unobserved Productivity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 835-858, August.
- Hwang, Hae-shin & Mortensen, Dale T & Reed, W Robert, 1998. "Hedonic Wages and Labor Market Search," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(4), pages 815-847, October.
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- Carole Green & Marianne Ferber, 2005. "Do Detailed Work Histories Help to Explain Gender and Race/Ethnic Wage Differentials?," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 63(1), pages 55-85.
- Roland Bénabou & Jean Tirole, 2003. "Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(3), pages 489-520.
- Sendhil Mullainathan & Marianne Bertrand, 2001. "Do People Mean What They Say? Implications for Subjective Survey Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 67-72, May.
- Gerrit Mueller & Erik Plug, 2006. "Estimating the Effect of Personality on Male and Female Earnings," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 60(1), pages 3-22, October.
- Landers, Renee M & Rebitzer, James B & Taylor, Lowell J, 1996. "Rat Race Redux: Adverse Selection in the Determination of Work Hours in Law Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 329-348, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amelie F. Constant & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2011.
"Migration, Ethnicity and Economic Integration,"
Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume III, chapter 7
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2009. "Migration, Ethnicity and Economic Integration," IZA Discussion Papers 4620, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Amelie Constant & Klaus F. Zimmermann, 2009. "Migration, Ethnicity and Economic Integration," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 957, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordsrole conflict; social identity; job attributes; part-time;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4412. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .