Learning to Participate in Politics: Evidence from Jewish Expulsions in Nazi Germany
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcel Prokopczuk & Francesco D'Acunto & Michael Weber, 2015. "Distrust in Finance Lingers: Jewish Persecution and Households' Investments," 2015 Meeting Papers 26, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Gundi Knies & C. Katharina Spieß, 2007. "Regional Data in the German Socio-Economic Panel Study (SOEP)," Data Documentation 17, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Daron Acemoglu & Suresh Naidu & Pascual Restrepo & James A. Robinson, 2014. "Democracy Does Cause Growth," NBER Working Papers 20004, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dee, Thomas S., 2004. "Are there civic returns to education?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(9-10), pages 1697-1720, August.
- Mevlude Akbulut-Yuksel, 2014.
"Children of War: The Long-Run Effects of Large-Scale Physical Destruction and Warfare on Children,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 49(3), pages 634-662.
- Akbulut-Yuksel, Mevlude, 2009. "Children of War: The Long-Run Effects of Large-Scale Physical Destruction and Warfare on Children," IZA Discussion Papers 4407, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mevlude Akbulut-Yuksel, 2009. "Children of War: The Long-Run Effects of Large-Scale Physical Destruction and Warfare on Children," HiCN Working Papers 62, Households in Conflict Network.
- Kim, Young-Il & Lee, Jungmin, 2014. "The long-run impact of a traumatic experience on risk aversion," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 174-186.
- Anthony Downs, 1957. "An Economic Theory of Political Action in a Democracy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 135-135.
- Achyuta Adhvaryu & James Fenske, 2013. "War, resilience and political engagement in Africa," CSAE Working Paper Series 2013-08, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Yanagizawa-Drott, David Hans & Madestam, Andreas, 2012. "Shaping the Nation: The Effect of Fourth of July on Political Preferences and Behavior in the United States," Scholarly Articles 9396434, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Luigi Pascali, 2016.
"Banks and Development: Jewish Communities in the Italian Renaissance and Current Economic Performance,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 98(1), pages 140-158, March.
- Luigi Pascali, 2011. "Banks and development: Jewish communities in the Italian Renaissance and current economic performance," Economics Working Papers 1274, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Mar 2012.
- Pascali, Luigi, 2013. "Banks and Development: Jewish Communities in the Italian Renaissance and Current Economic Performance," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1026, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Luigi Pascali, 2012. "Banks and Development: Jewish Communities in the Italian Renaissance and Current Economic Performance," Working Papers 562, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michaela Slotwinski & Alois Stutzer, 2018. "Women Leaving the Playpen: The Emancipating Role of Female Suffrage," CESifo Working Paper Series 7002, CESifo Group Munich.
More about this item
Keywordspolitical behaviour; impressionable years; Jewish expulsions; socioeconomic status;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances; Revolutions
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
- N40 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - General, International, or Comparative
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-06-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2017-06-11 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-POL-2017-06-11 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp10778. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.