Parallel Imports and Repair Services
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jota Ishikawa & Hodaka Morita & Hiroshi Mukunoki, 2018. "Parallel Imports and Repair Services," CESifo Working Paper Series 6850, CESifo Group Munich.
- ISHIKAWA Jota & MORITA Hodaka & MUKUNOKI Hiroshi, 2015. "Parallel Imports and Repair Services," Discussion papers 15060, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
References listed on IDEAS
- Malueg, David A. & Schwartz, Marius, 1994.
"Parallel imports, demand dispersion, and international price discrimination,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(3-4), pages 167-195, November.
- Malueg, D.A. & Schwartz, M., 1993. "Parallel Imports, Demand Dispersion and International Price Discrimination," Papers 93-6, U.S. Department of Justice - Antitrust Division.
- Matteucci, Giorgio & Reverberi, Pierfrancesco, 2014. "Parallel trade, product quality, and welfare," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 122(2), pages 258-262.
- Li, Changying & Maskus, Keith E., 2006. "The impact of parallel imports on investments in cost-reducing research and development," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 443-455, March.
- Roland Strausz, 2009. "Planned Obsolescence as an Incentive Device for Unobservable Quality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 119(540), pages 1405-1421, October.
- Michael Waldman, 1996. "Planned Obsolescence and the R&D Decision," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(3), pages 583-595, Autumn.
- Raff, Horst & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2007.
"Why parallel trade may raise producers' profits,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 434-447, April.
- Raff, Horst & Schmitt, Nicolas, 2005. "Why Parallel Trade May Raise Producers' Profits," Economics Working Papers 2005-07, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Horst Raff & Nicolas Schmitt, 2005. "Why Parallel Trade may Raise Producers Profits," CESifo Working Paper Series 1503, CESifo Group Munich.
- Anderson, Simon P & Ginsburgh, Victor A, 1999.
"International Pricing with Costly Consumer Arbitrage,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 126-139, February.
- ANDERSON, Simon P. & GINSBURGH, Victor A., 1999. "International pricing with costly consumer arbitrage," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1373, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simon P. Anderson & Victor Ginsburgh, 1999. "International pricing with costly consumer arbitrage," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1699, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Richardson, Martin, 2002. "An elementary proposition concerning parallel imports," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 233-245, January.
- Choi Jay Pil, 2001. "Planned Obsolescence As A Signal of Quality," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 59-79.
- Keith E. Maskus & Yongmin Chen, 2004.
"Vertical Price Control and Parallel Imports: Theory and Evidence,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 551-570, September.
- Maskus, Keith E. & Yongmin Chen, 2000. "Vertical price control and parallel imports - theory and evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2461, The World Bank.
- Arijit Mukherjee & Laixun Zhao, 2012. "Profitable parallel trade in unionized markets," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 107(3), pages 267-276, November.
- Gene M. Grossman & Edwin L.-C. Lai, 2008. "Parallel imports and price controls," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 39(2), pages 378-402.
- Jota Ishikawa & Hodaka Morita & Hiroshi Mukunoki, 2016.
"Trade liberalization and aftermarket services for imports,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 62(4), pages 719-764, October.
- ISHIKAWA Jota & MORITA Hodaka & MUKUNOKI Hiroshi, 2014. "Trade Liberalization and Aftermarket Services for Imports," Discussion papers 14065, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Knox, Daniel & Richardson, Martin, 2003. "Trade policy and parallel imports," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 133-151, March.
- Reza Ahmadi & B. Rachel Yang, 2000. "Parallel Imports: Challenges from Unauthorized Distribution Channels," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(3), pages 279-294, March.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Toshihiro Matsumura, 2010. "Profit-Enhancing Parallel Imports," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 21(3), pages 433-447, July.
- Schwartz, Marius, 1990. "Third-Degree Price Discrimination and Output: Generalizing a Welfare Result," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1259-1262, December.
- Valletti, Tommaso M., 2006. "Differential pricing, parallel trade, and the incentive to invest," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 314-324, September.
- Fethke, Gary & Jagannathan, Raj, 2002. "Monopoly with endogenous durability," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 1009-1027, June.
- Frank Mueller‐Langer, 2012. "Parallel Trade and its Ambiguous Effects on Global Welfare," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 177-185, February.
- Ganslandt, Mattias & Maskus, Keith E., 2004.
"Parallel imports and the pricing of pharmaceutical products: evidence from the European Union,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 1035-1057, September.
- Ganslandt, Mattias & Maskus, Keith E., 2004. "Parallel Import and the Pricing of Pharmaceutical Products: Evidence from the European Union," Working Paper Series 622, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Jeremy Bulow, 1986. "An Economic Theory of Planned Obsolescence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 729-749.
- Hwang, Hong & Peng, Cheng-Hau & Shih, Pei-Cyuan, 2014. "Parallel imports, product innovation and market structures," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 237-245.
- Godfrey Yeung & Vincent Mok, 2013. "Manufacturing and Distribution Strategies, Distribution Channels, and Transaction Costs: The Case of Parallel Imported Automobiles," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 34(1), pages 44-58, January.
- Kong-Pin Chen & Hung-pin Lai & Ya-Ting Yu, 2014. "Do consumers discount parallel imports?," Asia-Pacific Journal of Accounting & Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 58-77, March.
- Jota Ishikawa, 2004. "From Segmented Markets to Integrated Markets: an Analysis of Economic Integration and Antidumping Legislation," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 706-722, September.
- Waldman, Michael, 1996. "Durable Goods Pricing When Quality Matters," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69(4), pages 489-510, October.
More about this item
Keywordsparallel imports; service discrimination; goods quality; welfare; trade liberalization;
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- D42 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Monopoly
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-10-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2017-10-29 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INT-2017-10-29 (International Trade)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:hiasdp:hias-e-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ashitjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.