Temporary Jobs and On-the-Job Training in Sweden - A Negative Nexus?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Loewenstein, Mark A & Spletzer, James R, 1998. "Dividing the Costs and Returns to General Training," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 142-171, January.
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison L. Booth & Mark L. Bryan, 2004.
"Training in Europe,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, pages 346-360.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L. & Bryan, Mark L., 2003. "Training in Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 933, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L. & Bryan, Mark L., 2003. "Training in Europe," ISER Working Paper Series 2003-23, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Booth, Alison L. & Francesconi, Marco & Frank, Jeff, 2000. "Temporary jobs: who gets them, what are they worth, and do they lead anywhere?," ISER Working Paper Series 2000-13, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- David H. Autor, 2001.
"Why Do Temporary Help Firms Provide Free General Skills Training?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1409-1448.
- David H. Autor, 2000. "Why Do Temporary Help Firms Provide Free General Skills Training?," NBER Working Papers 7637, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Pischke, Jorn-Steffen, 1999.
"Beyond Becker: Training in Imperfect Labour Markets,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages 112-142, February.
- Daron Acemoglu & Joern-Steffen Pischke, 1998. "Beyond Becker: Training in Imperfect Labor Markets," Working papers 98-12, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Daron Acemoglu & Jorn-Steffen Pischke, 1998. "Beyond Becker: Training in Imperfect Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 6740, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McIntosh, Steven, 1999.
"A cross-country comparison of the determinants of vocational training,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20213, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Steven McIntosh, 1999. "A Cross-Country Comparison of the Determinants of Vocational Training," CEP Discussion Papers dp0432, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Katz, Eliakim & Ziderman, Adrian, 1990. "Investment in General Training: The Role of Information and Labour Mobility," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(403), pages 1147-1158, December.
- Wiji Arulampalam & Alison L. Booth, 1998. "Training and Labour Market Flexibility: Is There a Trade-off?," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 36(4), pages 521-536, December.
- Eng Seng Loh, 1994. "Employment Probation as a Sorting Mechanism," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 47(3), pages 471-486, April.
- Jonker N. & Grip A. de, 1999. "Do employees with Flexible Contracts receive less Training?," ROA Research Memorandum 001, Maastricht University, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market (ROA).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reinowski, Eva & Sauermann, Jan, 2008. "Hat die Befristung von Arbeitsverträgen einen Einfluss auf die berufliche Weiterbildung geringqualifiziert beschäftigter Personen? (Does temporary employment affect the work-related training of low-sk," Zeitschrift für ArbeitsmarktForschung - Journal for Labour Market Research, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 41(4), pages 489-499.
- Sauermann, Jan, 2006. "Who Invests in Training if Contracts are Temporary? - Empirical Evidence for Germany Using Selection Correction," IWH Discussion Papers 14/2006, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Stéphanie Jamet & Thomas Chalaux & Vincent Koen, 2013. "Labour Market and Social Policies to Foster More Inclusive Growth in Sweden," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1023, OECD Publishing.
- Hilary Ingham & Mike Ingham & Jose Adelino Afonso, 2013. "Participation in lifelong learning in Portugal and the UK," Working Papers 41842845, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Ferrari, Filippo, 2011.
"Lo sviluppo delle competenze nei contesti precari
[Skills development in precariousness: the dark side of flexibility?]," MPRA Paper 33284, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Reinowski, Eva & Sauermann, Jan, 2008. "Hat die Befristung von Arbeitsverträgen einen Einfluss auf die Weiterbildung geringqualifiziert beschäftigter Personen?," IWH Discussion Papers 2/2008, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Susana Carpio & David Giuliodori & Graciana Rucci & Rodolfo Stucchi, 2011. "The Effect of Temporary Contracts on Human Capital Accumulation in Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3030, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Rita Asplund, 2005. "The Provision and Effects of Company Training: A Brief Review of the Literature," Nordic Journal of Political Economy, Nordic Journal of Political Economy, vol. 31, pages 47-73.
- Susana Carpio & David Giuliodori & Graciana Rucci & Rodolfo Stucchi, 2011. "The Effect of Temporary Contracts on Human Capital Accumulation in Chile," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 35358, Inter-American Development Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsTemporary Jobs; On-the-Job Training; Incidence; Gender;
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J40 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - General
- J50 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor-Management Relations, Trade Unions, and Collective Bargaining - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-02-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2005-02-13 (Business Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2005-02-13 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lunewp:2005_013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Edgerton). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/delunse.html .