Wider economic impacts of accessibility: a literature survey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bert Hof & Arjan Heyma & Toon Hoorn, 2012. "Comparing the performance of models for wider economic benefits of transport infrastructure: results of a Dutch case study," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(6), pages 1241-1258, November.
- Michiel Evers & Ruud A. De Mooij & Daniel J. Van Vuuren, 2005.
"What Explains the Variation in Estimates of Labour Supply Elasticities?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1633, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michiel Evers & Ruud A. de Mooij & Daniel J. van Vuuren, 2006. "What explains the Variation in Estimates of Labour Supply Elasticities?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-017/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Michiel Evers & Ruud de Mooij & Daniël van Vuuren, 2005. "What explains the variation in estimates of labour supply elasticities?," CPB Discussion Paper 51, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Mohammad, Sara I. & Graham, Daniel J. & Melo, Patricia C. & Anderson, Richard J., 2013. "A meta-analysis of the impact of rail projects on land and property values," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 158-170.
- Ward Romp & Jakob de Haan, 2007.
"Public Capital and Economic Growth: A Critical Survey,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8(s1), pages 6-52, April.
- Romp, Ward & de Haan, Jakob, 2005. "Public capital and economic growth: a critical survey," EIB Papers 2/2005, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Wagner, Alfred, 1891. "Marshall's Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 5, pages 319-338.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Ninette Pilegaard & Mogens Fosgerau, 2008.
"Cost Benefit Analysis of a Transport Improvement in the Case of Search Unemployment,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 42(1), pages 23-42, January.
- Pilegaard, Ninette & Fosgerau, Mogens, 2008. "Cost benefit-analysis of a transport improvement in the case of search unemployment," MPRA Paper 10037, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thijs Knaap & Jan Oosterhaven & LÃ³ri Tavasszy, 2001. "On the development of raem: The dutch spatial general equilibrium model and it's first application to a new railway link," ERSA conference papers ersa01p171, European Regional Science Association.
- Mera, Koichi, 1973. "II. Regional production functions and social overhead capital: An analysis of the Japanese case," Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 157-185, May.
- Chandra, Amitabh & Thompson, Eric, 2000. "Does public infrastructure affect economic activity?: Evidence from the rural interstate highway system," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 457-490, July.
- Herbert Mohring, 1961. "Land Values and the Measurement of Highway Benefits," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 236-236.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2007.
"Evaluating Urban Transport Improvements: Cost-Benefit Analysis in the Presence of Agglomeration and Income Taxation,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 41(2), pages 173-188, May.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2004. "Evaluating Urban Transport Improvements: Cost Benefit Analysis in the Presence of Agglomeration and Income Taxation," CEP Discussion Papers dp0651, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Venables, Tony, 2004. "Evaluating urban transport improvements: cost benefit analysis in the presence of agglomeration and income taxation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2205, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Graham, Daniel J., 2007. "Variable returns to agglomeration and the effect of road traffic congestion," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 103-120, July.
- Daniel Graham & Kurt Dender, 2011.
"Estimating the agglomeration benefits of transport investments: some tests for stability,"
Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 409-426, May.
- Daniel J. Graham & Kurt van Dender, 2009. "Estimating the Agglomeration Benefits of Transport Investments: Some Tests for Stability," OECD/ITF Joint Transport Research Centre Discussion Papers 2009/32, OECD Publishing.
- Brown, J David & Earle, John S, 2001. "Competition Enhancing Policies and Infrastructure: Evidence from Russia," CEPR Discussion Papers 3022, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philippe Aghion & Mark Schankerman, 2004. "On the welfare effects and political economy of competition-enhancing policies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(498), pages 800-824, October.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 2013.
"Second-best cost–benefit analysis in monopolistic competition models of urban agglomeration,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 83-92.
- Yoshitsugu Kanemoto, 2012. "Second-Best Cost-Benefit Analysis in Monopolistic Competition Models of Urban Agglomeration," GRIPS Discussion Papers 11-21, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Gutiérrez-i-Puigarnau, Eva & van Ommeren, Jos N., 2010. "Labour supply and commuting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 82-89, July.
- Ekaterina Chernobai & Michael Reibel & Michael Carney, 2011. "Nonlinear Spatial and Temporal Effects of Highway Construction on House Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 348-370, April.
- Marc J. Melitz & Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano, 2008.
"Market Size, Trade, and Productivity,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 75(1), pages 295-316.
- Marc J. Melitz & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano, 2005. "Market Size, Trade, and Productivity," Development Working Papers 201, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Marc J. Melitz & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano, 2005. "Market Size, Trade, and Productivity," NBER Working Papers 11393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco & Melitz, Marc, 2008. "Market Size, Trade, and Productivity," Scholarly Articles 3229096, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Joris Pinkse & Margaret E. Slade & Craig Brett, 2002. "Spatial Price Competition: A Semiparametric Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(3), pages 1111-1153, May.
- Barron, John M. & Taylor, Beck A. & Umbeck, John R., 2004. "Number of sellers, average prices, and price dispersion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1041-1066, November.
- Melo, Patricia C. & Graham, Daniel J. & Brage-Ardao, Ruben, 2013. "The productivity of transport infrastructure investment: A meta-analysis of empirical evidence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 695-706.
- Marc J. Melitz & Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano, 2008. "Market Size, Trade, and Productivity (DOI:10.111/j.1467-937x.2007.00463.x)," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(3), pages 985-985.
- Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Ishaq Nadiri, M., 1996.
"Public R&D policies and cost behavior of the US manufacturing industries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 57-81, December.
- Mamuneas, T.P. & Nadiri, M.I., 1993. "Public R&D Policies and Cost Behavior of the U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 93-44, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Theofanis P. Mamuneas & M. Ishaq Nadiri, 1995. "Public R&D Policies and Cost Behavior of the US Manufacturing Industries," NBER Working Papers 5059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johannes Bröcker & Jean Mercenier, 2011.
"General Equilibrium Models for Transportation Economics,"
Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Brocker J. & Mercenier J., 2008. "General equilibrium models for transportation economics," Working Papers ERMES 0807, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Hymel, Kent, 2009. "Does traffic congestion reduce employment growth?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 127-135, March.
- Efthymiou, D. & Antoniou, C., 2013. "How do transport infrastructure and policies affect house prices and rents? Evidence from Athens, Greece," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1-22.
- Moreno, Rosina & López-Bazo, Enrique & Vaya, Esther & Artís, Manuel, 2000. "External Effects And Cost Of Production," ERSA conference papers ersa00p193, European Regional Science Association.
- Knudsen, M.Aa. & Rich, J., 2013. "Ex post socio-economic assessment of the Oresund Bridge," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 53-65.
- I.P. Ottaviano, Gianmarco, 2008. "Infrastructure and economic geography: An overview of theory and evidence," EIB Papers 6/2008, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Jeffrey P. Cohen & Catherine J. Morrison Paul, 2004. "Public Infrastructure Investment, Interstate Spatial Spillovers, and Manufacturing Costs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 551-560, May.
- Melo, Patricia C. & Graham, Daniel J. & Noland, Robert B., 2009. "A meta-analysis of estimates of urban agglomeration economies," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 332-342, May.
- Elhorst, J. Paul & Oosterhaven, Jan, 2008. "Integral Cost-Benefit Analysis of Maglev Rail Projects Under Market Imperfections," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 1(1), pages 65-87.
- Simmonds, David & Feldman, Olga, 2011. "Alternative approaches to spatial modelling," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 2-11.
More about this item
KeywordsWider economic impacts; Wider economic benefits; Regional development; Cost-benefit analysis; Agglomeration; Labour supply; Labour market; Housing market; Commodity market;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-09-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2015-09-18 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-MAC-2015-09-18 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-URE-2015-09-18 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:ctswps:2015_014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CTS). General contact details of provider: http://www.cts.kth.se/ .