Wider economic impacts of accessibility: a literature survey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mera, Koichi, 1973. "II. Regional production functions and social overhead capital: An analysis of the Japanese case," Regional and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 157-185, May.
- Brown, J David & Earle, John S, 2001. "Competition Enhancing Policies and Infrastructure: Evidence from Russia," CEPR Discussion Papers 3022, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gutiérrez-i-Puigarnau, Eva & van Ommeren, Jos N., 2010. "Labour supply and commuting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 82-89, July.
- Ekaterina Chernobai & Michael Reibel & Michael Carney, 2011. "Nonlinear Spatial and Temporal Effects of Highway Construction on House Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 348-370, April.
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Melo, Patricia C. & Graham, Daniel J. & Brage-Ardao, Ruben, 2013. "The productivity of transport infrastructure investment: A meta-analysis of empirical evidence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(5), pages 695-706.
- Marc J. Melitz & Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano, 2008.
"Market Size, Trade, and Productivity,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 75(1), pages 295-316.
- Marc J. Melitz & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano, 2005. "Market Size, Trade, and Productivity," NBER Working Papers 11393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marc J. Melitz & Gianmarco I.P. Ottaviano, 2005. "Market Size, Trade, and Productivity," Development Working Papers 201, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Ottaviano, Gianmarco & Melitz, Marc, 2008. "Market Size, Trade, and Productivity," Scholarly Articles 3229096, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Mamuneas, Theofanis P. & Ishaq Nadiri, M., 1996.
"Public R&D policies and cost behavior of the US manufacturing industries,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 57-81, December.
- Mamuneas, T.P. & Nadiri, M.I., 1993. "Public R&D Policies and Cost Behavior of the U.S. Manufacturing Industries," Working Papers 93-44, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Theofanis P. Mamuneas & M. Ishaq Nadiri, 1995. "Public R&D Policies and Cost Behavior of the US Manufacturing Industries," NBER Working Papers 5059, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hymel, Kent, 2009. "Does traffic congestion reduce employment growth?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 127-135, March.
- Ninette Pilegaard & Mogens Fosgerau, 2008.
"Cost Benefit Analysis of a Transport Improvement in the Case of Search Unemployment,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 42(1), pages 23-42, January.
- Pilegaard, Ninette & Fosgerau, Mogens, 2008. "Cost benefit-analysis of a transport improvement in the case of search unemployment," MPRA Paper 10037, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michiel Evers & Ruud de Mooij & Daniël van Vuuren, 2005.
"What explains the variation in estimates of labour supply elasticities?,"
CPB Discussion Paper
51, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Michiel Evers & Ruud A. De Mooij & Daniel J. Van Vuuren, 2005. "What Explains the Variation in Estimates of Labour Supply Elasticities?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1633, CESifo Group Munich.
- Michiel Evers & Ruud A. de Mooij & Daniel J. van Vuuren, 2006. "What explains the Variation in Estimates of Labour Supply Elasticities?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 06-017/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Jeffrey P. Cohen & Catherine J. Morrison Paul, 2004. "Public Infrastructure Investment, Interstate Spatial Spillovers, and Manufacturing Costs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(2), pages 551-560, May.
- repec:eee:jotrge:v:19:y:2011:i:1:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniel Graham & Kurt Dender, 2011.
"Estimating the agglomeration benefits of transport investments: some tests for stability,"
Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 409-426, May.
- Daniel J. Graham & Kurt van Dender, 2009. "Estimating the Agglomeration Benefits of Transport Investments: Some Tests for Stability," OECD/ITF Joint Transport Research Centre Discussion Papers 2009/32, OECD Publishing.
- Simmonds, David & Feldman, Olga, 2011. "Alternative approaches to spatial modelling," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 2-11.
- Bert Hof & Arjan Heyma & Toon Hoorn, 2012. "Comparing the performance of models for wider economic benefits of transport infrastructure: results of a Dutch case study," Transportation, Springer, vol. 39(6), pages 1241-1258, November.
- Thijs Knaap & Jan Oosterhaven & LÃ³ri Tavasszy, 2001. "On the development of raem: The dutch spatial general equilibrium model and it's first application to a new railway link," ERSA conference papers ersa01p171, European Regional Science Association.
- Chandra, Amitabh & Thompson, Eric, 2000. "Does public infrastructure affect economic activity?: Evidence from the rural interstate highway system," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 457-490, July.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 2013.
"Second-best cost–benefit analysis in monopolistic competition models of urban agglomeration,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 83-92.
- Yoshitsugu Kanemoto, 2012. "Second-Best Cost-Benefit Analysis in Monopolistic Competition Models of Urban Agglomeration," GRIPS Discussion Papers 11-21, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2007.
"Evaluating Urban Transport Improvements: Cost-Benefit Analysis in the Presence of Agglomeration and Income Taxation,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 41(2), pages 173-188, May.
- Anthony J. Venables, 2004. "Evaluating Urban Transport Improvements: Cost Benefit Analysis in the Presence of Agglomeration and Income Taxation," CEP Discussion Papers dp0651, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Venables, Tony, 2004. "Evaluating urban transport improvements: cost benefit analysis in the presence of agglomeration and income taxation," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2205, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Knudsen, M.Aa. & Rich, J., 2013. "Ex post socio-economic assessment of the Oresund Bridge," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 53-65.
- Elhorst, J. Paul & Oosterhaven, Jan, 2008. "Integral Cost-Benefit Analysis of Maglev Rail Projects Under Market Imperfections," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 1(1), pages 65-87.
- Wagner, Alfred, 1891. "Marshall's Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Articles, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, vol. 5, pages 319-338.
- Philippe Aghion & Mark Schankerman, 2004. "On the welfare effects and political economy of competition-enhancing policies," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(498), pages 800-824, October.
- Joris Pinkse & Margaret E. Slade & Craig Brett, 2002. "Spatial Price Competition: A Semiparametric Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(3), pages 1111-1153, May.
- Marc J. Melitz & Gianmarco I. P. Ottaviano, 2008. "Market Size, Trade, and Productivity (DOI:10.111/j.1467-937x.2007.00463.x)," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(3), pages 985-985.
- Johannes Bröcker & Jean Mercenier, 2011.
"General Equilibrium Models for Transportation Economics,"
Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Brocker J. & Mercenier J., 2008. "General equilibrium models for transportation economics," Working Papers ERMES 0807, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Ward Romp & Jakob de Haan, 2007.
"Public Capital and Economic Growth: A Critical Survey,"
Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8(s1), pages 6-52, April.
- Romp, Ward & de Haan, Jakob, 2005. "Public capital and economic growth: a critical survey," EIB Papers 2/2005, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Efthymiou, D. & Antoniou, C., 2013. "How do transport infrastructure and policies affect house prices and rents? Evidence from Athens, Greece," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1-22.
- Moreno, Rosina & López-Bazo, Enrique & Vaya, Esther & Artís, Manuel, 2000. "External Effects And Cost Of Production," ERSA conference papers ersa00p193, European Regional Science Association.
- I.P. Ottaviano, Gianmarco, 2008. "Infrastructure and economic geography: An overview of theory and evidence," EIB Papers 6/2008, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Melo, Patricia C. & Graham, Daniel J. & Noland, Robert B., 2009. "A meta-analysis of estimates of urban agglomeration economies," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 332-342, May.
- Mohammad, Sara I. & Graham, Daniel J. & Melo, Patricia C. & Anderson, Richard J., 2013. "A meta-analysis of the impact of rail projects on land and property values," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 158-170.
- Herbert Mohring, 1961. "Land Values and the Measurement of Highway Benefits," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 236-236.
- Graham, Daniel J., 2007. "Variable returns to agglomeration and the effect of road traffic congestion," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 103-120, July.
- Barron, John M. & Taylor, Beck A. & Umbeck, John R., 2004. "Number of sellers, average prices, and price dispersion," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(8-9), pages 1041-1066, November.
More about this item
KeywordsWider economic impacts; Wider economic benefits; Regional development; Cost-benefit analysis; Agglomeration; Labour supply; Labour market; Housing market; Commodity market;
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- H40 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - General
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-09-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2015-09-18 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-MAC-2015-09-18 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-URE-2015-09-18 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:ctswps:2015_014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CTS). General contact details of provider: http://www.cts.kth.se/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.