The Role of Accessibility for the Performance of Regional Innovation Systems
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2000. "The dynamics of innovation: from National Systems and "Mode 2" to a Triple Helix of university-industry-government relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 109-123, February.
- Manfred M. Fischer, 2001. "Innovation, knowledge creation and systems of innovation," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(2), pages 199-216.
- Shunfeng Song, 1996. "Some Tests of Alternative Accessibility Measures: A Population Density Approach," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(4), pages 474-482.
- David J. Teece, 2008.
"Firm organization, industrial structure, and technological innovation,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Transfer And Licensing Of Know-How And Intellectual Property Understanding the Multinational Enterprise in the Modern World, chapter 11, pages 265-296
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J., 1996. "Firm organization, industrial structure, and technological innovation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 193-224, November.
- David J. Teece, 2003. "Firm Organization, Industrial Structure, and Technological Innovation," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 6, pages 146-185 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Clive Lawson & Edward Lorenz, 1999.
"Collective Learning, Tacit Knowledge and Regional Innovative Capacity,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 305-317.
- Clive Lawson & Edward Lorenz, 1999. "Collective Learning, Tacit Knowledge and Regional Innovative Capacity," Post-Print halshs-00483649, HAL.
- J W Weibull, 1980. "On the Numerical Measurement of Accessibility," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 12(1), pages 53-67, January.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2001.
"Knowledge Spillovers and Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 975-1005, December.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2000. "Knowledge Spillovers And Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey," ERSA conference papers ersa00p362, European Regional Science Association.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "Knowledge spillovers and local innovation systems: a critical survey," LIUC Papers in Economics 84, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Weibull, Jorgen W., 1976. "An axiomatic approach to the measurement of accessibility," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 357-379, December.
- Saviotti, Pier Paolo, 1998. "On the dynamics of appropriability, of tacit and of codified knowledge," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 843-856, April.
- Manfred M. Fischer & Attila Varga, 2001. "Production of Knowledge and Geographically Mediated Spillovers from Universities: Spatial Econometric Perspective and Evidence from Austria," ERSA conference papers ersa01p182, European Regional Science Association.
- Börje Johansson & Johan Klaesson & Michael Olsson, 2002. "Time distances and labor market integration," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 81(3), pages 305-327.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "articles: Localised knowledge spillovers vs. innovative milieux: Knowledge "tacitness" reconsidered," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 80(3), pages 255-273.
- Arne Isaksen & Bjørn T. Asheim, "undated". "Location, agglomeration and innovation: Towards regional innovation systems in Norway?," STEP Report series 199613, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
- Grimaldi, Rosa & Torrisi, Salvatore, 2001.
"Codified-tacit and general-specific knowledge in the division of labour among firms: A study of the software industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1425-1442, December.
- Salvatore Torrisi & Rosa Grimaldi, 2001. "Codified-Tacit and General-Specific Knowledge in the division of labour among firms. A study of the Software Industry," LIUC Papers in Economics 85, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Blind, Knut & Grupp, Hariolf, 1999. "Interdependencies between the science and technology infrastructure and innovation activities in German regions: empirical findings and policy consequences," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 451-468, June.
- Baptista, Rui, 2000. "Do innovations diffuse faster within geographical clusters?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 515-535, April.
- Charlie Karlsson, 1997. "Product development, innovation networks, infrastructure and agglomeration economies," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 31(3), pages 235-258.
- Meeus, Marius T.H. & Oerlemans, Leon A.G. & Dijck, Jules J.J. van, 1999. "Regional systems of innovation from within.An empirical specification of the relation between technological dynamics and interaction between multiple actors in a Dutch region," Working Papers 99.1, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Andersson, Martin & Karlsson, Charlie, 2004. "Regional Innovation Systems in Small & Medium-Sized Regions A Critical Review & Assessment," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 10, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vincent Dautel & Olivier Walther, 2014. "The geography of innovation in a small metropolitan region: An intra-regional approach in Luxembourg," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(4), pages 703-725, November.
- Johansson, Börje & Forslund, Ulla, 2005.
"The Analysis of Location, Co-location and Urbanisation Economics,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation
46, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Johansson, Börje & Forslund, Ulla, 2006. "The Analysis Of Location, Co-Location And Urbanisation Economies," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 67, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Karlsson, Charlie & Johansson, Börje, 2006. "Regional Development and Knowledge," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 76, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Rehfeld, Dieter & Terstriep, Judith, 2013. "Regionale Innovationssysteme: 20 Jahre "Regional Innovation System Studies"," Forschung Aktuell 11/2013, Institut Arbeit und Technik (IAT), Westfälische Hochschule, University of Applied Sciences.
- DAUTEL Vincent & WALTHER Olivier, 2011. "The geography of innovation in the Luxembourg metropolitan region: an intra-regional approach," LISER Working Paper Series 2011-38, LISER.
- Olof Ejermo & Urban Gråsjö, 2014. "Accessibility to R&D: a re-examination of the consequences for invention and innovation," Chapters,in: Knowledge, Innovation and Space, chapter 3, pages 51-79 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gurrieri, Antonia Rosa, 2013. "Networking entrepreneurs," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 193-204.
- Aguilera, Anne, 2008. "Business travel and mobile workers," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(8), pages 1109-1116, October.
More about this item
Keywordsaccessibility; innovation; innovation systems; knowledge; proximity; regional innovation systems;
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cesisp:0009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cekthse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.