The Role of Accessibility for the Performance of Regional Innovation Systems
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2000. "The dynamics of innovation: from National Systems and "Mode 2" to a Triple Helix of university-industry-government relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 109-123, February.
- Manfred M. Fischer, 2001. "Innovation, knowledge creation and systems of innovation," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 35(2), pages 199-216.
- Shunfeng Song, 1996. "Some Tests of Alternative Accessibility Measures: A Population Density Approach," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(4), pages 474-482.
- David J. Teece, 2008.
"Firm organization, industrial structure, and technological innovation,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Transfer And Licensing Of Know-How And Intellectual Property Understanding the Multinational Enterprise in the Modern World, chapter 11, pages 265-296
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J., 1996. "Firm organization, industrial structure, and technological innovation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 193-224, November.
- David J. Teece, 2003. "Firm Organization, Industrial Structure, and Technological Innovation," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 6, pages 146-185 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Clive Lawson & Edward Lorenz, 1999.
"Collective Learning, Tacit Knowledge and Regional Innovative Capacity,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 305-317.
- Clive Lawson & Edward Lorenz, 1999. "Collective Learning, Tacit Knowledge and Regional Innovative Capacity," Post-Print halshs-00483649, HAL.
- J W Weibull, 1980. "On the Numerical Measurement of Accessibility," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 12(1), pages 53-67, January.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2001.
"Knowledge Spillovers and Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 975-1005, December.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2000. "Knowledge Spillovers And Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey," ERSA conference papers ersa00p362, European Regional Science Association.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "Knowledge spillovers and local innovation systems: a critical survey," LIUC Papers in Economics 84, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Weibull, Jorgen W., 1976. "An axiomatic approach to the measurement of accessibility," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 357-379, December.
- Saviotti, Pier Paolo, 1998. "On the dynamics of appropriability, of tacit and of codified knowledge," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(7-8), pages 843-856, April.
- Manfred M. Fischer & Attila Varga, 2001. "Production of Knowledge and Geographically Mediated Spillovers from Universities: Spatial Econometric Perspective and Evidence from Austria," ERSA conference papers ersa01p182, European Regional Science Association.
- Börje Johansson & Johan Klaesson & Michael Olsson, 2002. "Time distances and labor market integration," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 81(3), pages 305-327.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "articles: Localised knowledge spillovers vs. innovative milieux: Knowledge "tacitness" reconsidered," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 80(3), pages 255-273.
- Arne Isaksen & Bjørn T. Asheim, "undated". "Location, agglomeration and innovation: Towards regional innovation systems in Norway?," STEP Report series 199613, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
- Grimaldi, Rosa & Torrisi, Salvatore, 2001.
"Codified-tacit and general-specific knowledge in the division of labour among firms: A study of the software industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 1425-1442, December.
- Salvatore Torrisi & Rosa Grimaldi, 2001. "Codified-Tacit and General-Specific Knowledge in the division of labour among firms. A study of the Software Industry," LIUC Papers in Economics 85, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Blind, Knut & Grupp, Hariolf, 1999. "Interdependencies between the science and technology infrastructure and innovation activities in German regions: empirical findings and policy consequences," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 451-468, June.
- Baptista, Rui, 2000. "Do innovations diffuse faster within geographical clusters?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 515-535, April.
- Charlie Karlsson, 1997. "Product development, innovation networks, infrastructure and agglomeration economies," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 31(3), pages 235-258.
- Meeus, Marius T.H. & Oerlemans, Leon A.G. & Dijck, Jules J.J. van, 1999. "Regional systems of innovation from within.An empirical specification of the relation between technological dynamics and interaction between multiple actors in a Dutch region," Working Papers 99.1, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Andersson, Martin & Karlsson, Charlie, 2004. "Regional Innovation Systems in Small & Medium-Sized Regions A Critical Review & Assessment," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 10, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vincent Dautel & Olivier Walther, 2014. "The geography of innovation in a small metropolitan region: An intra-regional approach in Luxembourg," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(4), pages 703-725, November.
- Johansson, Börje & Forslund, Ulla, 2005.
"The Analysis of Location, Co-location and Urbanisation Economics,"
Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation
46, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Johansson, Börje & Forslund, Ulla, 2006. "The Analysis Of Location, Co-Location And Urbanisation Economies," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 67, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Karlsson, Charlie & Johansson, Börje, 2006. "Regional Development and Knowledge," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 76, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Rehfeld, Dieter & Terstriep, Judith, 2013. "Regionale Innovationssysteme: 20 Jahre "Regional Innovation System Studies"," Forschung Aktuell 11/2013, Institut Arbeit und Technik (IAT), Westfälische Hochschule, University of Applied Sciences.
- DAUTEL Vincent & WALTHER Olivier, 2011. "The geography of innovation in the Luxembourg metropolitan region: an intra-regional approach," LISER Working Paper Series 2011-38, LISER.
- Olof Ejermo & Urban Gråsjö, 2014. "Accessibility to R&D: a re-examination of the consequences for invention and innovation," Chapters,in: Knowledge, Innovation and Space, chapter 3, pages 51-79 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gurrieri, Antonia Rosa, 2013. "Networking entrepreneurs," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 193-204.
- Aguilera, Anne, 2008. "Business travel and mobile workers," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(8), pages 1109-1116, October.
More about this item
Keywordsaccessibility; innovation; innovation systems; knowledge; proximity; regional innovation systems;
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:cesisp:0009. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vardan Hovsepyan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cekthse.html .