A Taxonomy of European Labour Markets Using Quality Indicators
The report proposes a critical approach of European job quality indicators. It relies on both theoreti-cal and empirical analysis, and shows the necessity to introduce complementary variables, such as wages, working conditions and training duration. Comparative results for the EU 27 confirm the heterogeneity of job quality across Europe. Besides, time series analysis shows an upward trend of job quality in Europe since 1994, with a few exceptions. On the whole empirical investigations do not reveal any trade off between quantitative performances and job quality levels.
|Date of creation:||May 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00317280|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lucie Davoine & Christine Erhel, 2007.
"La qualité de l'emploi en Europe: une approche comparative et dynamique,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Christine Erhel & Lucie Davoine, 2007. "La qualité de l'emploi en Europe : une approche comparative et dynamique," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 410(1), pages 47-69.
- Lucie Davoine & Christine Erhel, 2008. "La qualité de l'emploi en Europe : une approche comparative et dynamique," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00311365, HAL.
- Philippe Askenazy & Caroline Vincent Marcus & Ève Caroli, 2002.
"New Organizational Practices and Working Conditions . Evidence from France in the 1990's,"
Recherches économiques de Louvain,
De Boeck Université, vol. 68(1), pages 91-110.
- Askenazy, Philippe & Caroli, Eve & Marcus, Vincent, 2001. "New organizational practices and working conditions: evidence from France in the 1990s," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 0106, CEPREMAP.
- Marcus, Vincent & Askenazy, Philippe & Caroli, Eve, 2002. "New organizational practices and working conditions: evidence from France in the 1990s," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/10101, Paris Dauphine University.
- Clark, Andrew E., 2005.
"Your money or your life : changing job quality in OECD Countries,"
CEPREMAP Working Papers (Docweb)
- Andrew E. Clark, 2005. "Your Money or Your Life: Changing Job Quality in OECD Countries," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 43(3), pages 377-400, 09.
- Andrew E. Clark, 2005. "Your Money or Your Life : Changing Job Quality in OECD Countries," Post-Print halshs-00754063, HAL.
- Clark, Andrew E., 2005. "Your Money or Your Life: Changing Job Quality in OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 1610, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andrew E. Clark, 2004. "Your money or your life: Changing job quality in OECD countries," DELTA Working Papers 2004-31, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Hall, Peter A. & Soskice, David (ed.), 2001. "Varieties of Capitalism: The Institutional Foundations of Comparative Advantage," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199247752.
- Jackson, Gregory & Deeg, Richard, 2006. "How Many Varieties of Capitalism? Comparing the Comparative Institutional Analyses of Capitalist Diversity," MPIfG Discussion Paper 06/2, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Bauer, Thomas K., 2004. "High Performance Workplace Practices and Job Satisfaction: Evidence from Europe," IZA Discussion Papers 1265, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Clive Belfield & R. D. F. Harris, 2002. "How well do theories of job matching explain variations in job satisfaction across education levels? Evidence for UK graduates," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 535-548.
- Boone, J. & van Ours, J.C., 2006.
"Are recessions good for workplace safety?,"
Other publications TiSEM
1bf0f677-8071-4434-982c-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Geoffrey M. Hodgson, 1998. "The Approach of Institutional Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 166-192, March.
- Robert Boyer, 2006. "Employment and decent work in the era of flexicurity," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590452, HAL.
- Clark, Andrew E., 1999. "Are wages habit-forming? evidence from micro data," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 179-200, June.
- Kevin Lang & Sumon Majumdar, 2004. "The Pricing Of Job Characteristics When Markets Do Not Clear: Theory And Policy Implications," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1111-1128, November.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00317280. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.