Effectiveness of food subsidies in raising healthy food consumption: Public distribution of pulses in India:
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Chakrabarti, Suman & Avinash, Kishore & Devesh, Roy, 2016. "Effectiveness of Food Subsidies in Raising Healthy Food Consumption: Public Distribution of Pulses in India," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235649, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kishore, Avinash & Chakrabarti, Suman, 2015. "Is more inclusive more effective? The â€œnew-styleâ€ public distribution system in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 1421, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- He, Hui & Locke, Peter, 2011. "Global trends in real risk free rates," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 53-63, January.
- Pratap Singh Birthal & Pramod Kumar Joshi & Devesh Roy & Amit Thorat, 2013. "Diversification in Indian Agriculture toward High-Value Crops: The Role of Small Farmers," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 61(1), pages 61-91, March.
- Shimokawa, Satoru, 2010. "Nutrient Intake of the Poor and its Implications for the Nutritional Effect of Cereal Price Subsidies: Evidence from China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 1001-1011, July.
- Reetika Khera, 2011. "Trends in Diversion of PDS Grain," Working Papers id:3793, eSocialSciences.
- Maurizio Mazzocco & Shiv Saini, 2012. "Testing Efficient Risk Sharing with Heterogeneous Risk Preferences," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(1), pages 428-468, February.
- Jha, Raghbendra & Gaiha, Raghav & Pandey, Manoj K. & Kaicker, Nidhi, 2013.
"Food subsidy, income transfer and the poor: A comparative analysis of the public distribution system in India's states,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 887-908.
- Raghbendra Jha & Raghav Gaiha & Manoj K. Pandey & Nidhi Kaicker, 2011. "Food Subsidy, Income Transfer and the Poor: A Comparative Analysis of the Public Distribution System in India's States," ASARC Working Papers 2011-16, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Kishore, Avinash & Chakrabarti, Suman, 2015. "Is more inclusive more effective? The ‘New Style’ public distribution system in India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 117-130.
- Tarozzi, Alessandro, 2005. "The Indian Public Distribution System as provider of food security: Evidence from child nutrition in Andhra Pradesh," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 1305-1330, July.
- K, S Chalapati Rao & Dhar, Biswajit, 2011. "India's FDI Inflows: Trends and Concepts," MPRA Paper 29153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Robert T. Jensen & Nolan H. Miller, 2011. "Do Consumer Price Subsidies Really Improve Nutrition?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 93(4), pages 1205-1223, November.
- Ecker, Olivier & Qaim, Matin, 2011. "Analyzing Nutritional Impacts of Policies: An Empirical Study for Malawi," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 412-428, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- P.K. Joshi & Avinash Kishore & Devesh Roy, 2016.
"Making Pulses Affordable Again: Policy Options from the Farm to Retail in India,"
- Joshi, Pramod Kumar & Kishore, Avinash & Roy, Devesh, 2016. "Making pulses affordable again: Policy options from the farm to retail in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 1555, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Susan Godlonton & Manuel A Hernandez & Mike Murphy, 2018.
"Anchoring Bias in Recall Data: Evidence from Central America,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 100(2), pages 479-501.
- Godlonton, Susan & Hernandez, Manuel A. & Murphy, Mike, 2016. "Anchoring bias in recall data: Evidence from Central America:," IFPRI discussion papers 1534, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Susan Godlonton & Manuel A. Hernandez & Mike Murphy, 2016. "Anchoring Bias in Recall Data: Evidence from Central America," Department of Economics Working Papers 2016-11, Department of Economics, Williams College.
More about this item
Keywordssubsidies; pulses; public distribution system; public services;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-08-21 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2016-08-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2016-08-21 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fpr:ifprid:1523. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifprius.html .