Safety Nets for Food and Nutritional Security in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christopher Garroway, 2013. "How much do small old age pensions and widow’s pensions help the poor in India?," Development Papers 1306, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) South and South-West Asia Office.
- Powell-Jackson, Timothy & Mazumdar, Sumit & Mills, Anne, 2015. "Financial incentives in health: New evidence from India's Janani Suraksha Yojana," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 154-169.
- Kozicka, Marta & Kalkuhl, Matthias & Saini, Shweta & Brockhaus, Jan, 2014. "Modeling Indian Wheat and Rice Sector Policies," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169808, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Barrett, Christopher B., 2002. "Food security and food assistance programs," Handbook of Agricultural Economics,in: B. L. Gardner & G. C. Rausser (ed.), Handbook of Agricultural Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 40, pages 2103-2190 Elsevier.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 1992. "Workfare versus Welfare Incentive Arguments for Work Requirements in Poverty-Alleviation Programs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(1), pages 249-261, March.
- Puja Dutta & Stephen Howes & Rinku Murgai, 2010. "Small but effective: India's targeted unconditional cash transfers," ASARC Working Papers 2010-18, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Afridi, Farzana, 2010. "Child welfare programs and child nutrition: Evidence from a mandated school meal program in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 152-165, July.
- repec:ucp:ecdecc:doi:10.1086/694033 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martin Ravallion, 2003.
"Targeted transfers in poor countries : revisiting the trade-offs and policy options,"
Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes
27869, The World Bank.
- Ravallion, Martin, 2003. "Targeted transfers in poor countries : revisiting the tradeoffs and policy options," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3048, The World Bank.
- Abhijeet Singh & Albert Park & Stefan Dercon, 2014.
"School Meals as a Safety Net: An Evaluation of the Midday Meal Scheme in India,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(2), pages 275-306.
- Dercon, Stefan & Park, Albert & Singh, Abhijeet, 2012. "School Meals as a Safety Net: An Evaluation of the Midday Meal Scheme in India," CEPR Discussion Papers 9031, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Reetika Khera, 2011. "India's Public Distribution System: Utilisation and Impact," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(7), pages 1038-1060.
- Prasad Krishnamurthy & Vikram Pathania & Sharad Tandon, 2017.
"Food Price Subsidies and Nutrition: Evidence from State Reforms to India’s Public Distribution System,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 66(1), pages 55-90.
- Krishnamurthy, Prasad & Pathania, Vikram & Tandon, Sharad, 2014. "Food Price Subsidies and Nutrition: Evidence from State Reforms to India's Public Distribution System," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 169753, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Dey, S., 2010. "Evaluating India's national rural employment guarantee scheme," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18703, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Reetika Khera, 2011. "Trends in Diversion of PDS Grain," Working Papers id:3793, eSocialSciences.
- Jean Drèze & Reetika Khera, 2013. "Rural Poverty And The Public Distribution System," Working papers 235, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Das, Upasak, 2015. "Does Political Activism and Affiliation Affect Allocation of Benefits in the Rural Employment Guarantee Program: Evidence from West Bengal, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 202-217.
- K. Subbarao, 1997. "Public Works as an Anti-Poverty Program: An Overview of Cross-Country Experience," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 678-683.
- Tarozzi, Alessandro, 2005. "The Indian Public Distribution System as provider of food security: Evidence from child nutrition in Andhra Pradesh," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 1305-1330, July.
- Kumar, Praduman & Joshi, P.K., 2013. "Household Consumption Pattern and Nutritional Security among Poor Rural Households: Impact of MGNREGA," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 26(1), June.
- Arvind Panagariya & Vishal More, 2014. "Poverty by social, religious and economic groups in India and its largest states: 1993-1994 to 2011-2012," Indian Growth and Development Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 202-230, November.
More about this item
- H5 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies
- H7 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fsc:fspubl:37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Barbara van der Hout) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Barbara van der Hout to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ledlonl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.