School Meals as a Safety Net: An Evaluation of the Midday Meal Scheme in India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Dercon, Stefan & Park, Albert & Singh, Abhijeet, 2012. "School Meals as a Safety Net: An Evaluation of the Midday Meal Scheme in India," CEPR Discussion Papers 9031, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hanan G. Jacoby, 2002. "Is There an Intrahousehold "Flypaper Effect"? Evidence From a School Feeding Programme," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(476), pages 196-221, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gentilini,Ugo, 2016. "The revival of the"cash versus food"debate : new evidence for an old quandary ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7584, The World Bank.
- Tandon, Sharad & Landes, Maurice & Christensen, Cheryl & LeGrand, Steven & Broussard, Nzinga & Farrin, Katie & Thome, Karen, 2017. "Progress and Challenges in Global Food Security," Economic Information Bulletin 262131, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Farzana Afridi & Bidisha Barooah & Rohini Somanathan, 2016.
"Student responses to the changing content of school meals in India,"
264, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Farzana Afridi & Bidisha Barooah & Rohini Somanathan, 2016. "Student Responses to the Changing Content of School Meals in India," Working Papers id:11427, eSocialSciences.
- Alderman, Harold, 2014. "Can transfer programs be made more nutrition sensitive?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1342, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:spr:demogr:v:55:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s13524-018-0669-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Manisha Shah & Bryce Millett Steinberg, 2017.
"Drought of Opportunities: Contemporaneous and Long-Term Impacts of Rainfall Shocks on Human Capital,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 125(2), pages 527-561.
- Manisha Shah & Bryce Millett Steinberg, 2013. "Drought of Opportunities: Contemporaneous and Long Term Impacts of Rainfall Shocks on Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 19140, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shah, Manisha & Millett Steinberg, Bryce, 2015. "Drought of Opportunities: Contemporaneous and Long-Term Impacts of Rainfall Shocks on Human Capital," IZA Discussion Papers 9440, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Sudha Narayanan & Nicolas Gerber, 2015.
"Social safety nets for food and nutritional security in India,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2015-031, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Sudha Narayanan, 2016. "Social Safety Nets for Food and Nutritional Security in India," Working Papers id:8758, eSocialSciences.
- Narayanan, Sudha & Gerber, Nicolas, 2016. "Social Safety Nets for Food and Nutritional Security in India," Working Papers 229611, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Jessica Leight & Paul Glewwe & Albert Park, 2015. "The Impact of Early Childhood Rainfall Shocks on the Evolution of Cognitive and Non-cognitive Skills," Department of Economics Working Papers 2016-14, Department of Economics, Williams College, revised Oct 2016.
- Gentilini, Ugo, 2014. "Our daily bread : what is the evidence on comparing cash versus food transfers?," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 89502, The World Bank.
- Chakraborty, Tanika & Jayaraman, Rajshri, 2016. "School Feeding and Learning Achievement: Evidence from India's Midday Meal Program," IZA Discussion Papers 10086, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Alderman, Harold & Walker, Susan P., 2014. "Improving resilience to nutritional shocks:," IFPRI book chapters,in: Fan, Shenggen & Pandya-Lorch, Rajul & Yosef, Sivan (ed.), 2013 Global Food Policy Report, chapter 12 International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:eee:injoed:v:62:y:2018:i:c:p:245-253 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Pierre Tranchant & Patricia Justino & Cathérine Müller, 2014. "Political Violence, Drought and Child Malnutrition: Empirical Evidence from Andhra Pradesh, India," HiCN Working Papers 173, Households in Conflict Network.
- Sudha Narayanan Narayanan & Nicolas Gerber, 2016. "Safety Nets for Food and Nutritional Security in India," FOODSECURE Working papers 37, LEI Wageningen UR.
- repec:eaa:aeinde:v:18:y:2018:i:1_10 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shiladitya Chatterjee & Amitava Mukherjee & Raghbendra Jha, 2010. "Approaches to Combat Hunger in Asia and the Pacific," MPDD Working Paper Series WP/10/10, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- Tanika Chakraborty & Rajshri Jayaraman, 2016. "School Feeding and Learning Achievement: Evidence from India's Midday Meal Program," CESifo Working Paper Series 5994, CESifo Group Munich.
- Porter, Catherine & Goyal, Radhika, 2016. "Social protection for all ages? Impacts of Ethiopia’s Productive Safety Net Program on child nutrition," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 159(C), pages 92-99.
- Eli Berman & Mitch Downey & Joseph Felter, 2016. "Expanding Governance as Development: Evidence on Child Nutrition in the Philippines," NBER Working Papers 21849, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rohini Somanathan & Bidisha Barooah & Farzana Afridi, 2016.
"The Mixture as Before? Student Responses to the Changing Content of School Meals in India,"
- Afridi, Farzana & Barooah, Bidisha & Somanathan, Rohini, 2016. "The Mixture as Before? Student Responses to the Changing Content of School Meals in India," IZA Discussion Papers 9924, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:8:p:2753-:d:161900 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abhijeet Singh, 2014. "Emergence and evolution of learning gaps across countries: Linked panel evidence from Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam," CSAE Working Paper Series 2014-28, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:111:y:2018:i:c:p:211-224 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:98:y:2017:i:c:p:555-572 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:doi:10.1086/674097. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.