Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act: A Catalyst for Rural Transformation
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thorat, Amit & Vanneman, Reeve & Desai, Sonalde & Dubey, Amaresh, 2017. "Escaping and Falling into Poverty in India Today," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 413-426.
- Jintao Li & Yuanyuan Yang & Ning Jiang, 2017. "County-Rural Transformation Development from Viewpoint of “Population-Land-Industry” in Beijing-Tianjin-Hebei Region under the Background of Rapid Urbanization," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(9), pages 1-13, September.
- Deininger, Klaus & Nagarajan, Hari K & Singh, Sudhir K, 2020. "Women's political leadership and economic empowerment: Evidence from public works in India," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 277-291.
- Martin Ravallion, 2021. "On the Gains from Tradeable Benefits-in-Kind," Working Papers gueconwpa~21-21-13, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Martin Ravallion, 2019. "Is a Decentralized Right-to-Work Policy Feasible?," NBER Working Papers 25687, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kartik Misra, 2019. "No Employment without Participation : An Evaluation of India's Employment Program in Eastern Uttar Pradesh," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2019-13, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Thiemo Fetzer, 2020.
"Can Workfare Programs Moderate Conflict? Evidence from India,"
Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 18(6), pages 3337-3375.
- Fetzer, Thiemo, 2019. "Can Workfare Programs Moderate Conflict? Evidence from India," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 436, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Basu, Parantap & Sen, Kunal, 2015.
"Welfare Implications of India's Employment Guarantee Programme with a Wage Payment Delay,"
IZA Discussion Papers
9454, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Parantap Basu & Kunal Sen, 2015. "Welfare Implications of the Indian Employment Guarantee Programme with a Wage Payment Delay," CEGAP Working Papers 2015_01, Durham University Business School.
- Parantap Basu & Rajesh Raj Natarajan & Kunal Sen, 2020. "Administrative failures in anti-poverty programmes and household welfare: An investigation of India's employment guarantee programme," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2020-41, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ravallion, Martin, 2019. "Guaranteed employment or guaranteed income?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 209-221.
- Das, Upasak & Maiorano, Diego, 2019. "Post-clientelistic initiatives in a patronage democracy: The distributive politics of India’s MGNREGA," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 239-252.
- Megan Reed, 2020. "The labor force participation of Indian women before and after widowhood," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 43(24), pages 673-706.
- Brajaraja Mishra, 2020. "Horticultural Development in Convergence with MGNREGS in Tribal Areas of Andhra Pradesh," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 63(3), pages 815-831, September.
- Veeraraghavan, Rajesh, 2017. "Strategies for Synergy in a High Modernist Project: Two Community Responses to India’s NREGA Rural Work Program," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 203-213.
- Deininger,Klaus W. & Nagarajan,Hari Krishnan & Singh,Sudhir K. & Deininger,Klaus W. & Nagarajan,Hari Krishnan & Singh,Sudhir K., 2016. "Short-term effects of India's employment guarantee program on labor markets and agricultural productivity," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7665, The World Bank.
- Amaresh Dubey & Wendy Olsen & Kunal Sen, 2017. "The Decline in the Labour Force Participation of Rural Women in India: Taking a Long-Run View," The Indian Journal of Labour Economics, Springer;The Indian Society of Labour Economics (ISLE), vol. 60(4), pages 589-612, December.
- Parmar, Divya & Banerjee, Aneesh, 2019. "Impact of an employment guarantee scheme on utilisation of maternal healthcare services: Results from a natural experiment in India," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 222(C), pages 285-293.
- Fetzer, Thiemo, 2019. "Can Workfare Programs Moderate Conﬂict? Evidence from India," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1220, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Sanghmitra S Acharya & Gobinda C Pal, 2017. "Implementation of Social Protection Programmes in India : Gaps and Challenges," Southern Voice Occasional Paper 40, Southern Voice.
- Ranjan, Ram, 2019. "Assessing the impact of mining on deforestation in India," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 23-35.
- Ahmad M. Khalid & Seema Sharma & Amlendu K. Dubey, 2018. "Developing an indicator set for measuring sustainable development in India," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 42(3), pages 185-200, August.
- Deininger, Klaus & Liu, Yanyan, 2019. "Heterogeneous welfare impacts of National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme: Evidence from Andhra Pradesh, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 98-111.
- Drèze, Jean & Khera, Reetika, 2017. "Recent Social Security Initiatives in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 555-572.
- Khetwani Sagar & Singh Ram Babu & Moin Khusro, 2020. "Impact of drought, farmers’ adaptation strategies and administrative mitigation measure in the Marathwada region, India," Environmental & Socio-economic Studies, Sciendo, vol. 8(2), pages 1-11, June.
More about this item
KeywordsMatama Gandhi National Rural Employment Act; MGNREGA; rural transformation; labour markets; programmes; rural; income security; poverty;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:7259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Padma Prakash (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.