Food Subsidy, Income Transfer and the Poor: A Comparative Analysis of the Public Distribution System in India's States
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jha, Raghbendra & Gaiha, Raghav & Pandey, Manoj K. & Kaicker, Nidhi, 2013. "Food subsidy, income transfer and the poor: A comparative analysis of the public distribution system in India's states," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 887-908.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kochar, Anjini, 2005. "Can Targeted Food Programs Improve Nutrition? An Empirical Analysis of India's Public Distribution System," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 203-235, October.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Reetika Khera, 2011. "India's Public Distribution System: Utilisation and Impact," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(7), pages 1038-1060.
- Karami, Ayatollah & Esmaeili, Abdoulkarim & Najafi, Bahadin, 2012. "Assessing effects of alternative food subsidy reform in Iran," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 788-799.
- Strauss, John & Thomas, Duncan, 1995. "Human resources: Empirical modeling of household and family decisions," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 34, pages 1883-2023 Elsevier.
- Saleth, R. Maria & Dinar, Ariel, 2009. "The Impact of Multiple Policy Interventions on Food Security," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 923-938, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maitra, Chandana & Rao, D.S. Prasada, 2015.
"Poverty–Food Security Nexus: Evidence from a Survey of Urban Slum Dwellers in Kolkata,"
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 308-325.
- Chandana Maitra & Prof. D.S Prasada Rao, 2014. "Poverty-Food Security Nexus: Evidences from a Survey of Urban Slum Dwellers in Kolkata," Discussion Papers Series 512, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Marga Peeters & Ronald Albers, 2013.
"Food Prices, Government Subsidies and Fiscal Balances in South Mediterranean Countries,"
Development Policy Review,
Overseas Development Institute, vol. 31(3), pages 273-290, May.
- Peeters, Marga & Albers, Ronald, 2011. "Food prices, government subsidies and fiscal balances in south Mediterranean countries," MPRA Paper 37707, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Mar 2012.
- Kishore, Avinash & Chakrabarti, Suman, 2015. "Is more inclusive more effective? The â€œnew-styleâ€ public distribution system in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 1421, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Masiero, Silvia, 2015. "Redesigning the Indian Food Security System through E-Governance: The Case of Kerala," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 126-137.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:40:y:2017:i:8:p:1547-1568 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kishore, Avinash & Chakrabarti, Suman, 2015. "Is more inclusive more effective? The ‘New Style’ public distribution system in India," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 117-130.
- Chakrabarti, Suman & Kishore, Avinash & Roy, Devesh, 2016.
"Effectiveness of food subsidies in raising healthy food consumption: Public distribution of pulses in India:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1523, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Chakrabarti, Suman & Avinash, Kishore & Devesh, Roy, 2016. "Effectiveness of Food Subsidies in Raising Healthy Food Consumption: Public Distribution of Pulses in India," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235649, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:39:y:2017:i:5:p:827-842 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:40:y:2018:i:2:p:265-283 is not listed on IDEAS
- Anderson, Kym & Strutt, Anna, 2014.
"Food security policy options for China: Lessons from other countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 50-58.
- Kym Anderson & Anna Strutt, 2014. "Food security policy options for China: lessons from other countries," Departmental Working Papers 2014-11, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Bhagowalia, Priya & Chandna, Arjita, 2016. "Food Subsidies and Nutritional Status: Evidence from ICRISAT Data," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, 2016, Boston, Massachusetts 235760, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Das, Mousumi & Sharma, Ajay & Babu, Suresh Chandra, 2017. "Pathways from agriculture to nutrition in India: Implications for sustainable development goals," IFPRI discussion papers 1649, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsTargeted Public Distribution System; Food subsidy; Targeting Errors;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- H42 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Publicly Provided Private Goods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pas:asarcc:2011-16. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raghbendra Jha) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.