The Impact of Multiple Policy Interventions on Food Security
The impact of a program or policy intervention is influenced by the impact synergies from other programs and policies, and by the role of underlying institutions. This fact, though known, has not been formally treated in existing literature. This paper addresses this gap by developing a framework that evaluates together the impact synergies among multiple programs and the impact mediation roles of different institutions within the same analytical context. An application of this framework in the Sri Lankan context provides numerical evidence for the flow of impact synergies among three water and agriculture-related development programs and the roles of eleven different institutions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Hausman, Jerry A, 1978. "Specification Tests in Econometrics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(6), pages 1251-1271, November.
- J. A. Hausman, 1976. "Specification Tests in Econometrics," Working papers 185, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Barrett, Scott & Graddy, Kathryn, 2000. "Freedom, growth, and the environment," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(04), pages 433-456, October.
- Saleth, R. Maria & Dinar, Ariel, 2008. "Linkages within institutional structure: an empirical analysis of water institutions," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 375-401, December.
- R. Maria Saleth & Ariel Dinar, 2004. "The Institutional Economics of Water : A Cross-Country Analysis of Institutions and Performance," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14884, May.
- Saleth, R. Maria & Dinar, Ariel, 2008. "Quantifying institutional impacts and development synergies in water resource programs : a methodology with application to the Kala Oya basin, Sri Lanka," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4498, The World Bank. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)