Modernisation of urban water services management in Europe and prospects for sustainability: an analysis in terms of institutional resource regimes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Elinor Ostrom, 2010.
"Beyond Markets and States: Polycentric Governance of Complex Economic Systems,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 641-672, June.
- Ostrom, Elinor, 2009. "Beyond Markets and States: Polycentric Governance of Complex Economic Systems," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2009-4, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Baumol, William J & Panzar, John C & Willig, Robert D, 1983. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure: Reply," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 491-496, June.
- Wright, Stuart A.L. & Fritsch, Oliver, 2011. "Operationalising active involvement in the EU Water Framework Directive: Why, when and how?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2268-2274.
- Brousseau, Eric & Schemeil, Yves & Sgard, Jérôme, 2010.
"Bargaining on law and bureaucracies: A constitutional theory of development,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 253-266, September.
- Eric Brousseau & Yves Schemeil & Jérôme Sgard, 2010. "Bargaining on Law and Bureaucracies: A Constitutional Theory of Development," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/4vc7skecu3q, Sciences Po.
- Eric Brousseau & Yves Schemeil & Jérôme Sgard, 2010. "Bargaining on Law and Bureaucracies: A Constitutional Theory of Development," Post-Print hal-01052975, HAL.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/4vc7skecu3q7u7s984pgpg64m is not listed on IDEAS
- Éric Brousseau & Antonio Nicita, 2010. "How to design institutional frameworks for markets. New institutional economics meet the needs of industrial organization," Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 87-118.
- Saleth, R. Maria & Dinar, Ariel, 2008. "Linkages within institutional structure: an empirical analysis of water institutions," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(3), pages 375-401, December.
- Barzel, Yoram, 1982. "Measurement Cost and the Organization of Markets," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 25(1), pages 27-48, April.
- Zuindeau, Bertrand, 2007. "Regulation School and environment: Theoretical proposals and avenues of research," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 281-290, April.
- Yvan Renou, 2010. "The Governance of Water Services in Developing Countries: An Analysis in Terms of Action Stratification," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(1), pages 113-138.
- Dominique Lorrain, 2005. "Urban Capitalisms: European Models in Competition," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 231-267, June.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7098 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. Maria Saleth & Ariel Dinar, 2004. "The Institutional Economics of Water : A Cross-Country Analysis of Institutions and Performance," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14884, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Thomas Bolognesi, 2014.
"The paradox of the modernisation of urban water systems in Europe: Intrinsic institutional limits for sustainability,"
Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(4), pages 270-281, November.
- Thomas Bolognesi, 2014. "The paradox of the modernisation of urban water systems in Europe: Intrinsic institutional limits for sustainability," Post-Print halshs-01069895, HAL.
- Haucap, Justus, 2017. "The rule of law and the emergence of market exchange: A new institutional economic perspective," DICE Discussion Papers 276, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Bruszt, Laszlo & Campos, Nauro F., 2018. "Economic Integration and State Capacity: Evidence from the Eastern Enlargement of the European Union," IZA Discussion Papers 11782, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hailu, Reta & Tolossa, Degefa, 2020. "Multi-stakeholder platforms: Institutional options to achieve water security in the awash basin of Ethiopia," World Development Perspectives, Elsevier, vol. 19(C).
- Saleth, Rathinasamy Maria, 2008. "Quantifying institutional impacts and development synergies in water resource programs: a methodology with application to the Kala Oya Basin, Sri Lanka," IWMI Working Papers H040790, International Water Management Institute.
- Thomas Bolognesi, 2014.
"Analyse structurelle des systèmes hydriques urbains en Europe : aspects organisationnels et défis patrimoniaux,"
Revue d'économie industrielle, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(3), pages 51-86.
- Thomas Bolognesi, 2014. "Analyse structurelle des systèmes hydriques urbains en Europe : aspects organisationnels et défis patrimoniaux," Post-Print hal-01079092, HAL.
- Thomas Bolognesi, 2012. "Le système hydrique urbain : une grille d'analyse originale pour qualifier les défis de la gestion de l'eau dans les villes européennes," Post-Print halshs-00719372, HAL.
- Gary D. Libecap, 2014. "Addressing Global Environmental Externalities: Transaction Costs Considerations," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 52(2), pages 424-479, June.
- Ram RANJAN, 2014. "Groundwater Management Through Collective Participation: Why Some Institutions Succeed And Others Fail?," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(3), pages 427-452, September.
- Saleth, R. Maria & Dinar, Ariel, 2009. "The Impact of Multiple Policy Interventions on Food Security," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 923-938, November.
- Moeliono, Moira & Brockhaus, Maria & Gallemore, Caleb & Dwisatrio, Bimo & Maharani, Cynthia D. & Muharrom, Efrian & Pham, Thuy Thu, 2020. "REDD+ in Indonesia: A new mode of governance or just another project?," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(C).
- Górriz-Mifsud, Elena & Olza Donazar, Luis & Montero Eseverri, Eduardo & Marini Govigli, Valentino, 2019. "The challenges of coordinating forest owners for joint management," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 100-109.
- Martin G. Kocher & Fangfang Tan & Jing Yu, 2018.
"Providing Global Public Goods: Electoral Delegation And Cooperation,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 56(1), pages 381-397, January.
- Martin G. Kocher & Fangfang Tan & Jing Yu, 2014. "Providing global public goods: Electoral delegation and cooperation," Working Papers tax-mpg-rps-2014-12_2, Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Tan, Fangfang & Yu, Jing, 2014. "Providing global public goods: Electoral delegation and cooperation," Discussion Papers in Economics 21163, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Martin G. Kocher & Fanagfang Tan & Jing Yu, 2014. "Providing global public goods: Electoral delegation and cooperation," QuBE Working Papers 027, QUT Business School.
- Kocher, Martin G. & Tan, Fangfang & Yu, Jing, 2018. "Providing Global Public Goods: Electoral Delegation And Cooperation," Munich Reprints in Economics 62833, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Dinar, Ariel, 2012. "Economy-wide implications of direct and indirect policy interventions in the water sector: lessons from recent work and future research needs," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6068, The World Bank.
- Glachant, Jean-Michel & Pignon, Virginie, 2005. "Nordic congestion's arrangement as a model for Europe? Physical constraints vs. economic incentives," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 153-162, June.
- Jorge M. Streb & Gustavo Torrens, 2011. "Meaningful talk," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 443, Universidad del CEMA, revised May 2017.
- Gerard Marty & Raphaele Preget, 2007. "A Socio-economic Analysis of French Public Timber Sales," Working Papers - Cahiers du LEF 2007-03, Laboratoire d'Economie Forestiere, AgroParisTech-INRA.
- Thomas Vendryes, 2014.
"Peasants Against Private Property Rights: A Review Of The Literature,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(5), pages 971-995, December.
- Thomas Vendryes, 2014. "Peasants against private property rights: a review of the literature," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) hal-00783786, HAL.
- Thomas Vendryes, 2014. "Peasants against private property rights: a review of the literature," Post-Print hal-00783786, HAL.
- Thomas Vendryes, 2014. "Peasants against private property rights: a review of the literature," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00783786, HAL.
- Van Der Merwe, M. & Kirsten, J. & Trienekens, J., 2018. "Aligning enforcement and governance mechanisms to protect and govern food products with a protected designation of origin," 2018 Conference, July 28-August 2, 2018, Vancouver, British Columbia 277232, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Meyer, Camille, 2020. "The commons: A model for understanding collective action and entrepreneurship in communities," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 35(5).
More about this item
KeywordsMODERNISATION; URBAN WATER SYSTEM; INSTITUTIONAL SYSTEM; EUROPE;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-09-08 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-01058059. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.