Operationalising active involvement in the EU Water Framework Directive: Why, when and how?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Giorgos Kallis & Nuno Videira & Paula Antunes & Ã‚ngela GuimarÃ£es Pereira & Clive L Spash & Harry Coccossis & Serafin Corral Quintana & Leandro del Moral & Dionisia Hatzilacou & GonÃ§alo Lobo & Alexa, 2006.
"Participatory Methods for Water Resources Planning,"
Environment and Planning C,
, vol. 24(2), pages 215-234, April.
- Giorgos Kallis & Nuno Videira & Paula Antunes & Ângela Guimarães Pereira & Clive L Spash & Harry Coccossis & Serafin Corral Quintana & Leandro del Moral & Dionisia Hatzilacou & Gonçalo Lobo & Alexandr, 2006. "Participatory methods for water resources planning," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(2), pages 215-234, April.
- R. Turner, 2007. "Limits to CBA in UK and European environmental policy: retrospects and future prospects," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 37(1), pages 253-269, May.
- Pahl-Wostl, Claudia & Tabara, David & Bouwen, Rene & Craps, Marc & Dewulf, Art & Mostert, Erik & Ridder, Dagmar & Taillieu, Tharsi, 2008. "The importance of social learning and culture for sustainable water management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 484-495, January.
- Thomas C. Beierle & David M. Konisky, 2000. "Values, conflict, and trust in participatory environmental planning," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 587-602.
- Roy Brouwer, 2008. "The potential role of stated preference methods in the Water Framework Directive to assess disproportionate costs," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(5), pages 597-614.
- Luigi Pellizzoni, 2003. "Uncertainty and Participatory Democracy," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 12(2), pages 195-224, May.
- Vatn, Arild, 2005. "Rationality, institutions and environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 203-217, November.
- Sagoff, M., 1998. "Aggregation and deliberation in valuing environmental public goods:: A look beyond contingent pricing," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2-3), pages 213-230, February.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L., 1992. "Valuing public goods: The purchase of moral satisfaction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 57-70, January.
- A Jordan, 1999. "The implementation of EU environmental policy: a policy problem without a political solution?," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 17(1), pages 69-90, February.
- Ian J. Bateman & Richard T. Carson & Brett Day & Michael Hanemann & Nick Hanley & Tannis Hett & Michael Jones-Lee & Graham Loomes, 2002. "Economic Valuation with Stated Preference Techniques," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2639, April.
- Vatn, Arild, 2009. "An institutional analysis of methods for environmental appraisal," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2207-2215, June.
- Julio Berbel & Julia Martin-Ortega & Pascual Mesa, 2011. "A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Water-Saving Measures for the Water Framework Directive: the Case of the Guadalquivir River Basin in Southern Spain," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 25(2), pages 623-640, January.
- Arild Vatn, 2005. "Institutions and the Environment," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2826, April.
- A Jordan, 1999. "The Implementation of EU Environmental Policy; A Policy Problem without a Political Solution?," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 17(1), pages 69-90, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Bolognesi, 2014. "Modernisation of urban water services management in Europe and prospects for sustainability: an analysis in terms of institutional resource regimes," Working Papers halshs-01058059, HAL.
- Corentin Girard & Jean-Daniel Rinaudo & Manuel Pulido-Velazquez, 2015. "Index-Based Cost-Effectiveness Analysis vs. Least-Cost River Basin Optimization Model: Comparison in the Selection of a Programme of Measures at the River Basin Scale," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 29(11), pages 4129-4155, September.
More about this item
KeywordsWater Framework Directive; Active involvement; Public participation; Cost-effectiveness analysis; Cost–benefit analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:70:y:2011:i:12:p:2268-2274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .