Operationalising active involvement in the EU Water Framework Directive: Why, when and how?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Giorgos Kallis & Nuno Videira & Paula Antunes & Ã‚ngela GuimarÃ£es Pereira & Clive L Spash & Harry Coccossis & Serafin Corral Quintana & Leandro del Moral & Dionisia Hatzilacou & GonÃ§alo Lobo & Alexa, 2006.
"Participatory Methods for Water Resources Planning,"
Environment and Planning C,
, vol. 24(2), pages 215-234, April.
- Giorgos Kallis & Nuno Videira & Paula Antunes & Ângela Guimarães Pereira & Clive L Spash & Harry Coccossis & Serafin Corral Quintana & Leandro del Moral & Dionisia Hatzilacou & Gonçalo Lobo & Alexandr, 2006. "Participatory methods for water resources planning," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(2), pages 215-234, April.
- R. Turner, 2007. "Limits to CBA in UK and European environmental policy: retrospects and future prospects," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 37(1), pages 253-269, May.
- Pahl-Wostl, Claudia & Tabara, David & Bouwen, Rene & Craps, Marc & Dewulf, Art & Mostert, Erik & Ridder, Dagmar & Taillieu, Tharsi, 2008. "The importance of social learning and culture for sustainable water management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 484-495, January.
- Thomas C. Beierle & David M. Konisky, 2000. "Values, conflict, and trust in participatory environmental planning," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(4), pages 587-602.
- Sagoff, M., 1998. "Aggregation and deliberation in valuing environmental public goods:: A look beyond contingent pricing," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2-3), pages 213-230, February.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L., 1992. "Valuing public goods: The purchase of moral satisfaction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 57-70, January.
- Roy Brouwer, 2008. "The potential role of stated preference methods in the Water Framework Directive to assess disproportionate costs," Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(5), pages 597-614.
- Luigi Pellizzoni, 2003. "Uncertainty and Participatory Democracy," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 12(2), pages 195-224, May.
- Vatn, Arild, 2005. "Rationality, institutions and environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 203-217, November.
- A Jordan, 1999. "The implementation of EU environmental policy: a policy problem without a political solution?," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 17(1), pages 69-90, February.
- Ian J. Bateman & Richard T. Carson & Brett Day & Michael Hanemann & Nick Hanley & Tannis Hett & Michael Jones-Lee & Graham Loomes, 2002. "Economic Valuation with Stated Preference Techniques," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2639.
- Vatn, Arild, 2009. "An institutional analysis of methods for environmental appraisal," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(8-9), pages 2207-2215, June.
- Julio Berbel & Julia Martin-Ortega & Pascual Mesa, 2011. "A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Water-Saving Measures for the Water Framework Directive: the Case of the Guadalquivir River Basin in Southern Spain," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 25(2), pages 623-640, January.
- Arild Vatn, 2005. "Institutions and the Environment," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2826.
- A Jordan, 1999. "The Implementation of EU Environmental Policy; A Policy Problem without a Political Solution?," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 17(1), pages 69-90, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Bolognesi, 2014. "Modernisation of urban water services management in Europe and prospects for sustainability: an analysis in terms of institutional resource regimes," Working Papers halshs-01058059, HAL.
- Corentin Girard & Jean-Daniel Rinaudo & Manuel Pulido-Velazquez, 2015. "Index-Based Cost-Effectiveness Analysis vs. Least-Cost River Basin Optimization Model: Comparison in the Selection of a Programme of Measures at the River Basin Scale," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 29(11), pages 4129-4155, September.
More about this item
KeywordsWater Framework Directive; Active involvement; Public participation; Cost-effectiveness analysis; Cost–benefit analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:70:y:2011:i:12:p:2268-2274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.