A bottom-up approach to environmental Cost-Benefit Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Carolus, Johannes Friedrich & Hanley, Nick & Olsen, Søren Bøye & Pedersen, Søren Marcus, 2018. "A Bottom-up Approach to Environmental Cost-Benefit Analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 152(C), pages 282-295.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ekin Birol & Phoebe Koundouri & Yiannis Kountouris, "undated".
"Using the Choice Experiment Method to Inform River Management in Poland: Flood Risk Reduction vs. Habitat Conservation in the Upper Silesia Region,"
DEOS Working Papers
0802, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Birol, Ekin & Phoebe, Koundouri & Yiannis, Kountouris, 2008. "Using the Choice Experiment Method to Inform River Management in Poland: Flood Risk Reduction vs. Habitat Conservation in the Upper Silesia Region," MPRA Paper 41906, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Czajkowski, Mikolaj & Scasný, Milan, 2010.
"Study on benefit transfer in an international setting. How to improve welfare estimates in the case of the countries' income heterogeneity?,"
Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 2409-2416, October.
- Mikołaj Czajkowski & Milan Ščasný, 2008. "Study on Benefit Transfer in an International Setting. How to Improve Welfare Estimates in the Case of the Countries' Income Heterogeneity?," Working Papers 2008-09, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Thomas C Beierle & David M Konisky, 2001. "What are we Gaining from Stakeholder Involvement? Observations from Environmental Planning in the Great Lakes," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 19(4), pages 515-527, August.
- Human, Brett A. & Davies, Amanda, 2010. "Stakeholder consultation during the planning phase of scientific programs," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 645-654, May.
- Neal Hockley, 2014. "Costâ€“Benefit Analysis: A Decision-Support Tool or a Venue for Contesting Ecosystem Knowledge?," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 32(2), pages 283-300, April.
- Kaul, Sapna & Boyle, Kevin J. & Kuminoff, Nicolai V. & Parmeter, Christopher F. & Pope, Jaren C., 2013. "What can we learn from benefit transfer errors? Evidence from 20 years of research on convergent validity," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 90-104.
- Grizzetti, B. & Liquete, C. & Antunes, P. & Carvalho, L. & Geamănă, N. & Giucă, R. & Leone, M. & McConnell, S. & Preda, E. & Santos, R. & Turkelboom, F. & Vădineanu, A. & Woods, H., 2016. "Ecosystem services for water policy: Insights across Europe," Environmental Science & Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 179-190.
- Meyerhoff, Jürgen & Liebe, Ulf & Hartje, Volkmar, 2009. "Benefits of biodiversity enhancement of nature-oriented silviculture: Evidence from two choice experiments in Germany," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 37-58, January.
- Ek, Kristina & Persson, Lars, 2016. "Priorities and preferences in the implementation of the European Water Framework Directive - A case study of the river Alsterån," CERE Working Papers 2016:18, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
- Czajkowski, Mikołaj & Ahtiainen, Heini & Artell, Janne & Meyerhoff, Jürgen, 2017. "Choosing a Functional Form for an International Benefit Transfer: Evidence from a Nine-country Valuation Experiment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 134(C), pages 104-113.
- Hall, N. & Ashworth, P. & Devine-Wright, P., 2013. "Societal acceptance of wind farms: Analysis of four common themes across Australian case studies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 200-208.
- Queiroz, Luciana de Souza & Rossi, Sergio & Calvet-Mir, Laura & Ruiz-MallÃ©n, Isabel & GarcÃa-Betorz, Sara & SalvÃ -Prat, JÃºlia & Meireles, AntÃ´nio Jeovah de Andrade, 2017. "Neglected ecosystem services: Highlighting the socio-cultural perception of mangroves in decision-making processes," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 26(PA), pages 137-145.
- Bertram, Christine & Dworak, Thomas & Görlitz, Stefan & Interwies, Eduard & Rehdanz, Katrin, 2014. "Cost-benefit analysis in the context of the EU Marine Strategy Framework Directive: The case of Germany," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 307-312.
- Atkinson, Giles & Groom, Ben & Hanley, Nicholas & Mourato, Susana, 2018.
"Environmental Valuation and Benefit-Cost Analysis in U.K. Policy,"
Journal of Benefit-Cost Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 97-119, April.
- Atkinson, Giles & Groom, Ben & Hanley, Nicholas & Mourato, Susana, 2018. "Environmental valuation and benefit-cost analysis in U.K. policy," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 87615, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Thomas C Beierle & David M Konisky, 2001. "What are we gaining from stakeholder involvement? Observations from environmental planning in the Great Lakes," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 19(4), pages 515-527, August.
- Sunstein, Cass R, 2000. "Cognition and Cost-Benefit Analysis," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(2), pages 1059-1103, June.
- Sabatier, Paul A., 1986. "Top-Down and Bottom-Up Approaches to Implementation Research: a Critical Analysis and Suggested Synthesis," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 21-48, January.
- repec:reg:rpubli:98 is not listed on IDEAS
- Turner, R. Kerry & Georgiou, Stavros & Gren, Ing-Marie & Wulff, Fredric & Barrett, Scott & Soderqvist, Tore & Bateman, Ian J. & Folke, Carl & Langaas, Sindre & Zylicz, Tomasz, 1999. "Managing nutrient fluxes and pollution in the Baltic: an interdisciplinary simulation study," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 333-352, August.
- Luigi Pellizzoni, 2003. "Uncertainty and Participatory Democracy," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 12(2), pages 195-224, May.
- David W. Pearce, 2006. "Framework for Assessing the Distribution of Environmental Quality," Chapters, in: Ysé Serret & Nick Johnstone (ed.), The Distributional Effects of Environmental Policy, chapter 2, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Barton, David N., 2002. "The transferability of benefit transfer: contingent valuation of water quality improvements in Costa Rica," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 147-164, August.
- Nick Johnstone & Ysé Serret, 2006. "Distributional Effects of Environmental Policy: Introduction," Chapters, in: Ysé Serret & Nick Johnstone (ed.), The Distributional Effects of Environmental Policy, chapter 1, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- de Groot, Rudolf & Brander, Luke & van der Ploeg, Sander & Costanza, Robert & Bernard, Florence & Braat, Leon & Christie, Mike & Crossman, Neville & Ghermandi, Andrea & Hein, Lars & Hussain, Salman & , 2012. "Global estimates of the value of ecosystems and their services in monetary units," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 50-61.
- Wright, Stuart A.L. & Fritsch, Oliver, 2011. "Operationalising active involvement in the EU Water Framework Directive: Why, when and how?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2268-2274.
- Ysé Serret & Nick Johnstone, 2006. "Distributional Effects of Environmental Policy: Conclusions and Policy Implications," Chapters, in: Ysé Serret & Nick Johnstone (ed.), The Distributional Effects of Environmental Policy, chapter 8, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dick, Jan & Turkelboom, Francis & Woods, Helen & Iniesta-Arandia, Irene & Primmer, Eeva & Saarela, Sanna-Riikka & BezÃ¡k, Peter & Mederly, Peter & Leone, Michael & Verheyden, Wim & Kelemen, Eszter & H, 2018. "Stakeholdersâ€™ perspectives on the operationalisation of the ecosystem service concept: Results from 27 case studies," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 29(PC), pages 552-565.
- Harriet Bulkeley & Arthur P.J. Mol, 2003. "Participation and Environmental Governance: Consensus, Ambivalence and Debate," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 12(2), pages 143-154, May.
- Maes, Joachim & Liquete, Camino & Teller, Anne & Erhard, Markus & Paracchini, Maria Luisa & Barredo, JosÃ© I. & Grizzetti, Bruna & Cardoso, Ana & Somma, Francesca & Petersen, Jan-Erik & Meiner, Andrus, 2016. "An indicator framework for assessing ecosystem services in support of the EU Biodiversity Strategy to 2020," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 14-23.
- H. Spencer Banzhaf, 2009. "Objective or Multi-Objective? Two Historically Competing Visions for Benefit-Cost Analysis," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 85(1), pages 3-23.
- Klauer, Bernd & Sigel, Katja & Schiller, Johannes, 2016. "Disproportionate costs in the EU Water Framework Directive—How to justify less stringent environmental objectives," Environmental Science & Policy, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 10-17.
- Neal Hockley, 2014. "Cost–benefit analysis: a decision-support tool or a venue for contesting ecosystem knowledge?," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 32(2), pages 283-300, April.
- Posner, Stephen & Getz, Christy & Ricketts, Taylor, 2016. "Evaluating the impact of ecosystem service assessments on decision-makers," Environmental Science & Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 30-37.
- Robert W. Hahn & Paul C. Tetlock, 2008. "Has Economic Analysis Improved Regulatory Decisions?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 67-84, Winter.
- Ysé Serret & Nick Johnstone (ed.), 2006. "The Distributional Effects of Environmental Policy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3800.
- Albert, Christian & SchrÃ¶ter-Schlaack, Christoph & HansjÃ¼rgens, Bernd & Dehnhardt, Alexandra & DÃ¶ring, Ralf & Job, Hubert & KÃ¶ppel, Johann & KrÃ¤tzig, Sebastian & Matzdorf, Bettina & Reutter, Mich, 2017. "An economic perspective on land use decisions in agricultural landscapes: Insights from the TEEB Germany Study," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 69-78.
- Arnout R.H. Fischer & Meike T. A. Wentholt & Gene Rowe & Lynn J. Frewer, 2014. "Expert involvement in policy development: A systematic review of current practice," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(3), pages 332-343.
- Grizzetti, B. & Lanzanova, D. & Liquete, C. & Reynaud, A. & Cardoso, A.C., 2016. "Assessing water ecosystem services for water resource management," Environmental Science & Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 194-203.
- John M Bryson, 2004. "What to do when Stakeholders matter," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 21-53, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Endre Kildal Iversen & Kristine Grimsrud & Henrik Lindhjem & Jette Bredahl Jacobsen, 2019. "Trade-offs between carbon sequestration, landscape aesthetics and biodiversity in a cost-benefit analysis of land use options in Norway," Discussion Papers 915, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Planning; Stakeholder Approach; Participatory Approaches; Ecosystem Services; Water Framework Directive; Catchment Management;
- B41 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - Economic Methodology
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2018-04-09 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-CDM-2018-04-09 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-ENV-2018-04-09 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-PPM-2018-04-09 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-RES-2018-04-09 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sss:wpaper:2018-03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laure Kuhfuss). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eestauk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.