Managing nutrient fluxes and pollution in the Baltic: an interdisciplinary simulation study
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Folke, Carl & Hammer, Monica & Jansson, Ann-Mari, 1991. "Life-support value of ecosystems: a case study of the Baltic Sea Region," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 123-137, July.
RePEc Biblio mentionsAs found on the RePEc Biblio, the curated bibliography for Economics:
- > Environmental and Natural Resource Economics > Environmental Economics > Economics of eutrophication
- Elofsson, Katarina, 2003. "Cost-effective reductions of stochastic agricultural loads to the Baltic Sea," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 13-31, November.
- Bertram, Christine & Rehdanz, Katrin, 2013.
"On the environmental effectiveness of the EU Marine Strategy Framework Directive,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 25-40.
- Bertram, Christine & Rehdanz, Katrin, 2012. "On the environmental effectiveness of the EU marine strategy framework directive," Kiel Working Papers 1760, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Larsson, Markus & Granstedt, Artur, 2010. "Sustainable governance of the agriculture and the Baltic Sea -- Agricultural reforms, food production and curbed eutrophication," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 1943-1951, August.
- Fröschl, Lena & Pierrard, Roger & Schönbäck, Wilfried, 2008. "Cost-efficient choice of measures in agriculture to reduce the nitrogen load flowing from the Danube River into the Black Sea: An analysis for Austria, Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 96-105, December.
- Isaksson, Lena Hoglund, 2005. "Abatement costs in response to the Swedish charge on nitrogen oxide emissions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 102-120, July.
- Marita Laukkanen & Anni Huhtala, 2008. "Optimal management of a eutrophied coastal ecosystem: balancing agricultural and municipal abatement measures," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 39(2), pages 139-159, February.
- Laukkanen, Marita & Huhtala, Anni, 2006. "Optimal Management of a Eutrophied Coastal Ecosystem: Balancing Agricultural and Municipal Abatement Measures," Discussion Papers 11856, MTT Agrifood Research Finland.
- Tenwalde, Tracy & Jones, Eugene & Hitzhusen, Frederick J., 2005. "An Economic Analysis of Consumer Expenditures for Safe Drinking Water: Addressing Nitrogen Risk with an Averting Cost Approach," 2005 Annual meeting, July 24-27, Providence, RI 19431, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Gren, Ing-Marie, 2008. "Adaptation and mitigation strategies for controlling stochastic water pollution: An application to the Baltic Sea," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(2-3), pages 337-347, June.
- Laukkanen, Marita & Huhtala, Anni, 2005. "Optimal Control of Nutrient Pollution in a Coastal Ecosystem: Agricultural Abatement versus Investment in Wastewater Treatment Capacity," 2005 International Congress, August 23-27, 2005, Copenhagen, Denmark 24451, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hyytiainen, Kari & Ahtiainen, Heini & Heikkila, Jaakko & Helin, Janne & Huhtala, Anni & Iho, Antti & Koikkalainen, Kauko & Miettinen, Antti & Pouta, Eija & Vesterinen, Janne, 2009. "An integrated simulation model to evaluate national policies for the abatement of agricultural nutrients in the Baltic Sea," Discussion Papers 49896, MTT Agrifood Research Finland.
- Sirje Pädam & Üllas Ehrlich & Koidu Tenno, 2010. "The impact of EU Cohesion policy on environmental sector sustainability in the Baltic states," Baltic Journal of Economics, Baltic International Centre for Economic Policy Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 23-42, June.
- George E. HALKOS & Georgia K. GALANI, 2014. "Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Reducing Nutrient Loading in Baltic and Black Seas: A Review," Journal of Environmental Management and Tourism, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 28-51, June.
- Halkos, George, 2013. "Cost-effectiveness analysis in reducing nutrient loading in Baltic and Black Seas: A review," MPRA Paper 52296, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lassi Ahlvik & Yulia Pavlova, 2013. "A Strategic Analysis of Eutrophication Abatement in the Baltic Sea," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 56(3), pages 353-378, November.
- Ing-Marie Gren, 2001. "International Versus National Actions Against Nitrogen Pollution of the Baltic Sea," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 20(1), pages 41-59, September.
- Scharin, Henrik, 2004. "Management of eutrophicated coastal zones," Department of Economics publications 717, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Elofsson, Katarina & Folmer, Henk & Gren, Ing-Marie, 2003. "Management of eutrophicated coastal ecosystems: a synopsis of the literature with emphasis on theory and methodology," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 1-11, November.
- Elofsson, Katarina, 2002. "Economics of Marine Pollution," Department of Economics publications 78, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Ing-Marie Gren & Paul Jannke & Katarina Elofsson, 1997. "Cost-Effective Nutrient Reductions to the Baltic Sea," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 10(4), pages 341-362, December.
- Brady, Mark, 2003. "The relative cost-efficiency of arable nitrogen management in Sweden," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 53-70, November.
- Gren, Ing-Marie & Jonzon, Ylva & Lindqvist, Martin, 2008. "Costs of nutrient reductions to the Baltic Sea," Department of Economics publications 3212, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department of Economics.
- Kari Hyytiäinen & Lassi Ahlvik & Heini Ahtiainen & Janne Artell & Anni Huhtala & Kim Dahlbo, 2015. "Policy Goals for Improved Water Quality in the Baltic Sea: When do the Benefits Outweigh the Costs?," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 61(2), pages 217-241, June.
- Gren, Ing-Marie, 1999. "Value of land as a pollutant sink for international waters," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 419-431, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:30:y:1999:i:2:p:333-352. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed